User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vip_m
    Putting myself in Taufik's place, having won the Olympics, the World Championship, having been world number 1, junior number 1 as well as a host of other accomplishments, I'd be hard-pressed to be bothered with losing 'cuz I'd have nothing left to prove.

I think Taufik has already accomplished what he set out to accomplish, so his biggest "problem" now is motivating himself to play his best.

If I were him, I'd just play to reach my full potential--that'd be my motivation. 'Cuz he has the money, the accomplishments, there's nothing left materially to motivate him.
    These excuses can only be used if he did not participate, not as he showed up and then fled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simp84
    Show us the article with quotes from CJ that says that... but I doubt he need advice from other players as the chinese coaches are far better analysist..
    sorry to cut in guys, but i can only find 1 source for CJ's comment(s); others can add in as well...actually, it's not a big deal :
    http://www.internationalbadminton.or...-2ADDE8B3AA53} (6th paragraph)..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-28-2006 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To add...

Quote Originally Posted by sshuang90
    These excuses can only be used if he did not participate, not as he showed up and then fled.
    ..i/we all know he's been dealing with his back injury since late last yr/early this yr & we know he acknowledged/mentioned numerous times after his losses that "at the present moment LD is #1 and is the best in the world etc.2", but i think it's also "fitting" if Taufik can come out and frankly say that he simply hasn't been preparing well, if *at all*, for his recent matches/tourneys(ie. HK Open, WC, JO, CO)...Add to that, esp. now being married and all, most likely *at least* half of his priorities are now shifted to his wife..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-28-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

every pro has some sort of injuries, some more some less. I have seen LD wearing one of those waist band before as well. Just because we dont hear about it doesnt mean they dont have injury. Myself and many fans would love to see peter gade, kenneth J, wong choong hann to play too and yet they stay home rather than compete for a match or 2 and walk out, even when they can get 'appearance fee' and maybe additonal money to going to QF which I think they can achieve. If TH fans say TH has no motivation to win, then I only have one conclusion, TH show up because he has motivation for the money (ie. appearance fee). Is this cool to TH fans?

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.
    Last edited by cooler; 10-28-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    every pro has some sort of injuries, some more some less. I have seen LD wearing one of those waist band before as well. Just because we dont hear about it doesnt mean they dont have injury. Myself and many fans would love to see peter gade, kenneth J, wong choong hann to play too and yet they stay home rather than compete for a match or 2 and walk out, even when they can get 'appearance fee' and maybe additonal money to going to QF which I think they can achieve. If TH fans say TH has no motivation to win, then I only have one conclusion, TH show up because he has motivation for the money (ie. appearance fee). Is this cool to TH fans?

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.
    by the way LD's wasn't waist support.. it was more like releaving stick on patch as I recalled in a few occation of his hard matches...

KJ, WCH both have quite severe injuries... they physically cannot walk..
    where as back injuries are just annoying you can continue to play, however it could potentially turned into the most serious injuries of all time (paralysis of lower limb) if you go too hard....

ps... who doesn't want money.... lol
    Last edited by Simp84; 10-28-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default why this debate happens..a bit more thought

Taufik Hidayat is an undeniably great badminton player. His great and beautiful techniques often catches PEOPLE'S HEARTS even more than other players do. However, some of these people can be too obsessed at him by seeing him as a GOD of Badminton who can't lose at all.

These kind of TH's fans indirectly hurt other player's fans cuz they can't accept that TH lose just like that. That also means that TH's fans do not approve TH's opponent greatness. Therefore, (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt...
    What happens if (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt? They will try to hurt TH's fans back by saying bad things about TH. TH has nothing to do with all this. TH's fans destroy TH himself.
    Some of TH fans think that TH is superior - In fact, TH doesn't think he is superior.
    Some of TH fans think that TH doesn't play his best - In fact, TH does play his best.
    Some of TH fans think that TH is not motivated to win - In fact, TH is really motivated to win.

Morale:
    1. Becoming a great fan of your heros is cool as long as realistic enough, but not like some of TH's fans.
    2. Some of TH's fans could be annoying, but that doesn't mean u can disrespect a great player like TH just like that.

I hope everyone can find peace..
    Last edited by ssuly; 10-28-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default They all come from different fans...not just TH's loyal fans..

Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    Taufik Hidayat is an undeniably great badminton player. His great and beautiful techniques often catches PEOPLE'S HEARTS even more than other players do. However, some of these people can be too obsessed at him by seeing him as a GOD of Badminton who can't lose at all.

