New Here

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by chris1985, Nov 11, 2006.

1. chris1985

chris1985 Regular Member

hey my name is chris im 21 years old ....i live in alberta, canada ..i just found this site today and found it very helpful ...i guess i will share a bit of my badminton background with you guys...

i have been playing badminton since i was 12 years old ....my best friend and i started out playing doubles together in grade 7 ....i'm 5'7 and play back and my friend 6'2 plays front..throughout junior high we never lost a single tournament we were entered in ...entering highschool we were together as doubles partners again...the first year we had a couple minor games/tournaments ..but no zones or provincals ..no major tournaments...( due to a teachers strike) ....entering our second year of highschool we competed is zone's and won easily , we went on to provincals.. we placed 4th overall in intermediate boys doubles ...we were very dissapointed in our finish ...we knew we could of won the tournament .....the next year we placed a respectful 3rd overall in senior boys doubles ...which again was a let down to both of us...throughout highschool we both shared badminton male player of the year..

thats just a bit of info about my badminton career...if you wanna call it that ...lol....

this site is full of information ...i just found out today that i have been holding my racket wrong since i started....lol....we never went into technique or trick shots or even a coach who taught us anything or any of that...our coaches were bums....lol... we just went on the court and played...

we are entered in a tournament on nov 25,26 it will be our first tournament since highschool....hopefully we do alright....im going to try and learn alot from this site to improve my game before the tourny

2. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    HEY ANOTHER E-TOWNER!!! YESS!
    Edmonton>Calgary.

Which club do you play at if any? It be cool to see you at some tournaments :)
    Welcome to the forums!

3. chris1985

chris1985 Regular Member

hey man..no im not park of any club ...i was looking into it...but i have no idea where can clubs are ??

4. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Alright! Welcome! Another member of the World Wide Family (THat is what it's called, right people? Confirmation? I have such a terrible memory)! ANyways, glad to get another player on, esp. one that played in high school.

Hey, well, without proper training and all that, I find it rather extraordinary that you could even get that high of a ranking! I only won 5/24 games last year, and I've had some lessons. Anyways, have fun on BC!

5. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student