What should I get?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by timalowa, Nov 11, 2006.

1. timalowa

timalowa Regular Member

I've been planning to get a new racquet soon, but i cant really decided from the ones i wanted to get... i currently use a yonex nanospeed 8000 (3U).
    I'm an offencive type player when it comes to singles nad all around when it comes to doubles. And also can i have some suggestions on the

these are the racquets ive wanted to get:
    Yonex Nanospeed 9000 type x
    Yonex Armourtech 700
    Yonex Armourtech 800 of
    Muscle Power 99/100

tnx for your suggestions

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

you have a nanospeed 8000...wich is headlight and extra stiff...
    and you ahve options open for almost évery racket yonex has ever made? (well,only the expensive ones I see..)

Well Okay, I'm gonna ask a few questions to help the 'real' experts recommend you a racket (since Im the first here I'll just ask away..)

-Do you have an option to try out any of these rackets?
    -have you ever handled one of those rackets? what did you think?

-What do/don't you like about your nanospeed 8000? Do you like how headlight it is? how fast on defense? do you like the extra stiff shaft?
    Do you like the "power"?
    -would you liek your new racket to be head-heavier, and probably hit harder, at the sacrifice of defense?
    -would you like your new racket stiffer or flexier?

-What is the reason you've "narrowed it down" to these rackets? what made other racket unsuited?

3. timalowa

timalowa Regular Member

well... now to answer those questions:
    ...first quiestion is a "idk"...

second question is yes i have tried only 4 racquets i have listed.
    1)the nanospeed 9k type x for was was quite good but i found that it was a tad slower then the nanospeed 8k, i could not tell if there was a difference in offenciveness or not, but i noticed the 9k was a bit slower in defence. the net play with this racquet was ok, and the fluke rim shots were obviously much better than the nano8k.
    2)The Armourtech 700 was quite good, but i kind of didnt like the stiffness, therefore i listed the amourtech 800 of because of its stiffness, i found that the at700 speed up my defence making it seem quiet useful in both areas of defence and offence. for the armourtech 700 net play was fine, but drops shots would tend to go a little farther then i would expect.
    3)MP 99/100... for the 99 i found that it was a very good racquet for me, but it took me a while to get used to the even balance of the head to shaft, it has a good amount of power and did propel my smash quite faster, i also tried the 100 it seemed a little more stronger and shock absorbing was very good... for both these racquets i liked the stiffness quite a bit. the net play of these racquets were moderatly good.

for my nano 8k i liked that it was quite powerful, but i found that when it came to net play it wasnt so great. and the headlight part of the racquet seems to give me more control of the racquet. and i am quiet fast on defence i seem to get atleast 50% push shots comming to my side of the court. and the extra stiffness of the shaft gives me more offence, yes also when it comes to flexable racquets i tend to miss my smashes... yet the stiffer racquets i dont miss as often. the power of this racquet powers my hits quite a high amount, but i was thinking of looking for more speed in my hits then power.

I dont find a problem much with head-heavy racquets, i might just take me a bit of time to get used to the head-heavy type racquets, but i know ill eventually get used to it.
    idk if i want to hit hard, but to hit a bit faster, because my smashes seems to only have power in them but arent fast.
    I would increase these a bit more, because i was originally a defencive player at first, but i started to like offencive play, so i think losing a bit of defence wont hurt.

Reason why i've narrowed it down to these 5, ive tried other racquets and did not like them, and notice a common thing in them..
    ill list the racquets ive used:
    Muscle power: 66, 88 (yonex)
    Armour tech: 300 150 (yonex)
    nanospeed: 6000, 7000, 9000 type s (yonex)
    asia armour: (40 000 or 10 000 i belive) (forze)
    photon (black knight)
    Carbonex : 30-ms, 8200 (yonex)
    Ti: 10 (yonex)
    the main common thing is that their flexability isnt very stiff but very flexable. some of the racquets were because they were just to heavy, im not sure where though.
    Also people have recommeneded these racquets to me, and i also had to narrow it down to these once, mainly of their stiffness.

#3 timalowa, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well, you've tried the ns9XZ and the at700...I suggest you just take your pick..

because honestly I can't make any sense of what you're saying. I guess you ahve a lot mroe weightclasses open to you...I would've bet my wallet the at700 doesn't defend well..But then around here we only have the 3U...

Try and look fi you can find an at800 def of off...both are great rackets from what I hear/see at my club ( 2 out of 4 pro's sponsored by yonex at my club play with the at800def...the other with an at700, and at500, and many many club regulars play with the at8def )

5. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    you should get none of those rackets and get some practice