User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 156
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    bananaboy, no need to reply to JM's last post. You don't want to sink yourself to his level. He had shown his 'artistic' ways as well. Don't want this fun thread closed either
    I didnt know there was levels I could sink so that I could be under somebody..
    for your information, I am not that artistic. but maybe you are also sarcastic in the way you put it. I am only stating my point of view... and sorry... but i'm not an extremist or a terrorist. I will leave if there was nothing constructive that came out of it. sorry for all this.
    Lin Dan... you are the best!!! muahahahha

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMichael
    I think alot of people here think hate taufik... because he's lazy, arrogant, thinks he is the best blah blah blah... just 2 days ago, I downloaded the match between chen hong and Taufik in the invitational world cup, I didnt see him being lazy, or arrogant or being cocky when he met chen hong. Even when he lost to chen hong, he gave chen hong a pat of on the back. and from watching the video, I think Taufik didnt hold back and played very well even though he lost, but I could see him holding his back, maybe due to over stressing..
    I think some of the comments on taufik are over exaggerated. I think if he were to read some of this posts, the beauty in his game will be gone and he will have a very cold cold strategy winning the game at all costs just like Lin Dan. Cool! we'll have zombie players of winning the game at all costs, if not just kill the opponent!! And we'll have zombie supporters just rooting for them for their evil ways! but hey, the way I see it, 99% of the fans are rooting for Lin Dan to win... We'll go ahead Lin Dan, Make them proud!!! you deserve fans like them. that's what makes you # 1, right???

    No it's not that we hate him but more like we are dissappointed with his attitudes and sometimes behaviors. Many of us know that Taufik is capable of demonstration the highest quality of badminton yet he rarely shows us his true form. I know he was trying in the games (WC'06, China Open) against Chen Hong and Lin Dan (Japan Open up until 3rd set) but we are talking about his effort regularly in practices & tournaments.

    It is shown that he hasn't been practicing or conditioning as often as before WC'05 through his awful form. And these past recent tournaments are not the only evidence we see Taufik's carelessness attitude. An example from the top of my head is the Malaysian Open 2005 (???) where it is said that he got drunk the night before he plays Lee Chong Wei thus resulting in a devastating loss of 15-0 / 15-1 or something like that.

    Don't get me wrong because I still like Taufik over Lin Dan overall but these behaviors and attitudes that kinda sadden me since he should show more qualities that of great sport legends. To me, Lin Dan is great in that he always put 100% effort whenever he plays and his great mental strength but his arrogant attitude and sportmanship are very poor. Taufik in this sense is better as he has almost always shown good sportmanship and he's only arrogant against Lin Dan. If he matures himself and put in great effort like Peter Gade, Lee Chong Wei, Wong Choong Hann, and Kenneth Jonassen, he wouldn't get any complaint from me.

    To clarify this, I don't really mind that he isn't winning much but just wish that he can be more like those players when it comes to trying his best on court. But I'm pretty sure when he does this, he'll start winning more thus giving us fans and spectators more excitement and enjoyment when watching his games.

    Remember pros are made famous because of the fans and spectators as we show them great support by watching them; Taufik along with many other pros wouldn't have their fame if it wasn't for us fans. The main reason why they are endorsed is because they bring in crowds of spectators and fans. And if they weren't sponsored they would not have any chance to play since they would need to work to earn a living instead unless they are already rich but that is usually never the case.
    Last edited by virusvoodoo; 10-30-2006 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default check this out...

    don't u guys ever REALIZE that this comment about TH is just a matter of different paradigms? (paradigm: the way u view something mostly based on your value and vanity) Therefore, these comments are not based on a solid ground. Their truth is really in doubt.

    A simple example how different paradigms work:
    If a man steal your money, what do you think of him??
    a negative paradigm: he is such a bad guy.
    a positive paradigm: if he doesn't steal, can he lives on? --> he's not really a bad guy.
    Then, is he truly a bad guy or not? saying that he's such a bad guy because of your feelings after ur money lost is not based on a good reason and facts. The positive paradigm is closer to the truth cuz it's at least based on a good reasoning.

