User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Headache during a game?

hey, just asking about head injury during games. I doubt i suffered one, but I'm still curious to ask. I was playing roughly half a week ago against a couple strong ppl. Coming up to the net to smash the birdie, i had a sharp headache at the back of my head. I bent over in pain cuz it hurt really bad, and I missed that birdie. The game ended since the score was really close, but i stopped playing for the rest of that day. My friend told me i was going too fast and my head couldnt handle it or something. but it felt like...you know when someone twists their neck too hard or slept in a wrong position?...imagine that on the back of ur head and magnified a bit so it hurts quite a bit. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain before? if u do tell me more about it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there

started playing badminton again after a layoff of 6 months or so.

in the first few sessions i played, i was experiencing headache during and especially after the games. this comes about after a very fast and tiring game. sometimes the headache lasts tuntil the next day. i guess the body esp the head is experiencing pressure (maybe lack of oxygen or high blood pressure).

only way is to take more rest and should go away in a day or two.

anyway, to be on the safe side, go an see a doctor to check your blood pressure if its on the high side and start on medication if necessary.

hope this info helps.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chaoroger
    hey, just asking about head injury during games. I doubt i suffered one, but I'm still curious to ask. I was playing roughly half a week ago against a couple strong ppl. Coming up to the net to smash the birdie, i had a sharp headache at the back of my head. I bent over in pain cuz it hurt really bad, and I missed that birdie. The game ended since the score was really close, but i stopped playing for the rest of that day. My friend told me i was going too fast and my head couldnt handle it or something. but it felt like...you know when someone twists their neck too hard or slept in a wrong position?...imagine that on the back of ur head and magnified a bit so it hurts quite a bit. Has anyone else experienced this type of pain before? if u do tell me more about it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably a trapped nerve, however if it happens again seek medical advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morewood
    Probably a trapped nerve, however if it happens again seek medical advice.
    I think morewood is right. Also, sinus congestion can cause some head pains.

In addition, you should be alert to any unusual nausea. The combination of unusual nausea and headaches is a possible sign of an impending brain injury (such as an aneurysm that is just starting to bleed).

This is extremely unlikely, but the consequences are so severe that awareness of the symptoms is worthwhile. If you experience unusual nausea and headaches combined, consult a doctor immediately.