Help! Canadians who bought a Eagnas machine!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jsunsun, Nov 1, 2006.

1. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I'm wondering for those canadians who bought a Eagnas stringing machine, which machine did you buy and how much did you have to pay for shipping and customs fees?

I'm thinking of buying a Easy-3, but afraid of how much I'll get hit with customs... Thanks in advance!

2. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    I bought an Easy-3. I paid about $80 when i received the item. More than I expected.

The machine itself is ok. But if I am to do it again, I would get a drop-weight machine instead of a crank.

3. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

Thanks for the reply! 80$ for a 300$ machine is not too bad...

are you unhappy with the easy-3? i have a drop weight now and want to upgrade to a crank. I string my racquet often and want to save some time on stringing.

4. Shiryu

Shiryu Regular Member

Nerd
    i see. If you need to string racquets often, then the crank maybe a good choice for you (other than electrical). You may need to calibrate the machine though.

There's nothing wrong with the easy 3. I need to make some minor adjustments to the machine to my liking. Such as padding the metal support with some tape so that it won't chip or dent the racquet. I hope you have some flying clamps too. But don't use the one that comes with the machine, it damanged many of my strings.

Overall I am happy with the machine.