Ti SP vs. Iso900 SP

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by john, Aug 16, 2001.

1. john

john Guest

Hi badminton wise men! now i'm considering getting either a ti sp or a iso900. can someone tell me if ti sp is truly better then iso900? in terms of power, control, size of sweetspot, how do they compare? is it worth it to spend an extra 50$ to get ti sp? personnally, i feel ti sp is over-priced here in toronto, which is why i'm a bit hesitant at buying it, and is considering iso900 instead. thanx for your replies.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Ti SP is definitely over-priced, even in HK (more expensive than Ti-10). I can't say which one is better, it really depends on your play style and preference. All I can say is : the differences are quite apparent. You can check my review on Ti SP SX for comparison between these two racquets.

3. john

john Guest

thanx ricky! haha! i was just looking at your review about the 2 racquets. partly why i brought up this question was cuz i saw you review, and realised that you rated iso900 sx with 'explosive' power, and only 'very good' power for ti sp sx. you would rank iso900 as similar power compared to ti10? also, ti10 2u to be more maneuveable than iso900 sx. which of these two racquets(iso900 and ti10) do you think you can generate a faster swing speed?

4. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    personally speaking, as an owner of ISO TI SP SR, i think all this swing power technology is just a bluff... i find no difference in my swing.. but one precaution, you better trust what they say about their rackets eg SX- smasher, etc

before i bought this racket i also had the same problem with you, but what the general ppl said is that the 900 series is basically more stiff and head heavy compared to the titanium version... so it will all boil down to your personal preference and style of play

one more thing, ISO TI SP looks much better than 900...
    900 looks like a kiddy racket! hahah =)

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I personally think that the Ti Sp is lighter an not that head heavy.

I love the Iso 900 way more than the Ti sp.

I ma thinking of buying an Iso 900 SX as i already have an Sr.

I think the SR feels the same or slightly more stiffer then my Ti SP SS.

I dunno why but i think u should buy the better of the Two which is the ISo900.

I ma very sure the Old school of thought which believes in the Graphite story will def vouch fo rme.

Best of luck mate and have fun with your racket.

6. Budi

Budi Guest

Contrary to |r|s, I can really feel the 'swing power' of this racquet.
    I can really feel the difference when I compare it with other racquets, it is very obvious.

7. john

john Guest

hi yogesh! you don't think iso900 sr is heavier than ti sp sr? how stiff is the iso900 sr? is it's stiffness rating the same as ti sp? cuz iso500 stiffness ratings are actually lower than ti sp. eg. sa in ti sp is sr in iso500. how powerful is iso900(compared to some other racquets you've tried)? what about control, and size of sweetspot? and what are the advantages of the swing power technolgy?

hey! thanx for suggesting iso900 is better! that makes me feel better! even if people say ti sp is better, i still might not buy it cuz it's too expensive.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    For the same model, e.g. ISO 900 SX vs Ti SP SX, I found that ISO 900 is in general heavier and stiffer. This is especially true between my ISO 900 SX CN vs Ti SP SX TW. This explains why ISO 900 SX is more powerful than Ti SP SX in my opinion - but you need to swing it fast enough in order to generate the extra power. Personally, I found that ISO 900 SX is not suitable to me - it is really too stiff and head heavy, and this is probably because my arm is not strong enough.

Ti 10 2U vs Ti SP SX ... I'll say Ti SP SX has better maneuvability.

ISO 900 SX vs TI-10 2U ... I can generate a fast swing speed with Ti-10 2U.

Hope this help.

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I have a Ti Sp SS and Iso 900 SR.

I think the Sr is def way stiffer and head heavier.I dunno why but my Sr is also G5 and the SS is G4. probably it could be because of that too.

I prefer G5 when it comes to Light rackets as the balance is more towards the head if u have a smaller grip size.

I think Ur iso 900 is def a better choice over the Ti thing. I think ti is a better refinement of a monster.I think they are trying to domesticate a wild creature.

I would put my money on an Iso 900 over the Ti Sp.

As to the Size of the sweet spot i think it as big as the Ti 10's and Mp100's.
    I think The swing power def performs but it also depends on teh technique and stuff like that.

Overall according to me the ISo 900 is a very good piece of equipment that yonex has come out with.

So be very happy that u have purchased a good toy and have fun wit it!

Hope this helps!

10. aaron

aaron Guest

i also have a Ti SR and i like it a lot. I think it is very well balance than the iso SR ( it might be lighter than the iso 900)