CCC Badminton: General Forum

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Nov 19, 2006.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Greetings, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]This thread is created because we want a General Thread for CCC Badminton for miscellaneous items which are relevant to all our CCC Sessions. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]We hope that this thread will make it more efficient for us, in terms of posting CCC News. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]In the past, when there were Common News, we have to post them in each of our 3 CCC threads. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Please post here only items that are relevant to all our CCC threads. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc

[/FONT]

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Our own Miss CCC Badminton 2006

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi players@ccc, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]A good badminton friend, Lesley French, wrote me this mail. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]====== start mail ====== [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Dear Chris,[/FONT]
    Hope you are not overworking the kids. Taking your mind off badminton for a little bit, I would like it very much if you took a little time and voted for my daughter who is a finalist in the V8 Supercar Supergirl Championships. She is in the top six and is now going for people’s choice, the address [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]www.v8supercar.com.au/v8supergirls/[/FONT]
    If you could get all your friends to vote and I know you have many, that would be even sweeter
    [/FONT]
    Her name is ALYCIA FRENCH, hope you like the photos.
    [/FONT]
    Regards,
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Lesley [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]====== end mail ====== [/FONT]

Some of you might remember Lesley, who came to play with us on the night we played our 1st Friendly Match against Highvale.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Anyway, Alycia is so beautiful that I have nominated her to be our own Miss CCC. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]So... players@ccc, if you could also vote for her in the above link (the V8 Supercar Supergirl Championships), it would be even sweeter. :):):) [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]CCC will invite Alycia to come and play with us one Friday night. Her badminton skill is not bad at all. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc [/FONT]

3. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

V8 beauties... I meant the cars.

Voted... No worries...;)

4. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Beauties

Voted ...can't let Badfever or Andrewg beats me to it.

Should Chris invite the A without the L to Friday CCC? Please vote yes or no??

YS

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Not Taiwan's Chien Yu Chin-Cheng Wen Hsing again @Doha 2006

Hi LilyC,

An article on the Asian Games Draw @Doha 2006 for Malaysia.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start article ======

November 18, 2006 19:30 PM

Malaysia Gets Favourable Draw For Asian Games, Doha 2006

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 18 (Bernama) -- Badminton chief coach Yap Kim Hock could not have wished for a better Asian Games draw after securing five favourable fixtures of the six events in the Doha Asian Games.

In the men's team event, Malaysia are virtually assured of a place in the semi-finals after being drawn in Group C with Hong Kong and Japan, while the women's team may face early hiccups in Group X with China and Indonesia.

In the men's singles event, Lee Chong Wei, by virtue of his world No. 2 ranking, will avoid bogeyman Lin Dan of China until the finals. Today's draw left the gold medal at stake in Malaysians' hands.

The only obstacle in Chong Wei's path for gold is China's Bao Chunlai or Indonesia's Taufik Hidayat as they are likely to be his semi-final opponents.

"I am happy with the overall draw. It was a good draw for Malaysia. In the men's singles, we have the chance to have two Malaysians in the semi-finals as (Muhamad) Hafiz Hashim also do not have strong opponents in the early draws.

"However, the men's doubles draw was not so favourable. They face a tough fight in early stages but they do have the chance to advance to the semi-finals," he said after the draw conducted by the Asian Badminton Confederation.

In the women's doubles event, they managed to avoid powerhouse China in the early stages.

The women's doubles pair Wong Pei Tty-Chin Ee Hui could secure a surprise semi-finals spot if they can overcome Taiwan's Chien Yu Chin-Cheng Wen Hsing.

In the women's singles event, Wong Mew Choo has an outside chance of reaching the semi-finals if she can upset third seed Wang Chen of Hong Kong.

"The path for the semi-finals are looking good for us in the five events including in the mixed-doubles.

"We are still sticking to our target of one gold medal in the Asian Games. There will be no changes to the target set by the Badminton Association of Malaysia," he added.

The badminton squad will leave for Doha on Nov 25 to acclimatise and test out the courts.

-- BERNAMA

====== end article ======

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Vietnam Open, November 2006

Greetings,

So little news about the Vietnam Open 2006 last week...... so I thought I'll post the 2 articles that I've found here.

Cheers... chris@ccc

====== start 1st article ======

England's badminton player wins Vietnam Open

England's Andrew Smith won the Vietnam Open after defeating Malaysian badminton player Saman Ismail 21-14, 12-21, 21-19 on Nov. 19 at Ho Chi Minh City's Phan Dinh Gymnasium.

The two rivals had previously put an end to the hopes of the two remaining Vietnamese players at the event on Nov. 18.

Smith beat Vietnamese national champion Nguyen Tien Minh, who was the third seed, 21-7, 21-16 in the semi-final, while Ismail overcame Nguyen Quang Ninh 21-15, 18-21, 21-15 in the quarter-final the day before.

The Viet Nam Open badminton tournament drew the participation of more than 120 contenders from 13 countries and territories. Viet Nam sent the highest number of players but took only one bronze.

Organisers promised the second edition of the event will be held with many more badminton stars and bigger prizes for the winners.

