Need help buying new racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Colin72, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

I am looking to buy a new racket, one that appealed to me the most is the Yonex Armortec 150.

I currently have a Canadian Tire Slazenger X-treme match racket, which was alright for starting out, although i've grown out of it, and it isn't worth replacing strings on a 25$ racket.

I consider myself a more defensive player, I make alot of clears, and smashes when I feel I have a good chance.

I've been playing for 2 years now, and just need a new racket.

If anyone knows anything about the Yonex Armortec 150, or has any other suggestions, I would much appreciate it!

2. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

3. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

4. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

5. alact

alact Regular Member

hard to find comment about at150, at250

6. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

Yeah, seems not many people have them?

7. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

Is there anyone else who has any recommendations?

8. manduki

manduki Regular Member

Student
    I haven;t tried them but like what I always say when it comes to low end Yonexes, it isn't worth the buy. I'm guessing AT 150 is like 100+ dollars. For that, you can get a better quality racket from another company.

Do more research and broaden your sight to include companies such as Winex, Babolat, Carleton, Forza, etc.

9. Colin72

Colin72 Regular Member

Big thanks for that Manduki! Do you have any suggestions of what rackets i should be searching for?

10. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

personally... the best option is to try out the racquet first before buying...
    but hard to find friends using the racquet that we want to try out...

so for me...usually i ask a more experienced player or sales rep from the shop... let them know my requirements...previous racquet which i find comfortable to use...and they will try to recommend the racquet closest to what i want...

and so far, not too bad... maybe i'm not too particular and i get used to the racquet instead as i use them...

colin, probably u can state out your budget first? and from there try to work out the best racquet which suits your budget...

11. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

i hav at250

been playing for a year using yonex nano8000 but i needed a backup racket so i bought a discounted at250. At250 is dramatically heavier than nano800. Its so stiff and head-heavy i would suggest to use a very repulsive string and decrease your usual string tension. The only great thing about it is that when i started using it my arm and forehand muscle developed more and when i switch back to nano8000 i noticed my smash are more powerful. So its a good training racquet... but not for tournaments. hope this help