    Now back to the real problems about TH...

    1. why TH only wins big tournament?
    a negative paradigm: he's lazy.
    a positive paradigm: he has his own goals and expectations that we've to respect.
    The truth (based on good reasoning and facts): if he's lazy how the hell he makes it to a great player that needs extreme hardwork. However, the facts say that he is a very talented one, that would be a good reason why he has quite extreme goals and expectations.

    2. why did he walk off the court?
    a negative paradigm: he's bad tempered, childish, etc
    a positive paradigm: he loses in style, artistic, etc
    The truth: The facts say that he's a bit bad tempered, he also hit a spectator once. And how does losing in style sound??? It's not based on a good reason at all.

    3. Some people also says that TH is arrogant, thinks highly of himself, etc.
    The truth: The facts say that TH admits the greatness of his opponent. TH also regards himself as one of Top players who could beat each other. Therefore, TH doesn't think highly of himself and no arrogance of him spotted.

    Conclusion on truth about TH (based on facts and reasoning):

    TH is a great and talented badminton player. Because of his talent, he has different expectations than most of players (only win big tournaments). He's not arrogant and he doesn't think highly of himself. However, TH is sometimes bad tempered cuz he can't control his temper (walk off the court, try to hit a spectator,etc).
    Last edited by ssuly; 10-30-2006 at 04:55 PM.

  4. #72
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,280
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    2. why did he walk off the court?
    a negative paradigm: he's bad tempered, childish, etc
    a positive paradigm: he loses in style, artistic, etc

    The truth: The facts say that he's a bit bad tempered, he also hit a spectator once. And how does losing in style sound??? It's not based on a good reason at all.
    Sorry, you need to drop the crack pipe if you think walking off the court is losing in style and artistic.

    And going into the stands and hitting a spectator is a bit bad tempered?

    SSuly, you say are from the U.S. but I think we are from different worlds based on your post.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Sorry, you need to drop the crack pipe if you think walking off the court is losing in style and artistic.

    And going into the stands and hitting a spectator is a bit bad tempered?

    SSuly, you say are from the U.S. but I think we are from different worlds based on your post.
    Dinkalot, u misunderstood me.....
    "walking off the court is losing in style and artistic"
    it's a postive paradigm.. but it's not the truth. it's not based on sound reasoning. it's a total bs.

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Sorry, you need to drop the crack pipe if you think walking off the court is losing in style and artistic.

    And going into the stands and hitting a spectator is a bit bad tempered?

    SSuly, you say are from the U.S. but I think we are from different worlds based on your post.
    lol, dinkalot, u beat to it.
    I'm thinking more like different galaxy or universe, places where no man had gone before
    Last edited by cooler; 10-30-2006 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    lol, dinkalot, u beat to it.
    I'm thinking more like different galaxy or universe
    cooler, u misunderstood me too.. read my reply to dinkalot sorry if I confused you guys. I hope u guys read more thoroughly.

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahhhh, those BC pots sure smells good. Maybe one puff will make everyone here understand what you are trying to get at

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    cooler, u misunderstood me too.. read my reply to dinkalot sorry if I confused you guys. I hope u guys read more thoroughly.

  9. #77
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Quick take...

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    don't u guys ever REALIZE that this comment about TH is just a matter of different paradigms? (paradigm: the way u view something mostly based on your value and vanity) Therefore, these comments are not based on a solid ground. Their truth is really in doubt.[/I]
    ssuly, thanks for your input...sorry, i'm snipping most of your post for brevity..

    anyways, this is my take..if i don't misunderstood what you are attempting to post..

    The fact:i understand what you are trying to point out. Yes, we humans, esp. fans have a natural tendency to "judge" certain people/players on the merit of what they should or should not do...

    but..

