~~HELP!! TI 8 and AB900!!!~~

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by eltonz, Aug 2, 2001.

1. eltonz

eltonz Guest

Hey everyone, i was wonderin. i have a ti8 and a ab 900 as my main racket. I use my ti8 mostly and ab900 as the back up. i was at an important tourniment in my city and played the last years champ. I was beating him 9-0 but he had come back and won the game with 13-15 for him. THis was last year, and after it was 9-5 for me, my racket sounded really weird... like somethign was wrong or broken but seems like nothings wrong, but i switched to my ab900 and find that i cant do mcuh with this racket besides give off EVEN MORE powerful smashes. i cant seem to do my soft drop shots with this racket. I used the original strings for it.... should i change the strings or are they good enough? please help, i might plan on buying a mp77 and use my ti8 as back up instead.... what do u tghink?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you should get two of the same exact racket. strung exactly the same. and rotate the use of them.

this way, when one starts acting strange or when one string breaks, you will have an identical replacement.

3. eltonz

eltonz Guest

yea i guess i should do that. so what do u suggest? i get another ti8? thye cut production on it which sucks,.... i was planning on getting a mp77.//... plz help... what shoudl i get? thanskf or ur good suggetion kwun!

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's is really your decision, whichever one you pick, you should end up with a pair of the same rackets.

most people do that, like i have two iso600's, two SR's, two SS's, two MP100's.... Cheung has 4 (or is it 5) cab22... :)

5. eltonz

eltonz Guest

hahah i see, so would u suggest that i get another ti8? or TRY and get another one? or shoudl try and get 2 new ones?

6. eltonz

eltonz Guest

hahah i see, so would u suggest that i get another ti8? or TRY and get another one? or shoudl try and get 2 new ones?

7. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    I agree with Kwun: it's your decision. To help you decide, try as many different racquets as you can. Ask a friend to let you use his racquet for a game, or just hit with it for a while. Do this until you find a racquet you like and can afford, then get two. I don't think anyone can tell you which racquet is best for you. Example: two friends tried an ISO Ti Swing Power, and said it gave them extra distance on their clears. I tried it on a day when I was clearing pretty well (which doesn't always happen. something I need to work on), and couldn't tell any difference between the Ti and my Iso 300 tour.

So, find a racquet that fits you. Good luck.

8. eltonz

eltonz Guest

Thanks Marshall, i knwo what u mean.. but when i try rackets.. somedays i play well and some days i dont... so i find if i try a racket out and its good thent he next day i dont find it as good u know?

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re:HELP!! TI 8 and AB900!!

Man,

I think kwun was spot on abt having two rackets of the same kind.That too someone who plays tournaments and stuff like that.

I think u should try the Ti 10 and then i am very sure u might not be interested abt choosing someother racket.

I would suggest u try the following rackets considering the fact that u are an offensive player.(having chosen an AB 900)

If u can try the ISo 800, Iso 200 power,Iso 600 power, Iso 900SX,Iso 750Muscle,
    Mp 77 and Mp 100.

Best of luck!

10. eltonz

eltonz Guest

THANKS YOGESH! ur alwasy there for me hehe yea i guess mp77... but so expensive to buy 2 of them ahah what do u think of having mp77 and ti8 as my back up? thansk a lot u guys i come v\here every day i may not post much but i know u guys give great advie! ab is very powerful on smashes i am amzed! hehe yes i am a very offenceive player i smash a lot thats what i do most to win points

11. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Man,

I have played only with the Mp 77 2U version and i believe that it is a great punch racket indeed.

Man u never returned my mail that i sent u ages ago? What happened?

I guess u should buy it if u like it.Give everything a good try though

12. eltonz

eltonz Guest

hi Yogehs,

ye si am very sorry i was out traveling and i got home i had soo many emails. sorry for not replying. Do you still have that mp77 avalible? do u know how much u can get a NEW mp77 i think U3? and how much for shipping etc... please let me knwo and i will go test out a mp77 soon and then let u know about it. Thanks a lot!

13. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Don't abandon the AB900 just yet

Why don't you try getting your AB900 restrung with a quality string and see if you like it, rather than just abandoning it and buying two new racquets? I also had the same opinion of the AB900 with factory strings and so did Mag. I am following Mag's advice and getting it restrung with a decent string at a higher tension to give it more control and then giving myself a month or so to get used to it. Mag reported that the new string (he used BG-85) and a bit of patience really paid off for him. If you like the restrung Carlton, you can then just buy another as a backup.

Compared to the AB900, a Ti-8 feels like an Iso 60 Lite (come to think of it, maybe the Ti-8 is really just an Iso 60 Lite Ti with more boring graphics.... hmmm)

It would be interesting for an unbiased panel of experienced players to do a comparison of smashing power between an AB 900, and a Ti-10. The couple of comments that I recall reading comparing the AB900 with the top Yonex racquets seem to come from people with obvious biases toward one or the other brand of racquets. If the Ti-10 truly is more powerful than an AB900, it really is a wicked racquet.

14. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

with a AB900 at 22lbs with BG 68Ti i get great back court drops...i havent tried a lot of upclose drops, because im trying to learn how to slice it well.

15. Simon

Simon Guest

Re: Don't abandon the AB900 just yet

http://www.centralsports.co.uk/head.php3?id=00001