Hello: Good Luck to everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by myself., Nov 15, 2006.

1. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    Hello,
    I'm new here. I don't play well so I enjoy watching people play more than playing badminton myself.

2. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Welcome "myself."

Welcome to BC/BF.

You can pick up many pointers about the game in this forum. Eventually, I am sure you will enjoy yourself playing badminton as much as watching it. Have fun!!

3. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Welcome!

Where do you usually play in HK? I used to play at Quarry Bay and Hong Kong East Sports Hall when I was in HK.

4. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Well, I suppose if you ever get interested, you'll be able to play well too. Most spectators are players, I found, in badminton. It's great to get out there and get moving. Anyways, I love myself. :p

5. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    dear hiroisuke, Linus, johnps

my sincere thanks for your hospitality...you guys/gals are very encouraging to me...i wish you gals/guys super good luck in doing everything in your life!

i have played in CUHK gym and a private club at Quarry Bay...now i'm very busy at doing my term papers(i have to write about 40,000 words!!!!) and internship

6. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Dang. Busy guy. How about you write something that concerns badminton?

7. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    LOL:D

you are so creative...you must be very clever!!! however, i myself thought it would be very hard to write a badminton term paper as there are only so little "material" around!

i study counseling and theology and i need to write a thesis next term...any topics that you would suggest...like "badminton theology" or "badminton counseling"!!!

thanks

8. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Uh...what's theology again? Also, as for counseling, how about advising people to play badminton!:D

It's:

1) Good to release tension
    2) Great for the body
    3) Very relaxing (unless you meet up with ppl like Sir Dinkalot, PeteLSD, etc.), with all of its quirks, possible trick shots, and friendly people.
    4) For couples counseling, use sports to bond them together?

Just some random thoughts.:p

9. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    Hi hiroisuke,
    LOL...those topics sound good...i'll save them for my future use...i'm also studying and practicing Alternative Medicine by myself but I have never taken any formal class...well, i'm thinking very seriously about getting a degree in it

theology is the study of God's thingy(ie Christian)...well, traditionally theology is not quite come to term with counseling(or psychology)...i'm trying to integrate both and practice counseling in a Christian enviroment

Sir Dinkalot, PeterLSD!?!? never ever heard/seen them in any badminton tournments...are they players in the Canadian National events?

btw, it feels real good chating with you...you make me feel belonging to this forum although i just joined...thanks...you are such a nice guy...are you from Japan?

10. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Oh, right, Christianity. I keep forgetting that. I read about it before, then forgot.

Um...Sir Dinkalot and PeterLSD are really good players on the forums, you'll see them around a lot. They're not really professional, I think, but quite skilled nonetheless.

Oh yeah, lol, I'm not actually from Japan, just love its culture and language, so I chose a Japanese name. Well, hope you have fun on BC!

11. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    LOL

The students of Theology/Christianity are all senior citizens!!!!

I have found Sir Dinkalot and PeterLSD finally...wow, they are very senior members here!

I love Japan's culture very much...i like to watch Japanese cartoon, Ultraman, japan soap opera etc...i go to Japan almost every year for ski.

So what kind of stuff that you like that are related to Japan?

12. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Private club at Quarry Bay = are you refering to Kornhill Club at Grand Plaza? I've played there a number of times before. But it's pretty old and the ceiling a little too low!

13. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    Hi Linus,
    How are you?
    yeh, that's the private club that i was talking about. the ceiling is very low but since i've poor skill, it doesn't matter!!!

14. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    All senior citizens?! WOW! :eek:I would have thought that someone young might have been interested...

Yes, Sir Dinkalot & PeterLSD are very knowledgable in many aspects, as are Kwun (founder of the site, I believe), Gollum, & many others, & this great gathering of seniors makes this site so great, with their experience.

Yes, I love Japanese cartoons/manga (Prince of Tennis, Deathnote, Ouran High, etc.), the people (There are some kids at my school of Japanese birth or descent, they're all really smart & nice, awesome people, very hardworking), their countryside (amazingly beautiful! And they still have a lot of it, considering how small a country they are), their creativity (the Japanese seem to always be inventing something new) & the language is quite fun to learn!

Eh, I wish I could ski, I'm terrible with my balance. I tried snowboarding once, I kept falling over.

15. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    the average age of those students are around 40!!! the school wants those who are more mature...hehehe

Deathnote is one of my favorate...but i only watch the film a few times...it's cool...i watched a whole lot of Japanese tv...i love the Japanese thingies so much that i tried to learn the language but in vain(despite i spent lot of money learning one on one:crying: may be i myself am too old for language).

skiing is really difficult to myself...i've spent 4 years(each years a few days) learning with coach and finally able to ski...the younger one starts, the faster one can manage...so i think you can learning it quickly

16. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    40?! Faints. Wow.

I've never actually watched the film, but rather only the manga/comics. No, language can be learned, it only takes willpower. But yes, I love Japanese TV, quite quaint sometimes.

Indeed. Skiing can be hard. I dunno, I'm no good with balance or heights (luckily, not to much demand for either in badminton, just some balance). It's good that you can ski, great exercise!

17. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    hehehe, my son is 14 now! since the average age is 40 some classmates are 30s and some 50s!

manga and comics are my favorate for long time...but at my age, it's a bit strange if someone sees me reading...btw, the main female character(Kira 2) in film of Deathnotes 2 is very cute.

the best japanese tv series that i've seen is "long vacation" with excellent cast and plot.

18. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Wow, I'm about your son's age. LOL, perhaps, it might be strange, but all depends. It's personal preference. Her? Eh, sorta. Kinda odd sometimes though. Kinda gets in the way of Kira. I'll try to see "long vacation" somtime, thanks for the suggestion.

19. Saphira

Saphira Regular Member

student
    on the subject of all things wonderful Japanese (hey myself), what about amazing japanese movies by Akira Kurosawa? they surely deserve a mention and the weird tv series monkey.

20. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Wait. You're Japanese? さふいら? What weird TV series monkey?