Racket Recommendation (with specifics)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jan87, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jan87

jan87 New Member

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a new racket. I have played badminton for 3 years now and I am starting again because i had to take a break. My goal is definitely to play in leagues, because otherwise the game just isn't fun enough for me. I like to smash things up, but i also like net play. I am willing to spend alot of money. Now for the grip: I sweat alot, and i don't like it if its too sticky or something, i think i can smash better with overgrip (or so i think).
    So i guess that i need an allrounder, because i like both smash and netplay. I took a look at the new Yonex MP 99 and the Nanospeed 9000 from Yonex, but I'm unsure.
    Maybe you could help me out a bit here :D

/edit I am more an arm player than wrist (because i played tennis before), and i like solo's more than doubles plus i have big hands (if that helps for the grip), 2m tall

#1 jan87, Nov 17, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    i would recommend that you look at Armortec 700 or the 800 offence.For me this 2 racquets are ideal for singles player.Its heavy head balance good for smashing and average control.

I have big hand too, very long fingers and just use a normal over grip.So i normally just use Yonex Super grip.No too sticky but tacky enough for me to grip it.It does handle the sweat pretty well too.I would recommend that you have a look.

There are other raquets in the market. so i suggest you have a good look at the others before you buy.PLus always get something you are comfortable with and also something that you can work best with.

3. jan87

jan87 New Member

Are there rackets with good control for netplay and good smashing which are also suitable for doubles sometimes but mainly for singles?

#3 jan87, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  4. Tianjin

Tianjin Regular Member

Student
    What comes into my mind is NS9000. It can be used in both singles and doubles. Considered headlight and good smash. If money is not an issue, it could be a nice consideration.

5. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    I second the recommandation for the AT700. If you have the power to handle the racket then it's really good. The AT800OF is a lighter more all around racket then the at700. I personally disliked the NS8000, but can't comment on the ns9k. For me, I am still in love with my woven-8, especially for singles because it is an even balance with a good balance of both worlds.

6. jan87

jan87 New Member

Are there any trustworthy online shops (no fakes or other versions) which ship to europe (germany) ?

7. alact

alact Regular Member

8. jan87

jan87 New Member

the shop is supposed to have asics shoes (size 15 :p) and the yonex armotec 800..

i know a german shop but i dont really think it's trustworthy...

9. jsunsun

jsunsun Regular Member

I'd suggest a AT500. For an arm player, i think head heavy and flexible racquets are ideal. Though AT500 is pretty stiff... but yonex doesn't seem to make many head heavy AND flexible racquets.

I probably would not recommend AT800OF, as it's much stiffer than AT500 and AT700