Racket transition recommendation:AT 800 OF

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hybridragon, Nov 9, 2006.

1. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    I've been looking for a racket that might be a good transition to (say if my racket pops and I switch off to another racket to play), but I'm relunctant to buy another AT 800 OF because of money constraints. I've thought of Cab 30MS. I've also been wondering something about the Cab 30MS. I've been hearing conflicting information about the 30MS. Is the racket head heavy or head light? I currently feel the need for a good transition racket because I have a Ti 7 as a spare, but it's head lightness forces me to change my timing for my swings, which is, for some reason, hard for me to do.

However, I think there might be others that might do as well for a transition racket (maybe some brand other than Yonex as well). I generally prefer Head heavy and stiff to extra stiff rackets. I don't really care if it's 2U, 3U or 4U and I'd prefer if it was below $110 USD.

As for additional information about me that might be useful is that I used to play high school varsity level and now I'm playing at College level. I've used my AT800OF for about 3 years and I've been playing badminton for about 4 years now. Thanks again for any input any of you might have.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Cab30ms is more balanced, if not head heavy. Definitely not head light. Mine feels a bit head heavy, after I removed the original grip, and use 2 layers of overgrip instead.

However, switching between an ISO and an OVAL might be painful. It requires a fair amount time to adjust, and you don't want to happen during an intensive game or a tourny.

Maybe sell AT800OF (once you start to like cab30ms), add a bit more, and get 2 cab30ms instead? :rolleyes: Cab30ms is around US$100-120 range in US market.

3. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

Why not try MP 100. Mp 100 and at 800 has around the same stiffness. mp 100 is not as head heavy as at 800 and also easier to control. so after a long time swing ur at 800. a sudden change to mp 100 which is head light will increase ur swinging spd thus adds more power to your smash. Nanospd 9k is great but its to ex.