Results 69 to 85 of 108
11-17-2006, 12:44 AM #69
if you are in HCMC, please contact to me, i will send to you all information about Vietnam Open 2006.
Add:39Bis Mac Dinh Chi, Dakao Ward, Dist 1, HCMC.
11-17-2006, 12:51 AM #70
Women's Doubles Quarter Final
Only 13 pairs entered for this WD event with three byes. Pity that Indonesia and Japan did not send any players. Of course, if China were to participate too, it will probably win without too much resistance.
Singapore's Yao Lei/Fu Mingtian are seeded No.1 followed by Hongkongs's pair of Wong Man Ching/Koon Wai Chee, Louisa.
How did the quarter finalists reach there? It was a short trip and the two seeded pairs didn't even have to lift a finger! And the rest played only one match.
1. Yao Lei/Fu Mingtiang (SIN) received a bye in R1.
2. Bae Seung Hee/Kang Joo Young (KOR) d Nguyen Thi Be Tram/Ttran Huynh Nga (VIE) 21-8, 21-7.
3. Ng Ka Shun/Lam Sin Ying (HKG) received a bye in R1.
4. Chong Sook Chin/Anita Raj Kaur (MAS) d Pham Thi Trang/Vu Thi Trang (VIE) 21-16, 21-17.
5. Le Thi Thanh Thuy/Thai Thi Hong Gam (VIE) received a walkover from Fung Ying/Yueng Nga Ting (HKG).
6. Kwon Hee Sook/Kim Mi Joo (KOR) d Wong Sin Yee/Mong Kwan Yi (HKG) 21-18, 21-13.
7. Kim Jin Ock/Lee Jung Mi (KOR) d Prucksapaisarnsilp Sitee/ Buranaprasea Tsuk Porntip (THA) 21-9, 21-5.
8. Wong Man Ching/Koon Wai Chee Louisa (HKG) received a bye in R1.
With 3 Korean pairs in the QF, it will be tough going for the rest. If the Singaporean pair of Yao and Fu manages to dislodge, the Korean pair of Bae and Kang, they may have a chance to win the title. Good Luck girls!
11-17-2006, 12:53 AM #71
11-17-2006, 01:32 AM #72
Mixed Doubles Quarter Final
32 entries but 13 byes! Almost every pair got a bye except for 3 unlucky pairs, the worst of which were the two Hongkong pairs which had to play against each other in Round 1!
I guess more needs to be done to attract more players to come to Vietnam for its Badminton Open. Raising the prize money is one way. The date may not exactly be suitable as the better players are preparing hard for the Doha Asian Games 2007, come December.
In the absence of higher ranked partnerships, siblings Kennevic & Kennie Asuncion (PHI) are seeded no.1, while Chew Choon Eng/ Chor Hooi Yee are at no.2. However the latter pair have given a walkover despite receiving a bye.
Route to the QF:
1. Kennevic Asuncion/Kennie Ascuncion d Wong Wai Hong/Wong Sin Yee (HKG) 21-12 (?), 19-21, 21-16.
2. Nguyen Hoang Hai/Pham Thi Trang d Lo Lok Ki/Mong Kwan Yi (HKG) 21-16, 21-15.
3. Hung Yuk Wong/Lam Sin Ying (HKG) d Hui Wai Ho/Wong Man Ching (HKG) 17-21, 21-15, 21-15.
4. Yoo Yeon Seong/Lee Jung Mi (KOR) d Le Quang Thoai/Tran Huynh Nga (VIE) 21-10, 21-14; d Dremin Evgenij/Dimova Evgenia (RUS) 21-8, 21-19.
5. Kang Myeong Won/Kang Joo Young (KOR) d Ly Buu Son/Le Thi Thanh Thuy (VIE) 16-21, 21-10, 21-18.
6. Pham Ngoc Thiet/Do Thi Mai Quyen (VIE) d Chew Choon Eng/Chor Hooi Yew (MAS) on walkover.
7. Jeon Jun Bum/Kim Jin Ock (KOR) d Bae Seung Hee/Jung Jung Young (KOR) 24-22, 21-15.
8. Koon Wai Chee Louisa/Alroy Tanama Putra (HKG) #2 versus Ricky Widianto/Yao Lei (SIN) - results not available.
With three pairs in and one still not decided, South Korea has the best chance of becoming champions!
11-17-2006, 01:35 AM #73
There's a national championship going on in Indonesia, so, all the main and second team players are involved in the mixed team event. This means no participations in the Indian Satellite and the Vietnam Open.
11-17-2006, 01:36 AM #74
thx a lot for the results! T-T u guys are the best!!!! hmmm... looks like there is only one malaysian representative in the men's doubles. heard that hoon thien how pulled out due to injury..
11-17-2006, 01:38 AM #75
Originally Posted by ehooh14
11-17-2006, 02:18 AM #76
Last edited by quycoctu; 11-17-2006 at 02:22 AM.
11-17-2006, 02:28 AM #77
11-17-2006, 02:39 AM #78
Do share more pictures on Vietnam Open if you have
Any Men Singles category?
11-17-2006, 02:41 AM #79
I take a lot of photograph but now T don't have time to post, I try. Please wait.
11-17-2006, 09:08 AM #80
thanks LOH !!!!!!! GO GO GO TAN CHUN SEANG AND CHONG LI QUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks quycoctu for the pics, and please post more!!! =)
11-17-2006, 10:25 AM #81
11-17-2006, 10:31 AM #82
Tonight, i am so happy because my friend has performed persuasively and won CHOI Ho Jin (KOR).
Congratulation to Nguyen Tien Minh.
11-17-2006, 10:43 PM #83
Good to see Tien Minh and Andrew Smith making it!!! Should be a very good Semi on the top side.
11-18-2006, 03:13 AM #84
Originally Posted by jug8man
11-18-2006, 03:40 AM #85
ok Yannie. I'm sad Chong LiQun lost to a guy like Chan Yan Kit. Shoould have been Beryno vs Chong LiQun But too bad. Beryno needs to keep his cool.
By andyna in forum Badminton Tournament Video SharingReplies: 2: 11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
By badMania in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 104: 09-06-2011, 03:57 AM
By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 6: 08-29-2011, 02:37 AM
By quycoctu in forum Russian / US / Canadian / Vietnam Open 2011Replies: 7: 08-26-2011, 07:50 PM
By badMania in forum Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007Replies: 5: 11-03-2007, 10:39 PM