court reviews

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by woodshot, Nov 9, 2006.

1. woodshot

woodshot New Member

fellow pinoy players, i would like to suggest that we post here badminton courts where you suggest and recommend others to try. by experience, there are some courts where some of us have "unhappy" stories to tell in terms of: facilities and amenities. most importantly, please post also those badminton courts where you had bad experience from discourteous and arrogant staff and personnel so others may know.
    my family and friends have had bad experience from metro badminton court here in pioneer in mandaluyong city. there was one instance when, even if our game is on-going, the lights were turned off because our time has expired without even informing us first because in the first place, we can extend our time because game has not been concluded. the staff and personnel didn't even bother to courteously inform us first and ask whether we want to extend or not, they just turned off the lights. how inconsiderate don't you think?
    what's worst is that, since we used to play in groups usually composed of 12 players, we set schedule for our game and of course, some players got there first. our friends got tara courts, and unfortunately, when we came, no tara is available. so we settled for the cemented and my dad told us we can swap to our friends and play in tara instead of us playing in the cement. in other words, since we belong to the same group, it is but proper that we pay for the cemented but play in the tara. the staff however, did not agree with our arrangement and went to charge us for the tara instead of the cemented, even if our friends have paid for it already. the additional fee is minimal, but because we don't want to be shortchanged and charged extra, my dad went on to argue the incorrect charge against us. as simple as it should be, the staff of metro in pioneer even answered back discourteously and impolitely at my dad who's trying to explain his side. instead of admitting their mistake, the staff arrogantly went on to charge us extra. no apologies whatsover. in exact words: "simple lang ang pag compute," says my dad, it's as simple as "1 plus 1 equals 2." the personnel said "hindi sir, 3". this arrogance got the ire of my dad. we didn't play in metro ever since..bad experience, charge it to experience na lang....the manager was overheard by my dad as saying while he was passing over the counter: "akala mo sa mga yan sila na ang may-ari ng court, naglalalaro lang e parang sila na ang may-ari"..:( no wonder why bastos ang mga staff, bastos din pala ang may-ari..sayang, again, charge to experience!!!!
    funny, we now play at yonex center in shaw, and we get to know other players there who used to play at metro pioneer who happened to have thesame bad experience in metro pioneer...they didn't play there eversince either....

email me:ruel7402@yahoo for your feedbacks.thanks for reading

#1 woodshot, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  2. eravalo

eravalo Regular Member

I heard this court (metro badminton) is closing soon.

3. Syndrome_B

Syndrome_B Regular Member

IT
    Hmmm

I think the management of Metro Badminton should look into it and teach their staffs to be extra cautious with their dealings. If they want to keep their customers, they should value customer service. Though i havent encountered discourteous staff, i frequently hear my friends complaining about their service. Anyways, i played their MWF from 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM

4. chef_ira

chef_ira New Member

yeah, i also heard that metro will be closing in january or something.

for the court review...i played in valencia (in san juan) once and the only thing that is wrong in their court are their lights. for the regulars, maybe they're used to it but for visitors, it'll be hard for them to adjust. they dont have the usual lightings that courts have where in each court, there are 2 sets of side lights (or whatever you call them) per side. in their court, the lights are on the ceiling using, which i think, are halogen bulbs. so when you look up, it'll be harder for you to hit the shuttle 'cause of the bright lights.

5. Syndrome_B

Syndrome_B Regular Member

IT
    Metro? Closing that soon? on what grounds? Any formal announcement?

6. chef_ira

chef_ira New Member

i heard they're not earning as much as before. and since there are 4 owners of metro, each get little profit from it.

7. eisen howard

eisen howard Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Well for your information, Metro is still very much actively operating.:)

8. eisen howard

eisen howard Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    But they are still bastos as usual. Papatayan ka ng ilaw pag time mo na, without asking you before hand if you are going to extend or not.

Other courts like Club 650 in QC and Blue Rackets in Makati, West Drive in Pasig where i am also playing will inform you personally that your time is expiring soon. They are so polite. That's why I only play in Metro once a month. In Club 650 at least twice a month, West Drive is twice a month and Blue Rackets at least twice a week.

Kaya for the Metro Staffs, ang babastos ninyo!!!!!!!@#$%^&*()$#%#&*(&^%$$$%%^&:mad:

9. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Club Flick perfectly embodies "OHANA". Not as extravagant as Winner Badminton, Sta. Rosa (which I highly recommend), but it's cozy.

10. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer