Results 52 to 68 of 108
11-16-2006, 06:41 PM #52
Any latest results?
11-16-2006, 07:25 PM #53
results of 16/11/2006 (day)
latest results of 16/11/2006
Matches of 17/11/2006
11-16-2006, 07:36 PM #54
(16강)Kang Myeong-won 2 21:11
21:18 1 NGUYEN Quang Minh 8강
진출 Jeong Jeong-young TRAN Thanh-Hai (VIE) Yoo Yeon-seong 2 21:14
21:16 1 WIDIANTO Ricky (SIN) 8강
진출 Jeon Joon-beom TRIYACHAT Chayut Choi Ho-jin2 21:15
21:18 0 HUI Wai Ho (HKG) 8강
진출 Hong Ji-hoonALROY Tanama Putra WD
(16강)Bae Seung-hee 2 21:8
21:7 0 NGUYEN Thi Be Tram 8강
진출 Kang Joo-young TRAN Huynh nga (VIE) Kwun Hee-sook 2 21:18
21:13 0 WONG Sin Yee (HKG) 8강
진출 Kim Mi-joo MONG Kwan Yi Kim Jin-ok 2 21:9
21:5 0 PRUCKSAPAISARNSILP
Sitee (THA) 8강
진출 Lee Jeong-mi BURANAPRASEATSUK
Porntip WS(16강)Kang Joo-young 0 20:22
14:21 2 CHEN Jiayuan (SIN) 탈락 Bae Seung-hee 2 23:21
21:9 0 TAN Sin Lan (MAS) 8강
진출 Kwun Hee-sook 2 21:11
21:13 0 MUDUKASAN
Sutheaswari (MAS) 8강
(16강)Jeon Eu-ddeum 1 20:22
19:21 2 TAN Chun Seang (MAS) 탈락 Choi Ho-jin 2 21:11
21:6 1 SHASHIDHAR C M (IND) 8강
(16강)Yoo Yeon-seong 2 21:8
21:19 0 DREMIN Evgenij (RUS) 8강
진출 Lee Jeong-mi DIMOVA EvgeniaKang Myeong-won 2 21:11
25:23 0 LEUNG Chun Yiu (HKG) 8강
진출 Kang Joo-young NG Ka Shun Jeong Jeong-young 2 24:22
진출 Bae Seung-hee 김진옥
11-16-2006, 07:42 PM #55
Thanks! How did you get it???
11-16-2006, 08:02 PM #56
Sorry about the above. I was trying to post the results that I found for Korean players but quycoctu beat me to it with far more complete results. I was having trouble formatting, as you can see, and was too late to get rid of them altogether.
By the way, am I the only one who suspects that quycoctu is on site? On the FTP site for the tournament, the last update was done in the wee small hours of Thursday morning but quycoctu has them on a spreadsheet. Where else could those results come from?
Yoo Yeon Seong and Jeon Jun Bum should be tough to beat. At the Korea Open this year, they beat then-world-#6 Mohd Fairuzizuan MOHD TAZARI & LIN Woon Fui and then-world-#27 Albertus Susanto NJOTO and Yohan Hadikusumo WIRATAMA of Hong Kong. They did well as juniors in 2004 finishing second at the Asian Juniors and 3rd at the World Juniors and they are huge.
Last edited by event; 11-16-2006 at 08:06 PM.
11-16-2006, 09:26 PM #57Originally Posted by event
I think i'm gonna pm quycoctu now and ask him about how some of the matches went... from a 1stperson perspective!
11-16-2006, 09:46 PM #58
Men's Singles Quarter Finals
Their journey to the QF:
* Andrew Smith (ENG) #1 v Tan Chun Seang (MAS) # 5/8
* Nguyen Tien Minh (VIE) #3/4 v Choi Ho Jin (KOR)
* Nguyen Quang Minh (VIE) v Saman Ismail (MAS) #3/4
* Chong Li Qun (MAS) v Chan Yan Kit (HKG) #2
So 3 unseeded players booked a place at the expense of some seeded ones.
1. Andrew Smith (Bye R1) d Eric Go (USA) 21-10, 21-10; d Erwin Djohan (SIN) 21-17, 21-18. (Good to see Erwin extending Andrew and did not lose badly!)
