the different variations for Swing Powers

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by zero, Aug 19, 2001.

1. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    hey, this has been puzzling me for quite a while. But the different variations are to define the stiffness of the shaft right? But what about the balance towards the head?

2. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    the order of the head heaviness for the SP series is i believe in this order,
    SX
    SR
    SS
    SA
    I know what your htinking, why would the SR be higher than the SS, the truth is it is head heavier. The reason the SS ahs more power is cause it has more weight to it. So it isn't as head heavy. I have a SR and my friend(s) an SS. And the SS is overally heavier but the SR is head heavier. I wish it was heavier though, i need more power.....

3. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I totally agree. I think tHe SR is def better than The SS.

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've tried Ti SP SR, but I've ISO 900 SR. While its feel is superb, it can't generate good power. Do you think Ti SP SR is powerful ?

5. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    to ricky, I haven't tried the iso900 SR, so I cannot confirm any of my facts. But I have the AB1000 and I can definitely say that the Ti-SP SR is way more powerful than the AB1000.

IMHO, I have also tried my friends Ti-SP SS (not sure what of string and strung at) and I feel that the Ti-SP SR produces a little bit more power whether it is a smash or clear.

Ricky wrote:
    >
    > I've tried Ti SP SR, but I've ISO 900 SR. While its
    > feel is superb, it can't generate good power. Do you think Ti
    > SP SR is powerful ?

6. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    to ricky, I haven't tried the iso900 SR, so I cannot confirm any of my facts. But I have the AB1000 and I can definitely say that the Ti-SP SR is way more powerful than the AB1000.

IMHO, I have also tried my friends Ti-SP SS (not sure what of string and strung at) and I feel that the Ti-SP SR produces a little bit more power whether it is a smash or clear.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i disagree. i have both the iso900 SR and SS. and the SR is too light for my style.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Sorry for typing incorrectly - actually I DON'T have Ti SP SR. I only have ISO 900 SR CN.

I've tried AB1000 before and it is another very light racquet. When I say power, I'm looking for something which can match Ti-10. After using Ti SP SX for a couple times, I still find that there is compromise to be made in manuverability in order to get the extra power (perhaps my arm is not strong enough), i.e. I still found Ti-10 3U better suit my style since I can swing it faster.

Besides ISO 900 SR CN, I do have Ti SP SA, and I think both of them are not powerful enough. The only variation in TI SP or ISO 900 series which I haven't tried is SS. If I'm looking for something with explosive power but superb manuverability, should I give it a try ?

9. johny

johny Guest

TISSS is definitely more agressive than TISSR. When I clear the shuttle with SR, I just feel that the racket head is being stopped by the shuttle, which can affect the precision of the clear, but my SS can give very deep and precise clear without putting much effort on it. Defence wise, SR is a little bit faster, but not too faster than SS, if you have decent power or more power than me(60KG in weight)and think SR is not enough, SS would be a good try for you, also, the racket handle size also affect the feeling, I prefer G3.