racket stiffness

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by The queen, Nov 17, 2006.

1. The queen

The queen New Member

Hi!
    I have a small problem. I want to buy a new racket bec all my rackets r sucks. Im wondering if Nano speed 9000 is the best or not? Bec i heared that ns 6000 is better bec it is more flex!! what about mp 99? what should i buy? and what is the normal price for ns 9000?
    Best regardes

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Hi Queen, and welcome to the forums!

Choosing a racket is rather hard, especially if you've never really read much about it, or tried some rackets out. If you are a beginner a flexier racket is suggestable, but other than that we can't help you much...

and just to add, with badmintonrackets there's no such thing as "better"..just 'different' :)p:D or "special")

3. The queen

The queen New Member

i have actuelly read alot, but i didnt understand!! i have always got my rackets and never bought them, and that is why i dont understand so much in them. any way, can u answer me what do they mean when they say stiff ? is it when the string is so tight and when the smatch is very hard ? or it is more like when u can do better net play? and why i dont see a big different in the weight of the racket!! By the way where do u play ? have u been in a badminton school a broad?

4. K-MusclePower

K-MusclePower Regular Member

having a stiff racquet is not reccommended if ur not ready for it. it will take 2 much strength trying 2 flex the shaft and could end up damage ur wrist. same with strings, too high tension could also result in injuries. a novice to intermediate player should be using a flexable racquet until they are ready

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

having tighter strings have a higher potential of smashing power, but only if you can flex the stringbed which would require direct sweetspot hits, you need to be very advanced to do this every shot, so no tighter strings does not make you smash harder unless your pro. if you just started, start at the lower end, high end racquets are harder to use if you have just started.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You might want to start with a racket which is moderate flex. An MP88 would be a racket to try to see if you want a racket that is more flexable or stiffer.

7. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer

Hallo Queen!

The best price for NS 9000 among other internet shops or regular sport shops in Basel (Switzerland) is around 149 Euro.
    There are 2 different rackets (NS 9000 S and NS 9000 X)
    S= Stiff
    X= Extra Stiff

You can surf below site:
    http://www.racketshop.ch

Regards,
    Antok ;)