2. Tan Chun Seang (Bye R1) d Chayut Triyachat (SIN) 21-9, 13-21, 21-8; d Jeon Eu Ddeum (KOR) 22-20, 14-21, 21-19.
3. Nguyen Tien Minh (Bye R1) d Kieu Quang Thuyet (VIE) 21-10, 21-5; d Wong Wai Hong (HKG) 21-14, 21-9.
4. Choi Ho Jin d Nguyen Anh Quoc (VIE) 21-16, 21-9; d Chong Wei Feng (MAS) 22-20, 22-20; d Shashidhar CM (IND) 21-11, 17-21, 21-6.
5. Nguyen Quang Minh d Aaron Tan (SIN) 21-11, 21-17; d Kaweenuntawong Santipab (THA) 21-14, 21-17; d Hsieh Yu-Hsing (TPE) #5/8, 15-21, 21-13, 21-13.
6. Saman Ismail (Bye R1) d Sin Hee Dong (KOR) 21-8, 22-20; d Daren Liew (MAS) 21-17, 21-16.
7. Chong Li Qun d Pham Quoc Huv (VIE) 21-11, 21-8; d Lunev Sergev (RUS) 21-12, 21-14; d Saensomboonsuk (who beat Asuncion Kennevic (PHI) #5/8, 21-16, 21-9) 23-21, 21-15.
8. Chan Yan Kit (Bye R1) d Duong Nguyen Nhan Hoa (VIE) 21-11, 21-12; d Beryno Wong (MAS) 18-21, 21-13, 26-24 (unlucky for Beryno!)
Specially for Yannie, the results of Malaysian Junior players:
1. Tan Chun Seang (won all matches as described above)
2. Pei Wei Chung #5/8 (Withdrawn, no reason available)
3. Chong Wei Feng d Pukhov Stanislav (RUS) 19-21, 21-13, 21-18; lost to Choi Ho Jin (KOR) 20-22, 20-22.
4. Daren Liew d Huynh Nguyen Khang (VIE) 21-19, 21-12; d Vilailak Pakkawat (THA) 21-19, 21-18 lost to Saman Ismail 17-21, 16-21.
5. Chong Li Qun (won all matches as described above)
6. Beryno Wong d Duong Bao Duc (VIE) 21-8, 21-10; d Kenn Lim 21-18, 17-21, 21-19: lost to Chan Yan Kit 21-18, 13-21, 24-26.
So Malaysia has 3 players in the QF, 2 from the juniors. Hosts Vietnam has 2 quarter finalists and the remaining slots of one each from England, South Korea and Hongkong.
But my vote goes to Saman to take the crown ultimately.
Last edited by Loh; 11-16-2006 at 09:52 PM.
11-16-2006, 09:57 PM #59
I will pick Nguyen Tien Minh or Andrew Smith. Minh should progress to challenge Andrew Smith in the semi-finals tomorrow. The winner will face either Chan Yan Kit or Saman Ismail in the final.
11-16-2006, 10:02 PM #60
Thank you Loh,
I was particularly interested on how exactly Beryno's match againts Lim Kenn went. It looks like it was a tight match all the way through with Beryno taking the win in the end.
sigh, really thought Chan Yan Kit would go down. He's a tough nut, I'll give him that.
11-16-2006, 10:40 PM #61
Women's Singles Quarter Finals
Surprisingly 3 pretty girls from Singapore made the QF. They are Fu Mingtian, lanky Chen Jiayuan and Gu Juan. And they are all unseeded. Hope they can proceed still further! There are only 32 entries.
Hongkong has 2, represented by Fung Ying and Ng Ka Shun #4, together with South Korea represented by Bae Seung Hee and Kwon Hee Sook who surprisingly defeated Mudukasan #2 of Malaysia.
Malaysia's lone survival is Anita Rai Kaur. Their No.1 seed, Wong Pei Xi was withdrawn from the tournament.
Their journey to the QF:
1. Fung Ying d Nguyen Thi Thuy Duong (VIE) 21-13, 21-17 and received walkover from Wong Pei Xi.
2. Fu Mingtian d Yeung Nga Ting (HKG) no results, d Buranapraseatsuk (THA) 21-18, 21-10
3. Chen Jiayuan d Wong Sin Ye (HKG/MAS ??) #3/4, 21-13, 21-18; d Kang Joo Young (KOR) 22-20, 21-14. (This is quite an achievement for Chen.)