    The truth(as you like to put it & as i've mentioned before):as a *professional athlete*, esp. one who has won arguably 2 of the IBF/BWF's most prestigious titles/achievements in back to back yrs, should he continue and behave like what he's done the last 3-4 months?? If he really has some valid excuse(s) for his recent behaviors, then he surely must've been pretty good at "hiding" it. Add to that, remember, he was a 2-time IBF Player of the Year(2005 & 2006), most likely chosen for his "exemplary" behavior *on the court*....

    now, that's something to think about...hehe
    BTW, i have a feeling taufik-ist must be really enjoying(probably laughing at the same time) reading and looking at this thread, which he started, grow longer & longer..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-30-2006 at 05:18 PM.

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    The truth(as you like to put it & as i've mentioned before):as a *professional athlete*, esp. one who has won arguably 2 of the IBF/BWF's most prestigious titles/achievements in back to back yrs, should he continue and behave like what he's done the last 3-4 months?? If he really has some valid excuse(s) for his recent behaviors, then he surely must've been pretty good at "hiding" it. Add to that, remember, he was a 2-time IBF Player of the Year(2005 & 2006), most likely chosen for his "exemplary" behavior *on the court*....
    ctjcad, thanks for your argument relating to my post. although, I'm not sure if I can understand what u're trying to get at either.
    But, i'll try..

    Truth:
    TH has disappointed many of his fans and a lot of badminton spectators since HKO incident. However, TH realized this situation and said his apology to IBF. There's no better reason for this incident despite TH's lack of ability to control his temper at those kind of situation. Some facts also support this reasoning.

  11. #79
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Truth or fact??..Fact or truth??..

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    ctjcad, thanks for your argument relating to my post. although, I'm not sure if I can understand what u're trying to get at either.
    But, i'll try..

    Truth:
    TH has disappointed many of his fans and a lot of badminton spectators since HKO incident. However, TH realized this situation and said his apology to IBF. There's no better reason for this incident despite TH's lack of ability to control his temper at those kind of situation. Some facts also support this reasoning.
    ..(it's ok, if you don't quite understand what i'm trying to get at also)...
    ..hmm, i thought those are "facts"??...Anyways, i'm sure you're aware that the HK Open incident wasn't the only tourney which he disappointed a lot of fans, correct??.. And i really hope the disciplinary act/warning given by the BWF council(during the WC) wasn't "the only way" Taufik will finally conduct, behave himself again on court??..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-30-2006 at 06:03 PM.

  12. #80
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    he things that we're already know is that taufik doesn't care about people comment for his action he just do what he thinks should do.

    but something that this forum don't know is that taufik's fans don't care too for everything people said about them and taufik, we just enjoy everything that taufik do, about pbsi coruption, taufik lazy, bla.. bla..bla..., you just wasting your energy. you should know the different beetwen taufik's fans and the other player fans is the way their thinking about their idols

    we enjoy the fells arrogant of taufik, we fell that we win eventhough taufik lost, can u enjoy the feeling when he walk out from HO and World Cup, can u enjoy the felling of taufik's lost when he just threw away the shuttle cock to the net when he lost from lin dan 21-3, i bet you can't?

    Like life is not everything about money so does badminton is not everything about achievement, hey you rich than me but i'm enjoy my life than u i don't care about people said about me, same as taufik hey you better than me but i enjoy my play what people said ahhh terserahlah.

    Naive people give everthing their best but they never get the best, because they don't know that everything is not being number 1, ahhh i think u'll never understand THE WAY OF TAUFIK FANS.

  13. #81
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ..(it's ok, if you don't quite understand what i'm trying to get at also)...
    ..hmm, i thought those are "facts"??...Anyways, i'm sure you're aware that the HK Open incident wasn't the only tourney which he disappointed a lot of fans, correct??.. And i really hope the disciplinary act/warning given by the BWF council(during the WC) wasn't "the only way" Taufik will finally conduct, behave himself again on court??..
    The more facts and sound reasoning support an opinion, the closer that opinion of becoming the real truth.

    Yes, I'm completely aware that HKO is not the only incident which TH disappointed badminton spectators. I just picked the big one for my example.

    ctjcad, actually I don't really know the disciplinary act/warning given by the BWF council...what kind of conduct does the council expect TH to do? to what extent?

  14. #82
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    The more facts and sound reasoning support an opinion, the closer that opinion of becoming the real truth.

    Yes, I'm completely aware that HKO is not the only incident which TH disappointed badminton spectators. I just picked the big one for my example.

    ctjcad, actually I don't really know the disciplinary act/warning given by the BWF council...what kind of conduct does the council expect TH to do? to what extent?
    ..re your last inquiry, you can go to this thread & find out all abt it:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...534#post441534 (wonder if PBSI is gutsy enough to hand down that kind of action to him??)...
    ..abt the HK Open incident and his recent other behaviors in this yr's calendar, those were not the only ones he *ever* did either..He also did roughly similar behaviors in the past, prior to him winning the OG and WC....
    Last edited by ctjcad; 10-30-2006 at 06:42 PM.

  15. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssuly
    The more facts and sound reasoning support an opinion, the closer that opinion of becoming the real truth.
    u got real fact/truth and opinions mixed up.
    Even at 100% opinion is not a fact or a truth.
    Even with sound reasoning it only give u a theory.

    here are some samples:
    not too long ago, man believed the earth is flat, the sun spins around the earth. Are these are facts, the truth, or just opinions?

    So far, your beliefs on TH are based on no facts, just opinions, shakey at best.
    Last edited by cooler; 10-30-2006 at 06:45 PM.

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Get Rid of IBF Is The Only Solution

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    lol, dinkalot, u beat to it.
    I'm thinking more like different galaxy or universe, places where no man had gone before
    Wow, “Terrorist”…”not from same world”… I am glad we are not soccer fans

    All the arguments from both sides here seem to ignore one of most important facts: badminton is a ‘pro’ (not a very popular) sports and it is running by an organization instead of an enterprise. Until that day when it’s running by ‘evil and greed’ corporation, we will continue to see tops players giving up matches just like TH did (we have had many arrogant or bad temper tennis players, did anyone dare to quit or walk off so easily?). And we will continue to hear Americans asking us “oh, badminton…, is that one we play in the back yard?”…

    No fans no sports. There are all kinds or types of fans for each sport. Who would say the ones have most critics on TH were not TH’s loyal fans? Who would dare to criticize Deco Manadona in front of Argentines (you know how bad he got)? There are more TH fans in Chinese national team than anyone else’s fans … The fact is that we all love or loved TH, but he is damaging the sports right now. And for 90% of normal badminton fans around world, we like to watch a great match and we deserve to watch it if we pay the tickets. But TH is not main one to be blamed. IBF is (who should we sue if you want your money back).

    So still the same point, instead of arguing with each other so hard, think about a way to enterprise badminton sport if you have money and time, a way to get rid of IBF…

  17. #85
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Name-wise, yes...but still..

    Quote Originally Posted by Treker
    So still the same point, instead of arguing with each other so hard, think about a way to enterprise badminton sport if you have money and time, a way to get rid of IBF
    Treker, thanks for your input....BTW, re how to "get rid of IBF", hmm i thought they've changed the name to BWF now(but still the same old bodies of people in there)??..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Taufik Black and Gold shirt, Taufik Hidayat Line.
    By James. in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM
  2. Taufik's comment in Canadian open
    By kan2005 in forum USA West
    Replies: 0
    : 07-20-2010, 01:04 PM
  3. Pls giv some comment on tis racket.....
    By Cheng Yuan in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 5
    : 09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
  4. Interesting comment from Li Mao about LD vs LCW
    By Han in forum Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006
    Replies: 18
    : 08-05-2006, 01:36 AM
  5. Any comment on RSL 4900 ?
    By hehehaha in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 14
    : 07-02-2004, 10:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •