User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto/Richmond Hill
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default String stretcher?

    Never occured to me until now to find out how to use the string stretcher... I got this from a Yonex stringing tool kit, it's simply a cylincal bar about 6 inches long, ~1" in diameter. Egnas calls this a string strecher. what is its purpose and how do you use this thing??

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You use it when you are tying knots. The best version is a crank with a handle like a fishing gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsunsun
    Never occured to me until now to find out how to use the string stretcher... I got this from a Yonex stringing tool kit, it's simply a cylincal bar about 6 inches long, ~1" in diameter. Egnas calls this a string strecher. what is its purpose and how do you use this thing??

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto/Richmond Hill
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oooh... so instead of using your hands to tighten the knots, you use the string stretcher to pull on the strings? since the string digs into your flesh and hurts if you pull too hard.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, and screw up your finger joints too. So, tie a single half-hitch knot and pull in the direction parallel to the main or cross string you are trying to make a knot. Then reverse direction and tighten. Do this a few times without breaking the single half-hitch knot. Finally, completely tighten the single half-hitch knot. Finish it off with a pro knot.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsunsun
    oooh... so instead of using your hands to tighten the knots, you use the string stretcher to pull on the strings? since the string digs into your flesh and hurts if you pull too hard.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Toronto/Richmond Hill
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cool! thanks Pete, no more using my sleeves as protection!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    No problem. A Fishing Gear crank can be tried out too.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsunsun
    cool! thanks Pete, no more using my sleeves as protection!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You minimize tension loss at the knot by using this device.

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 725
    : 10-24-2014, 06:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    : 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    : 10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    : 07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
  5. soft feel on impact for hard hitters - racquest or string or string tension
    By bz123 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 12-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •