User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    I was looking for a hard disk storage box that can fit more than one drive (hard disk drives can be changed like a cassette). A couple of guys said they don't exist!!
    I was also not noticed any portable HD box can fit more than one drive when I visited Golden Centre last Sat. I was planning to buy one with CF card reader installed after the hard time in China Open. There were few shops in B1 of Golden Centre mainly selling external HD. It's around the stair walking down from Fuk Wing Street entrance.
    Why do you want to fit 2 together? Is it because you need very large storage size? say 150GB or more. For me, 80GB is large enough to carry aboard and storage all pics for a whole tournament. It's designed for easy transportation.
    I just bought TDK scratchproof DVD-R prepared for backup of the pics in Golden Centre. It is more reliable, it claimed "100 times more scratch resistant than conventional discs". $130 for 25 discs. Someone recommended that it is more reliable to storage in DVD than portable HD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AChan
    I agreed the contrast is a bit high with 1/3 overexposed. I used "standard" picture style of 30d, that is 3 in Sharpness (0 to 7), 0 in contrast (-2 to +2), 0 in saturation (-2 to +2). How about yours? There's no a fixed pattern of Cheung's hko 06 pic, mixture of little over & little under exposure . He can consider to use Photoshop for minor adjustment .
    mine are all in the middle at 0. coz i think it's better for me to do that by myself in photoshop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AChan
    I was humble to talk to him many times, but he is not open to give advices. Just say " it is difficult to tell you, our printer is not same as what you use in photoshop".
    he's a liar! .
    in the past, it was! but now...........
    next time just check their printer. if there is a monitor on their printer. that means the concept of using it is the same as using photoshop.
    they said that beacuse they don't want u to argue with them about bad printings!
    one more thing. if u know how to read the back print (those numerals and letters at the back of the print.) u will even know what filters and density did they use to correct your picture. they can't hide away from bad prints!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AChan,

Going back to the harddrive backup setup. That hard drive storage case fitting 2 hard drives is not for portable use. It's for photo storage and video storage. It's a bit of overkill for non-computer person like me but looks good next to my computer. I'm just experimenting again in some digital video of the family.

It's funny you mention the TDK DVDs. I was just in Causeway Bay computer centre (forgot the name of the building) and one of the shops was telling me TDK was very good.

Red, thanks for being so "informative" on the lab's secret and your opinion. That what I like about you - so direct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys are in HK, you should have easy access to something like this for backup. It's a bit pricey but for portability, it's next to none. I was told some even come built with card reader.

http://www.pexagontech.com/products/...rd-drive-4.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Red, thanks for being so "informative" on the lab's secret and your opinion. That what I like about you - so direct
    thank you! that's just because i have my limitation in writing/typing english!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2