MP77 has Ti mesh?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by joseph, Aug 12, 2001.

1. joseph

joseph Guest

i recall there was a slight debate on whether mp77 has ti mesh or not. personnally, i'm convinced that there is no hidden ti mesh in the mp77. but i stumbled on the badmintonwarehouse website, and realised their site claims that mp77 has ti mesh composite. i would assume this is a mistake on their part. i'm wondering what you guys think of this.

http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=687572%7C698311&PRID=766436

2. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    i believe it's only suppose to have Ultimum Ti or whatever.

3. tcy

tcy Guest

According to the Yonex web site the MP77 doesn't have the Ti mesh composite only the MP100 has the "TIM" symbol.

4. pa player

pa player Guest

Ti-7 = MP 77 ???

But the T1-7 does have the muscle power frame....and the colour scheme is also similar....does that mean ti-7 = mp77 ??? maybe just different names for marketing purposes.....

5. joseph

joseph Guest

Re: Ti-7 = MP 77 ???

i think ti-7 is only a partial muscle power frame, compared to MP series, which are full muscle power frames.

6. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student

On the site the made an error,instead of puting ultium ti the put Ti-mesh

7. joseph

joseph Guest

yeah, that makes sense... i was wondering why they didn't mention the ultimum ti.

8. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I was wondering about this as well. I saw the MP77 and i saw it had no Ti mesh in it. But it still said Ultimum Ti on the shaft......

9. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    MP-77 has no Ti Mesh, only the Ultimum Ti shft thingy ... And the frame size is slightly larger than the MP-100. Somewhat closer to that of the Ti-10. I took the 2 to compare.

10. joseph

joseph Guest

ultimum ti is not the same as ti mesh. ultimum ti is only on the shaft. the shaft is made of some sort of h. m. graphite and ultimum and ultimum ti composite, which is supposely to increase swing speed.

11. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!

ok heres the answers!
    first of all, the ti7 is nothing close to the mp77.
    i have owned both...the ti7 is head light, has a thin shaft and slim box frame...the mp77 has a regular shaft(by regular i mean the circumference not the length), a fat box frame and full mp all the way around. even the stiffness and head shape is different.
    the "titanium graphite composite" as stated by the website that you stumbled into is quite correct...the shaft is made of titanium graphite composite.
    the shaft contains ultimum ti, which obviously contains ti, and is mixed into the graphite, hence the "titanium graphite composite" description.
    there...done.