Yonex Iso 250 Long

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by deadkenny, Aug 6, 2001.

1. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Just wondering if the Yonex Isometric 250 Long is any good. What's a good price for it? I saw one "on sale" for $100 (Can dollars). I'm not sure whether or not that's a good price. There are so many models in the Isometric line now, it's hard to keep them all straight. Anyone know a good web site that lists them all, and the MSRP at least? Reviews of the various models would be helpful as well. I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. :)

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Go to badmintonpage.com

I think they have most models of Iso series available. For reviews abt diff models go to badmintoncentral.com

Best of luck

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Go to badmintonpage.com

I think they have most models of Iso series available. For reviews abt diff models go to badmintoncentral.com

Best of luck

4. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Thanks for the info Yogesh, it was very helpful. Looks like $100CND is not a bad price. Is was $120 on the badmintonpage site. And the reviews seem pretty good, with one notable except that was EXTREMELY negative.

Anyone else have any comments / suggestions / info? Are there any similar Iso's at a similiar price that are worth considering ($100 is the top of my price range right now, and I'm not interested in Ti)?

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I seen the racket cheaper than that.

If you are in Vancvouer, BC I can tell you which store is selling it for less.

6. joseph

joseph Guest

iso250 for a 100$ is a good price, but if you're willing to pay a bit more, i think you should go for iso500. don't know if your price of 100$ includes strings. iso500 is about 120$ in the toronto area, and that price includes strings and labour. personally, i think the iso500 is a big improvement over the iso250. the iso500 has 4 different models to suit your style of play. it's lighter than iso250, yet, more powerful, and better control.

7. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Thanks Matt, but I'm in Toronto so the store recommendation won't work. Still, what's the best price that you're aware of? My impression is that $100 isn't bad, but isn't the best price either.

8. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Hi Joseph. The $100 does not include the price of string, but the labour is free if I purchase the string in the same store. Do you have any recommendations for stores in the GTA? Does the $120 for the Iso 500 include string? Thanks for your help.

9. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Thanks for your help. BTW, how's the weather out in Vancouver these days. We're roasting here in Toronto.

10. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Oops, I should have asked WHAT string does the $120 include?

11. joseph

joseph Guest

actually, my mistake... 120$ does not include strings, but does include labour at leesbadminton.com. so just add the price of the strings you want. also, tax is already included. they also sell iso500 at brownssports.com for 100$, but that price is just for the frame. after adding tax, string and labour, price will more than lees. so your final price at lees will be 130-138$(but you can probably bargain it down a bit) depend on what strings you pick. that's the only 2 stores i know in the toronto area, that sells iso500. and if you're wiling to spend even a little more, mp55 is another option, which is 10$ more than iso500 at lees. it's a considerably heavier racquet, but more durable, can withstand more tension. the iso500 is long, but mp55 is regular length.

12. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

OK. Thanks for all the info!

Anything a bit cheaper in the Iso line, or is the 250 long about the best for $100 that you're aware of?

13. joseph

joseph Guest

sorry, dont' know anything cheaper that's good... but i'd definitely try to get the iso500, it's considerably better than iso250. the only iso racquet that may be cheaper is decent is iso95vf, but not as good as iso250. if you're only willing to spend 100$, you can consider a non-yonex racquet, such as winex. winex T-8 is a direct clone of yonex ti8, but only 105$ at lees. it's certainly not as good as yonex ti8, but may be better than iso250.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Seems a bit on the warm side here.

Well I don't know all the models off the rackes on the top of my head, but I tink the 250 is an ok racket even thou I have not tried it, I touched it in a Sport Check store and that's it.

You may want to try more popular like models if you want to find reviews. They are on the www.badmintoncentral.com website.

15. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    kenny, go to yo sports @ first markham.
    they have iso500 swing power for 120 including stringing of any string and ur desired tension..

16. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

OK. Thanks Shaun, I'll check it out. Do you know if the $120 includes tax or not? The Iso 500 comes in a number of versions, with different stiffness. Do you know if all the different version are available, and the same price? Any one better than another, or any to stay away from. I'm leaning towards the stiffer end, but not the stiffest (i.e. the SX I think). Any thoughts?

17. deadkenny

deadkenny Guest

Sounds like it's really worth it to go up to the Iso500. If I can get it for $120 including decent string, that's about the same as the deal I got for the Iso250 Long. Thanks again for your assistance.

18. joseph

joseph Guest

have the note that although SX is the stiffest one of the 4 models, it's not 'extra stiff'. it's just 'stiff' if you want a power game, and want a stiff racquet, the SX is best.

19. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    stiffer end but not the stiffest, u should check out SR and SS.
    all variations of this model are the same price...all include stringing...

20. Dave

Dave Guest

Matt,
    I'm from Vcr, what other places would you recommend for good pricing? I know Tad on Granville is pretty good.