These kind of TH's fans indirectly hurt other player's fans cuz they can't accept that TH lose just like that. That also means that TH's fans do not approve TH's opponent greatness. Therefore, (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt...
    What happens if (TH's opponent)'s fans get hurt? They will try to hurt TH's fans back by saying bad things about TH. TH has nothing to do with all this. TH's fans destroy TH himself.

Morale:
    1. Becoming a great fan of your heros is cool as long as realistic enough, but not like some of TH's fans.
    2. Some of TH's fans could be annoying, but that doesn't mean u can disrespect a great player like TH just like that.

I hope everyone can find peace..
    ssuly, thanks for your input....i think if you follow all the recent events, threads and posts abt Taufik, they mostly "grew" at or around the recent HK Open incident(It grew more and more as the subsequent tourneys unfolded)..And i believe, all the posts came from *not* only TH's fans (loyal or hard-core), but also from other fans/followers, neutral or not his fans...

And re your comment abt "However, some of these people can be too obsessed at him by seeing him as a GOD of Badminton who can't lose at all.", i think, probably most of the BC/BF followers here would agree that indra is arguably the most "loyal" or ardent and vocal fan of TH. Then comes taufik-ist and maybe kemana...I mean, if you want prove, check out this thread starter..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-28-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm....not bad comment!! i've just check the latest ranking...and TH is world no.12... that's fast!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ssuly, thanks for your input....i think if you follow all the recent events, threads and posts abt Taufik, they mostly "grew" at or around the recent HK Open incident(It grew more and more as the subsequent tourneys unfolded)..And i believe, all the posts came from *not* only TH's fans (loyal or hard-core), but also from other fans/followers, neutral or not his fans...

And re your comment abt "However, some of these people can be too obsessed at him by seeing him as a GOD of Badminton who can't lose at all.", i think, probably most of the BC/BF followers here would agree that indra is arguably the most "loyal" or ardent and vocal fan of TH. Then comes taufik-ist and maybe kemana...I mean, if you want prove, check out this thread starter..
    EXACTLY! ctjcad is right! You die-hard Taufik fans regard him as GODLY when he had only achieved three major title (WC, Olympic, Asian Games) when there are other players that achieve way more than he does such as Lin Dan (2xAll England, WC, and over 20-even 30 titles) and that's not fair for these other players to not be recognized.

What's most annoying is that there seem to be an excuse whenever Taufik loses. I haven't seen as much excuses for Lin Dan, Peter Gade, Wong Choong Hann as I have with Taufik Hidayat and all those beside Lin Dan have real injuries/surgeries unlike Taufik's problem of not being "fit". I mean comon now, that's not even a real excuse as it is his fault that he's lazy. Being married is not a valid excuse for him not being in shape as Peter Gade is also married yet he's always keep in himself in top-form; plus he has a daughter as well so Taufik's fans cannot argue with that.

I don't know why you guys still idolize someone that is arrogant, hot-temper, childish, and lazy.
    Last edited by virusvoodoo; 10-28-2006 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo

I don't know why you guys still idolize someone that is arrogant, hot-temper, childish, and lazy.
    that's why i really like taufik,like i said before taufik is a person in badminton history that maybe show in 100 years once a time look at lin dan he same as alan budi kusuma, zhao jh, jing xi peng, etc,etc but taufik nobody similar as him.

many people said that taufik's fans can't accept taufik loss, haha we accept that taufik lost, even better i like him when he lost, he lost with style not like every other player, the way he loss is very artistic and so does the way he win, i think that's why people who don't like taufik, they hatred more and more, they don't realize that taufik will doing that as much he like it

so don't said taufik is bad player and the fans is arrogant, you just can't enjoy THE WAY OF TAUFIK, and you'll never i said never like taufik if you can't enjoy it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baihaki_as
    that's why i really like taufik,like i said before taufik is a person in badminton history that maybe show in 100 years once a time look at lin dan he same as alan budi kusuma, zhao jh, jing xi peng, etc,etc but taufik nobody similar as him.

many people said that taufik's fans can't accept taufik loss, haha we accept that taufik lost, even better i like him when he lost, he lost with style not like every other player, the way he loss is very artistic and so does the way he win, i think that's why people who don't like taufik, they hatred more and more, they don't realize that taufik will doing that as much he like it

so don't said taufik is bad player and the fans is arrogant, you just can't enjoy THE WAY OF TAUFIK, and you'll never i said never like taufik if you can't enjoy it

