Li Lingwei, Han Aiping, Lim Swee King.......

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by malaysia boleh?, Oct 24, 2006.

1. malaysia boleh?

malaysia boleh? Regular Member

Try to bring back the nolstagic feeling. There are so many great badminton players throughout the years. Just to name a few..Li Lingwei, Han Aiping, Han Jian, Yang Yang, Luan Jin, Chen Changjie, Xiong Guobao, Zhao Jianhua, Li Yongbo, Tian Bingyi (from China) Lim Swee King, Icuk Sugiarto, Hastomo Arbi, Heryanto Arbi, Alan Budi Kusuma, Hendrawan, Bobby Ertanto (Indonesia chief coach, Christian Hadinata's former partner) Ricky Subadja, Susi Susanti (from Indonesia) Park Joo Bong, Kim Moon Soo (from Korea) Morten Frost Hansen, Carmilia Martin (from Denmark) Misbun,Razif,Jailani,Rashid Sidek, Ong Beng Tiong, Soo Beng Kiang, Ong Yew Hock, Yap Kim Hock, Cheah Soon Kit (from Malaysia)..sorry if some of the names are mispelled.

They are all badminton icons in their era. They are all our heroes. I just wonder what are they doing now. Are they still involve in badminton? If you have the information, kindly share it here. I am very sure many of us are interested and wanted to know their whereabout.

Ok I'll start the ball rolling. Hendrawan has just been appointed Indonesia singles coach. He replaces Icuk Sugiarto. Christian Hadinata is Indonesian chief coach. Misbun Sidek is one of Malaysia singles coaches. Yap Kim Hock is Malaysia chief coach. Cheah Soon Kit is Malaysia women doubles coach. Li Yongbo is China head coach. I think Tian Bingyi is one of China doubles coaches(not very sure). Park Joo Bong is now coaching the Japanese national team. Ok, that's all I know.

By the way, hope some of you people out there can give me the name of a Denmark player who had a great rivalry with Misbun Sidek during the 80s. Misbun used to dye his hair gold when he faced this Denmark player. I can't remember his name. Thanks.

2. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    is it sven pri?

3. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    Believe it was Jens-Peter Nierhoff if my spelling is correct....

4. madman

madman Regular Member

It was Morten Frost. Misbun dyed the center strip of his hair gold from front to back, somewhat like Mohican style. Morten reciprocated the next time the pair met again. This time, Morten dyed his black from front to back, also Mohican style. Cannot recall when this happened. It was so lonnnnng ago. :)

5. malaysia boleh?

malaysia boleh? Regular Member

Thanks

Yes Colingsk, I think you are right. Thanks for the info.

6. madman

madman Regular Member

Oops. Yes, it was Jens-Peter Nierhoff, not Morten Frost.

7. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yeah, couldn't have been morten frost, misbun is not even in the same league as frost. i remember all the titanic struggles between frost and yang yang though, amazing games.