Question about MP99 GR version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tuanminhvn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tuanminhvn

tuanminhvn Regular Member

Hi guys, I just bought a secondhand MP99 GR version. The weirdest thing about the racket is that shaft series no. and cone series no. do not stay close to each other. In fact, they stay on each side of the racket. The cone series locate on one side, and the shaft series on the other side. :confused: Luckily, the no. are all engraved, i can feel that.
    I never seen any YY rackets like that, not even the low-end models or the very old ones. Is there any one here have a MP GR version to compare for me, please!!! Any reasons why it is that?
    Thanks for all your feedback

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Can you post a picture? The shaft should have serial number and cone should have date code of ddmmy#GR on your racquet.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    cone came off, previous owner glued it back, not knowing the original position.

4. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Wow, that should be it..
    never thought about it; You "the man", Mr cooler....

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Thx:D I only wrote the short version.
    The likely version is:
    the cone was loose and squeaking. Previous owner yank it loose and re-glue it back on. He concentrated too much on not breaking the cone and really didnt pay attention of the original positioning.:D

6. tuanminhvn

Are you guys serious??? Can they glue the cone together? Holy potatoes !!! How does that affect the racket performance?
    What if they glued the cone and shaft at the wrong position?
    Apart from that, i dont feel any thing unusual about the racket when holding it, but still have not played with it yet. By re-gluing it, does it mean the racket is no longer in good conditions to play?
    The ex-owner never mentioned any thing about this. He just said "it is a "German" thing "
    I will try to post the pic of it if possible.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

gluing back a cone that's come loose should not affect the performance of the racquet significantly. it's only a small bit near the handle and is pretty light, so i doubt you'll notice any difference playing with that and playing with a normal one.

8. tuanminhvn

I am a little confused here about the shaft,cone and handle. What I am concerning is the shaft and the handle. Did the shaft and handle become loose or deattached somehow, then they tried to re-fit them back and positioned them incorrectly, resulting series no. on the shaft and the cone are not lined up together? Or was it just that the cone became loose and they glued it back, while shaft and handle are still in piece together?
    I check the contact point between the shaft and the handle and see there are some marks of paint chipped off.

9. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    they were just talkign bout the plastic used to cover the cone area so u dno't see the wood handle
    that plastic come lose rather common
    most ppl just glue it back on
    any racket maker with common sense would do everything making sure the shaft won't come lose with the handle as that would means firing a missile at your opponent.. (usually there would be a screw that go through the shaft and the handle alltogether) so u shouldn't be too worry about that happening

10. tuanminhvn

Wow, very valuable feedback. I got it. Thanks alot guys.

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well if you do not like the imperfect position, you could take time to re-align and glue it if you like.