Gambling on Badminton

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ravanelli, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ravanelli

ravanelli Regular Member

Dear Badminton fans and gamblers.
    I have just seen that Bwin is offering prices on the Danish badminton league, who has some of the best Badminton players in the different teams. Along all the danish stars some of the asian player as Muhammed Roslin, Lee Tsung Seng, Li Wenyan, and English players like Donna Kellogg, Gail Emms and Nathan Robertson also plays in the different team. So check it out.
    Link 2 standing and pre-results on:
    http://www.badminton.dk/Badmintonligaen/Program%20og%20Resultater.aspx
    Stilling=standing
    pre-results=tidligere resultater.
    www.bwin.com

B

2. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    i dont think we should do gambling on badminton, honestly. sorry if i've offended anyone. but we like the sport, so why not just play it and discuss about it? i dont think gambling on it is something a badminton fan will do. Sorry again. this is just my personal opinion. :)

3. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

I don't like gambling on badminton too. What's the need to risk your money and maybe even...life?

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think all attention to the game of badminton is good. If people start gambling on it it will probably generate more money and more interest of the game and the pros results (ie more press-coverage etc)..

Gambling may also make non players more interested in following the game etc..

I am not myself a gambler, but its a personal choice, and what badminton NEED's is more money involved in the sport. (if we want to see more of it on TV and get more "newbies" into the game)..

/Twobeer

5. esther

esther Regular Member

badminton is my most favourite sport, I don't like people start gamling on it also.:(

6. ravanelli

ravanelli Regular Member

Gambling is very importent 4 Badminton. If the sport should ever have a chance of becoming as big as Tennis, other people then the hardcore badminton fans needs 2 show interest in Badminton. And that´s why it´s very good that more and more bookmakers show interest in the sport.

7. Arief

Arief Regular Member

and the money generated will attract investors and sponsors.. which will benefit the sports itself. just like soccer.

i think in modern days it's hard for a sports to grow and survive based only on interest and passion. money is the key factor now, and that incudes gambling