User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finally!! Thank goodness..

Quote Originally Posted by bdmnt0n
    the pop-up window has been updated. we should take it that things are moving, albeit slowly.

cheers!
    ...i thought they'll never announce it...and they better hurry up cos the Sudirman Cup is coming up in abt a month(in case the winner wants to go there instead)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What on EARTH is happening with this? It's reeeally close to the Sudirman Cup already. My guess is that either they decided none of them were good enough and are either going to stick with their current logo or hire a professional graphic designer, OR they're going to finally unveil it at the Sudirman Cup?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeah, everyone is probably getting restless..

Quote Originally Posted by phaarix View Post
    What on EARTH is happening with this? It's reeeally close to the Sudirman Cup already. My guess is that either they decided none of them were good enough and are either going to stick with their current logo or hire a professional graphic designer, OR they're going to finally unveil it at the Sudirman Cup?
    ...with the delay..Although i saw this design, check it out

http://www.hcmcba.org/ (scroll down the page a bit)..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ...with the delay..Although i saw this design, check it out

http://www.hcmcba.org/ (scroll down the page a bit)..
    haha. must be done by an engineer. "if it works, don't fix it."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    haha. must be done by an engineer. "if it works, don't fix it."
    ..imagine if that's actually the final design...all those troubles us badminton fans have to go through, sweating bullets, day & night to create the ultimate BWF logo design.....
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-23-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Well, folks..

..i think it's finally official...I just visited the BWF website and looks like they will use the same logo as above, except they will use the wording "Badminton World Federation"..Check out their official website:
    http://www.internationalbadminton.org/
    The link to the BWF Logo Competition is no longer there...So much for all our efforts..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man if it really is... how unexciting . I hope it's just temporary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's very inconsiderate of them. they made up a competition and then decides to not reward the participants. i feel like it was a contract gone sour. the effort we put in should be considered. maybe i should write to a newspaper and ask why they back out on their promise to pick a new logo and a winner. BWF sucks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

we can only speculate why.

perhaps:

1. winner has already been found. they just keeping it secret and they will reveal it during the Sudirman Cup. unfortunately, that probably means that the BC member who entered are not the winner.

2. they saw the entries and think that the old one looks nicer

3. they ran out of money to send the winner all the way to Scotland

4. they just simply got disorganized and forgotten about the whole thing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i have to say though that the old/current logo looks very 80's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i have to say though that the old/current logo looks very 80's.
    Heh yeah, do you know exactly how long it's been used for? It actually looks worse with the circle around it. I'm still hoping they're going to reveal the new logo (if there is one) at the Sudirman Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i choose answer number 4, kwun. i believe it is highly unlikely that they will unveil the new logo at sudirman cup without making any hype about it. why not milk it if they are unveiling the new logo? so, i think we will not see a new logo anytime soon. maybe they are keeping mum and hoping everybody will forget about the competition. how long should we wait before we are confident that they will not choose a new logo? i am itching to see what other BC members' logo are like. but we should not risk it IF bwf are indeed going to choose a new logo. well i guess more waiting game for us then......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is really disappointing. their professionalism is appalling.

i also choose answer 4, but its more like they just simply got really disorganized and want everyone else to forget about it...

a friend who had also entered got not replies to emails sent about the delay to both bwf and total sports asia (the sports marketing company whose website also doesn't get updated too often, who also probably dreamed up this fantastic idea of an open competition for the new logo).

azabaz_ipoh: would be a good idea if you could get the press to investigate this further to get to the bottom of things. they should atleast have the marketing/pr ability to update the website to inform everyone whats happening.

so it turns out that in their attempt to re-brand and revitalize the world of badminton they managed to take the first step (the name change) but have failed miserably in their "2nd important step". it's a shame really cause they have already disappointed fans and this would tarnish their image, reputation and credibility in the long run.

my guess is that they arent planning to announce the new logo anytime in the near future and so changed the wording on the old logo to use that instead. hoping the public would forget about it, if they stalled it long enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    how long should we wait before we are confident that they will not choose a new logo? i am itching to see what other BC members' logo are like. but we should not risk it IF bwf are indeed going to choose a new logo. well i guess more waiting game for us then......
    Quote Originally Posted by bdmnt0n
    this is really disappointing. their professionalism is appalling.
    ..i think we should just go ahead with this, since there haven't been any words and/or announcement from BWF or their partners. The thing is, even if they're not satisfied with whatever images that have been given by us, at least they could've go out and make some brief statements about their decision; I'm sure we all can take it. But til now, no words, just mum....and bam, all of a sudden the "new logo" is there..
    If they come to us and get upset beacuse we have shared our pics, well, we just turn around and ask them back the same question and put them on the spot..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-29-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but if they really want to pick a winner, than all the people here who shared their logo will be disqualified. i think i will go ahead and write to the local paper and see if there will be an investigation on this matter. hang tight mateys...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm..so how long..

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh View Post
    yeah, but if they really want to pick a winner, than all the people here who shared their logo will be disqualified. i think i will go ahead and write to the local paper and see if there will be an investigation on this matter. hang tight mateys...
    ..do you plan to wait before revealing your proposed design(s)??..I don't know if anyone has a copy of their contest infos/details, in case..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-30-2007 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i already wrote to a local newspaper this morning. we'll see if there's any news on that. they might simply ignore me. i hope they wouldn't though. this is after all an international federation and as such should act like it. cowering in a hole and hoping people will forget will never work. i did not keep any contest details. unfortunately. maybe others have it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast