A dampening effect???

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zero, Aug 19, 2001.

1. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    hey, to all Ti-SP SR owners. Can you players feel the shot every time the racquet comes in contact with the bird? if so, are there any vibrations?

I feel that my Ti-SP SR has a very strong dampening effect, like it does not even vibrate, you can only feel the bird touch the strings and leave, like an elastic band. Could it be the strings? I do not think so because it is strung with BG66 at 22-23lbs (my estimate) and there is a very sharp metallic sound like *PING* whether it is a drop shot or a clear.

I think I mite have found the answer to the dampening effect but I still cannot confirm yet. My conclusion is because the stringers place a piece of leather of both sides of the T-joint (the main reason is to prevent the strings from cutting into the frame) and also that there is an extra piece of leather at the 12 o'clock position. That is what puzzles me, why would there be a piece of leather at the 12 o'clock position?

My Iso-Ti-SP SR has only a piece of overgrip on it as of right now with no ORIGINAL/STOCK grip on it, so I should be able to have more feel.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think your theory holds good!

I tried this on my Ti Sp SS and the i could not feel any vibrations.

Thanks mate! i have never tried teh 12 o clock position and i am thinkingof doing it at the begining of the isometric region too.

That would be 1 o clock and 11 clock