CARB 8 ti??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Puzzled, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Puzzled

Puzzled Guest

hello people... i recently tried carb 8 ti and i found it amazing... i currently use iso ti sp sr, and when i tried using carb8 ti, everything is just like "wham!" anybody got any explanation to this? carb 8 ti is supposed to be inferior to iso ti sp sr right!

and when i went to the shops, i saw 2 versions of carb8ti... both are white, but one has some blue colourings on the bottom portion of the shaft... and again, is there any meaning to it?

thanks ppl...

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

U mean silver right?

That Cab 8 Ti is a very good singles racket and i think it is not all that stiff.It is very evenly balanced.

I think it is highly overpriced here. It costs arnd 60USD.

But a good buy though if u are an ardent defensive singles player.

As to the blue thing it is new to me too.

3. Frustrated

Frustrated Guest

yeah... it's silver in colour. and i am not sure bout the price though...

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    They are 2 different racquets.
    One is called the Cab 8Ti, and the other one is the upscale Cab 8Ti - Power.
    However you'll find that the Cab 8 Ti, is more expensive, because it seems that it performs better.

5. Frustrated

Frustrated Guest

anybody know why?
    i mean it seem that it's not head heavy, the whole thing is i consider normal weight too...

nothing is fantastic, but strangely, it just bangs!

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Puzzled, the cab8 ti isnt inferior to your SP.
    all the ways that racquets perform is subjective. Whichever racquet suits you better, you will find that it IS better than any high end top model racquet.
    Its best to always go for what you can adapt to best instead of going for all the high end gimmicky stuff.

7. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Actually the Bang would come from the box frame.
    Is it a thin box frame???
    I'm just wondering, because if it is a thin box frame, it would explain the bang noise.
    Also if you had a relatively high string tension on your test subject.
    I've had similar loud bangs on the Ti10.
    For me it seems only the box shaped frames such as the Carbonex racquets, produce this sort of sound.
    It could be by design, and also you have fairly good shot technique. :)
    It's not always the racquet. Humans do a lot of things right while playing too. :)

8. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Shaun,

Couldn't agree more. Though I love the MP-100, and I use it as my primary racket, I find that for almost anyone, a cheap / mid-end model may not mean its not the best model for him/her.

The only reason I chose it over other rackets is that I've tried many, and it has the best balance of many characteristics for me. Its expensive I know, I would have chosen something cheaper if I could. Anyway, part of the reason I bought it was a 'spurt' of the moment craziness really. And the price I got for it was really very good. Not exactly a lot more ( about 25-30% difference) than the mid-end models like the Carb 20/ 21. Not the mention the Carb 8 Ti.

And also, some egging from Modious ... ;p

Puzzled, if you find that it suits you, stick to it till you think you can afford a change of flavours sometime down the road. Not too long ago, Ricky/ Rexy were using aluminium framed Carb 9s when they were the reining world champs as well as ..... ( lost count) champs ..... ,

And mind you, it is a pretty dated racket, yet they could beat anyone with it!

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Hey, did I heard my name being mentioned?? :p

10. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Yahh ... !!!

11. AF

AF Guest

Re: CARB 8 ti, Kelvin??

Yes, the Cab 8TI that I own, the silver one, is of the thin box frame design. Yes I do get a nice bang out of it when I hit.

So where are you right now Kelvin?

AF