Ti10 vs. MP77

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jo, Jul 28, 2001.

1. jo

jo Guest

i recently tried a Ti10 2U and compared it to my MP77 2U. i know most will say Ti10 has more smashing power, but i noticed that the mp77 has more 'clearing' power. by that, i mean that i was able to clear(backhand or forehand) much easier with my mp77, compared to the ti10. the difference was quite noticeable. the mp77 is strung at 22lbs, and the ti10 was with bg65 at 22lbs. i'm wondering if any of you agree with what i observed.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I Dont.

I think The ti 10 is "The racket" adn i think most would agree with me. I would say that Mp 77 as an allround racket is better than the Mp 100 but by all means the Mp77 could just be a decent replacemnt of the Ti 10.

Nothing can step into the shoes of Ti 10 in the yonex range.

I cant commnet abt other models.

3. glaringlee

glaringlee New Member

both ti10 and mp77 are nice:)

I have both ti10 and mp77. I think both of them are nice. Ti10 has strong attack power, many people have said that the shaft of ti10 is hard, but i think it is not hard but flexible. Because of this, ti10 is good at both control and attack. But ti10 is a little heavy, so you must have enough strength to handle it. In my opinion ti10 is suitable for people in single game.

Compare with ti10, MP77 has a more soft shaft. So you can use it in double game.

Now, I am using ti10( 26/24lbs) in single game, and MP77(27/25lbs) in double game.

4. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

My experience

I would say that both are fairly close in terms of power and control. The differences really comes down to:

Frame shape: Ti 10 is a bit more "Isometric" with a slightly larger sweetspot. the MP77 has a slightly more narrow shape, that seems to concentrate the power.

Muscle power frame: Ti 10 only has muscle power frame on the top half, whereas MP77 has a full muscle power frame. I think that the complete muscle power frame will hold string tension higher for longer time, though not everyone will agree.

Balance: MP77 feels slightly more head heavy than Ti 10. even though MP77 has the words "even-balance" on the shaft. So Ti 10 is better for quick doubles play.

I'd rate the Ti 10 as 10/10 and MP77 has 9.5/10, either racket will be a fine weapon.

One question: is there Yonex racket suitable for replacing MP77, other than Ti 10?

5. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Wasn't Ti-10 there before MP77? I think its the other way around no?

6. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

Actually, where I live, Ti 10 is readily available whereas MP77 is not. Indeed, the MP series came after the Ti series.

7. glaringlee

glaringlee New Member

May be.....

MP99 I think..........