4. Anita Rai Kauar d Pham Thi Trang (VIE) 21-15, 21-13; d Wong Miew Kheng (MAS) 20-22, 21-12, Rtd. (Anita must be the fitter of the two Malaysians, unless Wong suffered an injury.)
5. Bae Seung Hee d Melicia Kurniawan (INA) 21-12, 21-6; d Tan Sin Lan (MAS) 21-14, 21-13.
6. Ng Ka Shun #3/4, the remaining seed in the QF, d Daphne Ng Chew Yen 21-14, 21-18; d Dimova Evgenia (RUS) 21-14, 14-21, 21-14.
7. Gu Juan d Kim Mi Joo (KOR) 21-14, 21-18; d Prucksapaisarnislip (THA) 21-14, 8-21, 21-17. (Seems like Gu has the tendency to lose concentration!)
8. Kwon Hee Sook d Mong Kwan Y (HKG) 21-18, 17-21, 21-13; d Mudukasan (MAS) 21-11, 21-13.
We have to wait to see whether Ng of Hongkong will justify her seeding and capture the title.
Last edited by Loh; 11-16-2006 at 10:53 PM.
11-16-2006, 10:48 PM #62Originally Posted by jug8man
Chan Yan Kit has participated in many internationals and gained much exposure. So his experience really pays this time. But against other internationals like Andrew, Tien Minh and Saman, it won't be easy. But young Beryno has really shone in this tournament I guess, as he has performed relatively well.
11-16-2006, 11:15 PM #63
Now afternoon, I will update the lastest results today tonight.
if you're in HCMC, contact me:
P/s: Because my english too bad so i can't post more.Sorry.
Last edited by quycoctu; 11-16-2006 at 11:19 PM.
11-16-2006, 11:47 PM #64Originally Posted by quycoctu
Thanks a lot for efforts that you did and just keep on posting.
11-16-2006, 11:56 PM #65
why did CCM/HTH withdraw?
11-16-2006, 11:58 PM #66
Men's Doubles Quarter Final
Only 32 entries for the MD.
Quarter finalists (scheduled with WD to be played this Friday morning 0900 hrs Vietnam time, whilst MS, WS & XD are at 1830 hrs):
1. Hong Chieng Hun/Chew Choon Eng (MAS) #1 (Bye R1) d Duong Bao/Nguyen Quoc Thai (VIE) 21-9, 21-10.
2. Dremin Evgenij/Vasiljev Alexej (RUS) (Bye R1) d Khoo Kian Teck/Koh Yan Sen (SIN) 21-12, 21-10
3. Kang Myeong Won/Jung Jung Young (KOR) d Nguyen Van Son/Le Quang Thoai (VIE) 21-12, 21-10; d Nguyen Quang Minh/Tran Thanh-Hai (VIE) #3/4, 21- , 13.21, 21-18.
4. Chien Yu Hsun/Lin Yu Lang (TPE) d Do Nguyen Thien/Le Quang Khanh (VIE) 21-11, 23-21; d Lo Lok Ki/Leung Chun Yiu (HKG) 21-7, 21-12.
5 Tsai Jai Lin/Lu Feng Chieh (TPE) d Nguyen Hoang Hai/Nguyen Quang Phong (VIE) 21-20, 21-17 and received walkover from Chang Chong Ming/Hoon Thien How (MAS).
6. Yoo Yeon Seong/Jeon Jun Bum (KOR) #3/4, d Ricky Widianto/Triyachat Chayut 21-13, 17-21, 21-16.
7. Au Kok Leong/Azahar Azrihanif (MAS) (Bye R1) d Nguyen Huy Giang/Nguyen Duch Manh (VIE) 18-21, 21-13, 21-17.
8. Choi Ho Jin/Hong Ji Hoon (KOR) d Huynh Nguyen Khang/Van Tuan Kiet (VIE) 21-13, 16-21, 21-17; d Hui Wai Ho/
11-17-2006, 12:01 AM #67
Thanks quycoctu & Loh, for the updates.
Keep them coming.
11-17-2006, 12:13 AM #68
Does anyone here knows about Ricky Widianto? Is he the brother of Nova?
By andyna in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 2: 11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
By badMania in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 104: 09-06-2011, 03:57 AM
By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 6: 08-29-2011, 02:37 AM
By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 7: 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
By badMania in forum Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007Replies: 5: 11-03-2007, 10:39 PM