Who owns a CP version racquet?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sony, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Sony

Sony Guest

I own a MP100 CP version. I purchased it at Luxis when I went back to HK. Mr.Ng was very helpful and friendly. :)

2. ari

ari Guest

how much did u pay for it?

---------------------------------------------------------------
    any chinese players use MP100?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Gong Ruina. she is the only one i know.

4. Sony

Sony Guest

Ari, I can say it is not cheap. Kwun knows the price is not cheap for any CP version Yonex racquets.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. indeed, they are not cheap. but i think the performance difference is worth it. i own 2 Iso900SS CN now. and i don't think i will ever use the normal version again.

btw, has anyone compared a Iso900SS CN with a TiSP SX (normal version, but SX instead of SS). i have used the TiSP SS and that is sub-par even compared to the Iso900SS SP. but as the Iso900SS CN is heavier, i am wondering if the TiSP SX SP is comparable to the Iso900SS CN.

6. Sony

Sony Guest

Are all CP version racquets heavier then normal SP, TW versions? Do they use more carbon graphite or materials to withstand the abuse and high tensions exterted by the China Team? Should the CP versions be the real deal instead of the SP, TW and other versions? I demo the MP100 SP and found it very much to my liking. Then I purchased the CP version of the MP100 and found it heavier overall. I came from a ISO800 so the heaviness factor doesn't affect me that much. I have just started to get adjusted to my MP100 after three months of use. Does take some time to get use to the longer racquet and timing.

7. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

!! how much are the MP100 CP? my moms in HK right now, she bought me a regular, but their waiting for the BG88Ti strings to be shipped in. Maybe i still have time for an upgrade or something?

8. Creative

Creative Guest

Luxis sells the MP100 CP for HK$1,600.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yup. HK$1,600. that's around the same price for a US version. and i think only Luxis sells these rackets. but i think the extra cost is worth the price.

10. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

how much more is that from the regular?

11. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I own the ISO 900 SX CN, ISO 900 SR CN, Ti-8 CN and Ti-10 CN - all of them are bought from Luxis. In fact, if I need to buy a Yonex racquet nowadays and know that there exist CN/CP version, I'll unlikely to buy the normal version.

CN/CP racquets are in general felt heavier (not necessarily really heavier, the difference may be due to slight difference in balance).

Regarding the supply of these racquets, Luxis is the only place I know which put out all these CN racquets for display and they should also have the most stock on hand.

Recently, there are some Boron-2 CN being circulated in the market, unfortunately I can't get one for myself even I'm willing to pay HK$2000 (Ng got two, but not for sales, at least at this moment).

12. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

arg! i want one now :( ill call my mom tonight :)

13. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my mom said she let my aunt take care of it (her children play badminton in China) and now she says she might not of got it from Luxis, as i previously requested...my CP Mp100 dreams have been shattered!

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    my guess is these rackets were destined for Sun Jun, but now that he retired, they have no where to go but into the black market...

15. ari

ari Guest

Sony, did mr Ng really sell to you at $1600?

Since All CN or CP rackets are 2U, Gong must be so strong to be able to use it , she was using iso900 SR....

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I feel sorry for you!

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

A boron-2. A definate prize. This was the racquet Zhao Jian Hua used in the latter part of his career.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Re: heavy

They definately have a more solid feeling. And more consistent as well. I have had other racquets of the same model which have slightly different balance/weight but I don't feel there is so much difference with the CN versions of the same model. In fact, very hardly any difference at all.

19. Sony

Sony Guest

Cheung, the MP100 CP is overall heavier. I thought to myself why the MP100 SP was so light when I demoed the SP version. When I picked up the CP version, it was heavier and more solid. Everything looks different except the CP versions are heavier. They proabably added more materials in the construction to withstand the higher tension and abuse from the world class players as I said previously in another post. I'll be buying CP versions from now on.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

One of my habits was to add some insulating tape to the head to make it heavier. With my CN racquets, I don't feel the need to do so.

Maybe I was always born to use the "CN" versions.
    :eek:)