Changes to Team Indonesia

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by badMania, Nov 7, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Slight modification to the previously announced list. Now, only 16 players are going. No Flandy Limpele and Nathalia Poluakan :cool: Reason given: the quota is only for 16 players for BOTH the team and individual events. So, the 2 players above will be replaced by those playing in the team event. The changes are in bold.

MS: Taufik Hidayat, Simon Santoso, Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    MD: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto
    WS: Fransisca Ratnasari, Adrianti Firdasari, Pia Zebadiah
    WD: Jo Novita/Greysia Polii, Vita Marissa/Lita Nurlita
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir, Alvent Yulianto/Vita Marissa :cool:

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think they should be sending Tommy Sugiarto in the MS and get him some valuable exposure. I also wonder if this will be the last time we see Alven/Luluk together. Time to blood in some of the younger MD pairs too.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hendra/Joko (and perhaps Yoga/Yonathan) should be playing in the Super Series next year. The other younger pairs like Frans/Rendra and Bona/Aksan will be involved in the Satellites and lower-ranked tourneys.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Tommy is too young for a big event like the Thomas Cup or Asian Games. However, he should be playing in the SEA Games 2007.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Despite the imbalance of this team, they could well win the team event. If Taufik, Markis/Hendra and Nova/Butet win all their matches, then it'll be at least 3-2 to INA every time... that's a big if. I'm sorry to say I can't see their WS and WD making any contributions here. Against CHN, it's like giving them an automatic 2-0 lead. Even the MAS women are superior.

6. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

They don't send the youngster because it's related with Garuda Emas KONI progam, they're giving some money to the sport that had chance to win the gold included badminton.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...it's not a mixed team event. It's exactly like Thomas and Uber Cup with BOTH men and women's team events (2 golds at stake). The individual events will have 5 golds, for a total of 7 golds.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

My mistake, he he.:p In that case, I don't fancy their chances at all.

9. indra

indra Regular Member

MS: Taufik Hidayat [GOLD], Simon Santoso [BRONZE], Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    MD: Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [GOLD], Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto [BRONZE]
    WS: Fransisca Ratnasari, Adrianti Firdasari, Pia Zebadiah [NO MEDAL in THIS SECTOR]
    WD: Jo Novita/Greysia Polii [BRONZE], Vita Marissa/Lita Nurlita
    XD: Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir [GOLD], Alvent Yulianto/Vita Marissa

PLUS MENS TEAM [GOLD]

SO in Doha Ina will grab 4 golds, 0 silver, 3 bronzes :D from Badminton

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

4 Gold? Really impressed of your optimism even PBSI 'only' targeting 2 Gold from this one of KONI gold-projecting sport.

The new combination in WD and XD, it seems PBSI use try & error method to fulfill DAGOC quota amid confusion to find best formation. PBSI defends Vita stay in squad probably because consideration she's multifunction/flexible shuttler to partner with any player but never see Alvent plays mixed so far. Any info about others fixed bdm team (MAS & KOR) to compete in Doha?

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In fact, the target set by KONI is ONLY 4 GOLDS for ALL THE SPORTS! This includes 1 from Badminton, 1 from Karate, 1 from Cycling and 1 maybe from Bowling.

Indra is ALWAYS so optimistic, in case you have not realised it :cool:

Realistically, 1 GOLD is good enough (from Nova/Butet). The others will depend on the draw and form on the day!

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, let's wait for the draws first. That will definitely determine everyone's chances. Nova/Butet and Markis/Hendra probably have the best chance to take home gold for INA.

Men's team event is probably closer than what people might expect. Their doubles is not that reliable, not even Cai/Fu. Essentially, they have to rely on their singles to pull them through. (I'm talking against the other big guns here–MAS, INA, KOR)

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Too risky.

Even more experienced Sonny and Simon have not play in Asian Games event. But again PBSI made very strange decision by sending Pia Zubaidah into Asian Games.

As thrid WS in team events, she will be Indonesian weakest link.

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Not Pia Zebadiah (is she Markis's sister?) is pointless for INA bdm woman squad but almost all members are hopeless except Jo/Gress. On paper, CHN is fly-high to grab Gold, KOR/JPN to get Silver so the hunt for Bronze will be happen between HKG-TPE-MAS-THA-INA. Can we expect bronze from INA's Woman team? Waiting this miracle.

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

PIA Bernadet Zebadiah (not Zubaidah!) is indeed Markis Kido and Bona Septano's younger sister. It's tough to get a bronze...depends on the drawing I suppose. If we draw HKG, SIN or THA, INA has a chance to win the tie. However, it will be very tough against JPN, MAS and TPE.

16. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi Indra,

You are very optimistis. For me, I think 1 Gold and 1 Bronze is Possible...

I am very surprise for woman single that PBSI send PIA... Because Maria Christin better than Pia.

17. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

nova/butet and the indonesian MD have a great crack at winning the gold...
    so that's 2 golds... but china also has an automatic in WS and WD...lol you see, china doesn't have a problem in getting up 2-0...

The last ultimate game relies on taufik... if he wins, they MAY win by 3-2... but who knows, they might not get to 2-2 at all...:)

on another note, i thought chen hong was the taufik killer, but i heard the commentator that before the WC 2006, taufik was 7-1 against chen hong!?

also, before 2006, taufik has had a record of 7-3 or 7-4 against lin dan... and 3 straight loses (including walkouts lol) by taufik sends it to 7-7... momentum goes to LD... do you still remember that TH won the WC 2005? and now LD's got his ultimate revenge..

#17 bic33, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006