Oh is it the new trend now, losing with style? Sweet, I got half of it down (the losing part) but I think I can throw a tandrum, give excuses, walk-off the court, lose 15-0 or 21-0 to show that I gave up instead of actually losing so I can "lose with style" just like Taufik. I mean it is tough but I think I can do it too! That damn Lin Dan and everyone else who try to win are fools!
    Last edited by virusvoodoo; 10-28-2006 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virusvoodoo
    Oh is it the new trend now, losing with style? Sweet, I got half of it down (the losing part) but I think I can throw a tandrum, give excuses, walk-off the court, lose 15-0 or 21-0 to show that I gave up instead of actually losing so I can "lose with style" just like Taufik. I mean it is tough but I think I can do it too! That damn Lin Dan and everyone else who try to win are fools!
    example like this comment, he doesn't understand the artistic of taufik , the different beetwen u loss and taufik loss, taufik is world champion and olympic gold medal, who are u????

and don't u see the patern, he just gave up only if he play with lin dan, not with everybody who's beat him, and u know lah who is lin dan

i realize that taufik is only human, he can't be beaten by everyone like of course so does lin dan, but he made that his lost beautifull, and of course his winning toom don't u see the patern he really give his best abbility in circumstance situation like in singapore (the second home for him), indonesia, olympic, world, don't u remember taufik said when he lost from lcw in malaysia open he said he just want to made malaysia fan's happy

"no ofense to other"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

example like this comment, he doesn't understand the artistic of taufik , the different beetwen u loss and taufik loss, taufik is world champion and olympic gold medal, who are u????

"no ofense to other"
    I know! I was being sarcastic about myself if you didn't get my gist so forget the part with myself.

But yeah if you put it that way, it's crazy and foolish of players like Lin Dan, Tony Gunawan, Candra Wijaya, Kim Dong Moon & Ha Tae Kwon to always try and play their best to win when they can be famous for "losing with style" like Taufik. Get how stupid that sounds when I use players who have accomplished much more than Taufik as examples? Just because he won a few big tournaments does not mean that everything he does is great, especially when it's something that stupid as "losing with style"! Look at Tony Gunawan and Kim Dong Moon, they have achieve so much more than your idol yet they acts foolish whenever they are playing in a tournament and some still performs even after their retirement like Tony Gunawan & Candra Wijaya, just always giving their best with a positive attitude and good sportmanship. Listen to how ridiculous that really sounds, "losing with style"...LOL! Get my point?

Another thing with you guys (and I think Taufik as well) is that you guys are riding out these three titles too much (Asian Games, Olympic, WC). As big as they are you have to keep on performing to be regarded as the greatest! Look at the former greats such as Rudy Hartono and Yang Yang as they always put in their best effort in every tournaments until the day they retired. Now those are somethings you can be proud of...their 100% effort, skills, and achievement!
    Last edited by virusvoodoo; 10-28-2006 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.......................... <myself>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    Is "baihaki_as" your other log-in account? or else I don't even see how I directed my comment toward "you"???

You are right on the you never, never said "I thing everything he does is cool" because my quoted sentence was not even from your post.

Please read carefully before you make silly mistake, even though we all do it at times, but at least try to minimize it.

By the way, I am not critizing Taufik here, and just pointing out that he is doing the right thing protecting his confidence in my previous post.. but to baihaki_as whom claimed that it is "cool" to walk out during a match, it is just plain wrong.
    Ah yes, I see what you mean now (in my defense I did post that very late at night ). But I thought that Baihaki was also making a sarcastic comment towards me . Therefore I thought you were posting in agreement with him. See what I mean ? Sorry, I wasn't so much pointing towards you with what I said about accusations. The posts I meant were mainly in other threads. Sorry for the confusion but I stick by the majority of what I posted regardless of who it's directed at .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and don't u see the patern, he just gave up only if he play with lin dan, not with everybody who's beat him, and u know lah who is lin dan

i realize that taufik is only human, he can't be beaten by everyone like of course so does lin dan, but he made that his lost beautifull, and of course his winning toom don't u see the patern he really give his best abbility in circumstance situation like in singapore (the second home for him), indonesia, olympic, world, don't u remember taufik said when he lost from lcw in malaysia open he said he just want to made malaysia fan's happy

"no ofense to other"
    Can you tell us what kind of drug are you smoking there?
    "The way of Taufik" so now everyone expects Taufik to lose in every tournament, then display his "beauty-ness".

As far as losing in Malaysia Open just to make the fans happy... I have got two words for you... "BULL S*IT"

I guess it is much easier for us non-professional badminton players to follow the "way of Taufik" than the "way of Lin Dan", since most of us can perform a beautiful loss much easier than a beautiful win and show off some 6-packs afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bananaboy
    I guess it is much easier for us non-professional badminton players to follow the "way of Taufik" than the "way of Lin Dan", since most of us can perform a beautiful loss much easier than a beautiful win and show off some 6-packs afterwards.
    'six-pack' lol...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast