Updateing Marketing place rule - Definition of a dealer

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by LazyBuddy, Nov 3, 2006.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just went across some old thread: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37501 and see some of our members had a heated debate (at least, I feel so) regarding to the definition of a dealer.

Like many ppl pointed out, the old definition of "dealer" is a bit out of dated, and we need to get an update to avoid any more confusion. Clearly, using number of quantity to limit the sales is not accurate. How many ppl only sell 1 piece of shuttle or 1 pack of string? Many ppl (fanatics :p ) have tons of collection in equipment, if one day a person try to clean up his collection (like BlueJeff), he can't do it?

Use myself as an example, I have 8 cab30ms, all US coded, 3ug4. Why I want all? Because I was afraid that one day if that discontinue, I have to cry for no more backup rackets. So, I stock up a few. Say in 1 day, I found there's another racket in the market fit for my need. Again, I might stock up that kinda (hope not 8 :rolleyes: ). What I am going to do with all 8 cab30ms??? Of course, sell them if not all. This way, I have a bit more $$$ in hand for the new ones, and don't have to rent another room to store all the rackets. But if say, I put 5 on sale, I must be a "dealer" by definition. I can even say, by quantity, I might have more cab30ms than most of my local dealers. However, I am clearly not in a business, or even attempt to make any profit. If Yonex can honor my a dealership by just selling 5 used rackets, I might more than glad to accept the title, and consider myself get a gold mine. :D

I know there's always written rules, and no rules can be perfect. However, if we can somehow re-state the definition, and give ppl a bit more freedom, I think it will only do well for our community.

I understand a "loose" definition might add more work on our moderators, but maybe we can get another moderator who's designated in Market Place only? Of course, this will not guarantee 100% satisfaction, but I just don't like to see buyers/sellers get into a confusion mode and argument with a definition interpration.

At the end, I feel certain member here just try to play a word game, to draw attetention (on purposely start a fight), while trying to mess around other reputable members. Sure, you can play the word game, and argue what so ever, but please, this is not the superior court, and we are not lawyers. We try to evaluate a matter from the fact, but not a definition or a number. :cool:

#1 LazyBuddy, Nov 3, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  2. BaddGolfer

BaddGolfer Regular Member

LB, I agree 100%. Some people here are very serious about their equipment and do have a lot of it. I see no problem when they try to sell some of what they have. The main purpose of the "dealer" rule is to prevent the abuse of people using the forum to conduct business.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I like BC/BF as this place is clean, no as some other forums I've been to, which could be piled with business contains. I agree that we need to set a standard to filter out the "pure business minded" ppl (e.g. this dude ad. his cell phone business like crazy using mult. accounts).

The reason I raised up this issue, just because I realized that the definition was a bit over-strictly stated, which might bring negative impact on potential buyer/seller (not business type, of course). Reasonable transactions between members allow us to use affordable prices to accquire decent condition equipment, or hard to get (within certain region) stuff. All such should be greatly encouraged, as that's the symbol of an active and healthy community. ;)