Ex-national player from Malaysia's details (who is an Indian guy)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by dimitri, Oct 23, 2006.

1. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    Anyone knows who is the ex-malaysian player who is an Indian ? I met him in AUckland, New Zealand during the Tri-Nation Cup held by Indonesian Badminton Club of New Zealand several months ago. Apparently he's New Zealand National Team's Assistant Coach (that's what i heard from the other players here). There were 3 nations participated in this event which were China, Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Obviously he played for Sri Lanka team and they wont tht game. Im not sure what is his name and this guy is really very tall and fit. What i remeber was i saw his pic b4 with the sideks brothers when i was young. But im not sure where i saw the pic. If i did not mistaken they were holding a trophy in the pic.

#1 dimitri, Oct 23, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

I remember we had quite a few Indian players in 90s but I cannot remember and spell their names correctly (Muralidesan and Kantaroban?). Their results were not so impressive and were playing at the same time with Yong Hock King, Ong Ewe Hock, Pang Chen and others.

3. dimitri

dimitri Regular Member

Sandakan,Sabah, M'sia.. currently in Auckland, New
    ohh .. ok ... well..too bad i didnt ask wat was his name. On the other hand, mayb in asia's level they dont really play as well as we expected ..(mayb) but in nz's level, he's 1 of the best here(as he's the nz national team assistant coach). Every player said tht the biggest challenge is when they had to play againts him.Well, since i've seen him play b4, he's 1 of the unbeatable player. Other players from the Sri Lanka team were pro as well..1 of them is under Auckland team,at the same time, he's also under Nz reserve team.

4. Freddy

Freddy Regular Member

His first name is Thana, I saw him when I was over there earlier this year. Not sure of his 2nd name.