(Source: VNA)

====== end 1st article ======

and......

====== start 2nd article ======

Tien Minh finishes third at Vietnam Open
    [​IMG]

Vietnamese top player Nguyen Tien Minh finished third at the Vietnam Open badminton contest, which ended in Ho Chi Minh City on November 19, reported Ho Chi Minh City Sports newspaper. ​

Tien Minh failed to upset top seed Andrew Smith from the UK. Tien Minh failed to overcome pressure and lost 21-7 and 21-16. After the match, Smith said that Tien Minh was not on his top form and played much defensively. ​

Smith was eventual champion of the tournament after beating Saman Ismail from Malaysia in the final of men’s singles on November 19. ​

The Republic of Korea gained great triumph at the tournament as they won women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.

(Source: VietNamNet Bridge)

====== end 2nd article ======

#6 chris-ccc, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  7. andrewghw

andrewghw Regular Member

IT Manager
    Voted!! Haiyah all the guys are so fast in their voting..Chris should get her to come this Friday and I'm sure she will be a booster for our friendly games...YES voted for A without the L :D

8. kong-19

kong-19 Regular Member

casual worker and stringer
    Trip to Melbourne CCC

Hi Chris & everyone at CCC

In Melbourne I been to 2 CCC. At CCC, Chris Coaching Centre. I played 3
    times. 2 sessions not of much fun. The players level, either too high
    or too low for me. BUt the last Friday one was better. More fun and some
    sweat. Chris promised I will have free badminton whenever I show up
    in his club. Tks. Chris.

I enjoyed most at the other CCC. The Crown Classic Competition.
    There I not only won the classic treatment. Also a return free air ticket
    for the next trip. I did well in that competition. Credit should be given to Chris for telling me the recipe while I followed him out coaching several times. From his recipe, I learnt to improve the Skill, Tactic & most important the
    " PATIENCE " Anyone want to improve themselves on court & in competition.
    Chris is the " MAN "

On Sunday evening. Badfever took me to a Very Special restaurant for Special Peking DUCK. The place & the duck were a bit special and unusual to me. When u are here sometime in Dec. I will let u try out the very normal
    Peking Duck here in Brisbane.

With the free badminton & the free air ticket. I may see u again sometime
    before April. Hope u won`t be upset to hear of my coming.
    Otherwise, we will meet again at the WC 2007 in the " BOLEH " LAND.

Thank you to everyone at Chris CCC. Have fun & enjoy the games tonight.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

What's a Correct/Incorrect Service ???

Hi andrewghw,

Your Post#114 in CCC Badminton: CATS@Waverley Wed 7:30pm-10:00pm is informative/instructive for players@ccc.
    Link= http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35687

So, I will copy and paste it here.

Cheers... chris@ccc

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

kong-19 enjoyed the 2 CCC's in Melbourne

Hi kong-19,

Great to hear from you !!! :):):)

Now that you can get free badminton and free air ticket from our CCC in Melbourne...... we hope you'll come to Melbourne more often.

Cheers... chris@ccc

11. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Wc2007

Hi Kong,

There were many discussions about fun in relation to high and low levels games earlier this year. Chris and doubleplease came up with a system to address that situation . Chris has probably under or over estimated your standards when pairing you up ... only kidding!!

I am taking up a job assignment in the BOLEH LAND starting 15-12-06 to ???
    and will hope to see you at the WC2007 in Kuala Lumpur . How about " fish head curry" instead of Peking Duck? Let me know if you need a place to stay - will try to accomodate. We can also have a round of baddy at Bkt Jalil Golf Club (hopefully my membership still ok for not paying for so long) which is very2 near to the real action i.e WC2007. The court has that rubberised bouncy feeling that Kevin like very much!!

yih sheng

12. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Service

Hi Andrew,

The democratic process doesn't seem to be working in CCC's club. Understandable - democracy can cause instability in certain situations.

Is Chris's service consider a delay i.e he takes some time to hit it after completion of the backswing ? That is only tactic he will keep it to himself - never teach it ..man.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Organising CCC Badminton Sessions

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Hi yschin, [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Yes, I often feel much pressure/responsibility... when members@ccc ask me how/what we should [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]do next. [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Their assumption underlying this, is that I have superior knowledge and experience in organising/promoting Badminton.

But I could make a wrong decision too. I need more suggestions/ideas from all members@ccc.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]This matter on the democratic process should/could trigger a healthy discussion amongst our members@ccc. However, Casual Visitors will just have to follow along. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I encourage more participants in the discussion on this matter. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Sometimes I feel that members@ccc are thinking this... “Just let chris@ccc do the dirty work”. :):):) [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]BTW, this is what I think... [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]====== start idea ====== [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]There are 3 Organising Styles: [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Command style [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]In the command style of organising badminton, the organiser makes all the decisions, the role of the players is just to respond to the organiser’s commands. The assumption underlying this approach is that the organiser has superior knowledge and experience. It is his role to tell the players what to do. The players’ role is to listen, to absorb and to comply, no questions asked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Submissive Style [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Organiser who adopts the submissive style makes as little decision as possible. It is like ‘throw out the ball and have a good time approach’. The organiser provides little instruction and minimal guidance in organising activities and resolves discipline problems only when absolutely necessary. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Organiser who adopts this style normally lacks the competence to provide instruction and guidance. They are unable to meet the demand of their organisational responsibilities. The submissive style organiser merely acts as caretaker and often is a poor one, and usually comes into Badminton Organisation by chance. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cooperative Style [/FONT] ​
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Organiser who selects the cooperative style shares decisions making with the players. Although they recognized their responsibility to lead and guide the players towards achieving set objectives, cooperative style organiser also knows the importance of getting players involved in making certain collective decisions. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]====== end idea ====== [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Does it sound familiar??? ;););)
    [/FONT]

Yes, i[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]t is the same way I do my coaching...... just substitute organiser with coach, and players with trainees. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Recently, hkhung put a lot of pressure on me to select players for his team. :mad::mad::mad:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]However, it was good that I have made a decision that only our Friday members@ccc can take part. Can you image how difficult it is to select... if we were to select from all of the 131 players who have attended/played at Friday Social@Waverley. :confused::confused::confused: [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]On top of that, hkhung asked if he could include some trainees@ccc from all our different venues. Again, I have hundreds of them... so trying to do that would be a nightmare.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]This post is to trigger more ideas/assistances that I desperately require to make my task easier. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]I hope that more and more members@ccc will attend supper after our session, to talk/discuss matters about club matters. Members who only turn up just to play... should realise that “We should all do our part i[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]n giving, not just taking[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]”. ;););) [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Finally, I also believe that “Politics and Sports should not mix”. Indonesia is having so many problems at the moment bec[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]ause, as you said in your post, it “[/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]can [/FONT][FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]cause instability in certain situations”. [/FONT]

[FONT=Bitstream Vera Sans, sans-serif]Cheers... chris@ccc

[/FONT]

14. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Hi Chris,

Nobody wants to take a vote on the A & L as I have expected. I believe most of them just want to enjoy playing badminton and are happy with the current situation under your leadership. Me included. Who the hell f cares about democracy etc

There are also people who do not want to be labelled as NATO member - no action talk only - like me.

Sometime I do have some ideas but then there are a lot of difficulties associated with it. For example, when Wesley pulled out, I thought why not we split into 2 teams (Team A & B) and compete among ourselves and loser pays for a end of the year barbecue. But then ........ forget it.

I truly understand the time ,effort and difficulties in organising and appreciates what you have done.

Cheers and enjoy our badminton.

15. andrewghw

andrewghw Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hi Guys,

Can never agree more with yschin! I guess its very hard to keep the group together and not many clubs are able to hold the group together for long. Chris has done a good job in maintaining it. The turn out has been pretty consistent and other clubs has not enjoyed the kind of crowds as CCC!!

Well done Chris!!

16. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hi Chris,

Wah......I only missed one session and already so many happenings. CCC is definitely growing. :)

But I am sad to hear about all this unnecessary presurre that you are having. I think all this arise from trying to organise too many friendlies too soon with other clubs. Why do we have so many FREAKING friendlies anyway????? :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe our dear captain hkhung can enlighten me on this.

If you want me to vote, I vote that all these friendly matches should stop for the time being (let's say 6 to 12 months) and let you have a break so that you don't wear out from doing all these organising stuffs. We don't need it, Chris. I enjoy more just attending a normal baddy games and going to supper after the game. Period.

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hectic End-of-Year 2006@CCC

Thanks andrewghw and BadFever,

Yes, perhaps I should slow things down a bit for CCC. :):):)

But there are also 2 more suggestions put onto me which I have not mentioned(although they have been keeping me thinking for the last month). This is the time for me to release them;

(1) Friendly Match against JT Ultra
    (2) End-of-Year CCC Celebration

I need ideas/suggestions/actions from all members@ccc :):cool::p;)

Cheers... chris@ccc

18. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Here is my suggestion,

1) Postpone to next year. Period. :)

2-a) We can pick one of the "All you can eat" restaurants (There is Foodstar chinese food in Knox or Cuckoo western/german in Mount Dandenong or whateva). Everyone bring one bottle of wine/whiskey/brandy/tequilla and get drunk.

2-b) BBQ & Baddy outing. One of us can bring a BBQ grill and cook outside CCC baddy hall. We play baddy, eat, play baddy, eat all day long.

That's all from me.

19. DoublesPlease

DoublesPlease Regular Member

Badminton angle?

At first glance this really has nothing to do with badminton but off-topic is not in my dictionary, so...

This is extremely cool: http://labs.live.com/photosynth

Do note however the phrase "pre-beta technology preview" and it requires XP SP2 and a recent graphics card. There's a bit of futzing around to make it go but it's worth it in the end.

DP

20. yschin

yschin Regular Member

student of this game
    Badfver, you are a practical man , can tell by the way you play baddy, you don't fried the kwei teow as often as I do.

I am with you for (2-b) but add last sentence of (2-a) to it. It will be interesting to see you play after drinking. But Chris might ban 'drink and play' for health and safety reason.

That's all.