Carlton AS-Ti

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Pete, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Pete

Pete Guest

Hey guys and girls,

I just received the Carlton AS-Ti from my friend who bought it for me in Hong Kong. It is head heavy like the AB-2000 and has the same frame shape. Unlike the AB-2000, the AS-Ti weighs at 89 to 90 grams compared with former's 91 to 92 grams. The grip size is 3.25" and comes with factory string. In terms of swing, AS-Ti feels like the AB-2000 except it cuts through air faster due to the aerodynamic shaft. I will officially pound a few birdies on Thursday and will keep you guys and girls posted.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

How much did u pay for it in USD?

Thanks

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Hey Yogesh,

My friend bought it for me in HK for CDN 100 or USD 75. He got it above market price. The lowest price for this racquet in HK is around CDN 90 or USD 60.

The factory string was strung at very high tension in the range of 22+ pounds. It felt more like 25+ pounds. I would say anybody can do a decent smash on this racquet. Power just flows from it. Beware though, you must strengthen your foreman, tricep, chest and shoulder in order to handle the feel-like-hitting-a-wall sensation at impact. Without a conditioned upper body, I just can't imagine using this racquet. Hehe, :), after the factory string breaks I will try out 30 pounds with BG88-Ti.

Response is quicker than AB 2000, on par with AB 900 but slower than AB 1000.

In terms of control, the AS-Ti feels like the typical Carlton racquet. One really has to horn in their basic strokes to get the maximum benefits out of this racquet. However, the very high-tension titanium frame do offer more feel and stability than Carlton racquets.

So far I have only tried nylon shuttlecocks with the AS-Ti. Nylon feels like . . . you know . . . fast. I will use feather today at a club and see how that feels. Okay, that's it for now. I will keep you guys and girls posted as promised.