good beginner racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Bob, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Bob

Bob Guest

I am considering whether I should buy a Yonex Carbonex 10, Carlton Airblade 800, Victor 7500y or a Victor Serati TGX500. Any thoughts?

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

A good beginners racket in my sense would be a Cab 8 and if u dont wnat and extrenal joint then u can probably buy a Cab 3 or Cab 7 and if u want something in Isometric series u can probably buy the Iso 60.

Cab 10 was a replacemant for the Cab 9 wgich was used by taufik and i am very sure it is def not a beginners racket.

I hope this helps.

3. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Cab 8s are a bit too out of date, though i admit that i learned all my basics with a Cab 8, i would recommend a Cab 9 instead or a Cab racket from Yonex that is not too heavy. As nowadays even, there aren't any rackets as heavy as the Cab 8. I don't see any reason in beginning with such a heavy racket so my recommendation is a Cab 9.

4. ARCH4NG3L

ARCH4NG3L Guest

What kind of player are u? do u like smash so much or tactic playing? carb 8 is good for beginner. AB 800 is good when u like to play tactic. Personally i haven't try Victor yet so i've no idea 'bout it:)
    But when u like a lot of smash try a flexsible racket and vice versa:)

5. Jeff L

Jeff L Guest

BLAH ! why get the Airblade 800? 900 is a lot better for only a few more dollars

6. Josh

Josh Guest

I suggest the Airblade 800. I've learned that you can really count on Carlton racquets. Anyway, if this appeals to you, the AB 800 is also the racquet choice of badminton professional Nathan Robertson.