Country code on Singapore yonex rackets?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by _MyST_Spring, Nov 6, 2006.

1. _MyST_Spring

_MyST_Spring Regular Member

I suppose the country code on the cone of singapore yonex rackets should be SP?
    Today I just saw my friends AT800DE, he bought from Sportslink. But the last 2 digits is HK..

2. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Not a surprise at all.

The SP/IP/HK coded rackets are distributed by the same distributor, Sunrise, so although technically SP coded rackets are meant for Singapore, it is not illegal if they throw in the HK and IP rackets in the markets where demand are higher.

Similarly, when I used to live in HK, I find more SP and IP rackets (for certain models) than HK code.

What you would not likely to see in Singapore shops are the TH coded rackets, because TH coded rackets is controlled by a different distributor for Thailand market only. If you do see one, the chance is the shop owner might have brought in these rackets themselves in bulk, but you need to be careful to check the physical attributes to make sure you dont get the fake ones.

Having said that, I have yet to see any sport shops in Singapore openly sell any fake Yonex rackets!

3. _MyST_Spring

_MyST_Spring Regular Member

oh, I see.
    Thanks. :)