Replacement for Keron 1500?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ph_leung, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I would like some suggestions for a new racket.

I broke the frame of my Pro Kennex Keron 1500 after over a decade of use. I had the racket strung with BG-70 Pro. I am at an intermediate/novice level and I play about 6 hours a week. I mainly play doubles and my playing style varies from defensive to offense depending on who my partner is.

My current replacement racket is a Victor ST-1800 with the original strings. Shots seem reasonably accurate and I can still play a competitive game but the racket has a slow and dead feel.

I've tried my wife's Isometric 80 Light (Why can't I find any info on that racket?) and her Prince Stealth. They feel _ok_. I'm not sure if I just need some time to adapt to a new racket and strings.

What would be similar or an improvement to the Keron 1500? (I bought it new for $12Cdn at a sports liquidation store.)
    I'd like to keep the costs under $60cdn.

2. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I decided to go cheap and bought a used one from Craigslist for $33. The guy gave me two.

One is a Victor Super Ti-1 and the other is a Victor King XII. I can find only a couple of mentions of the Ti-1 on the internet. My friend said he used to have one for a short while before it was warrantied due to a crack.

The King XII looks like it might be a fake or a factory second. I can only find one mention of this model anywhere on the internet (do a search in these forums and you'll see someone's post). The racket is a one-piece carbon frame that is lighter than the Ti-1. It has a black,grey,green,purple splatter paintjob. The head shape is mostly oval but with a slight bit of a flat iso top. The head's cross-section is aero (vs. box). The handle's cone has 2 flat sides but it's glued off centre. The Victor logos are painted (including the endcap) and the spacing of letters and the logo elements is inconsistent when compared to the Ti-1. The model name "King XII 100% Carbon frame" is printed at a slight slant.

Does anyone have any info on these rackets? Is that second one a fake?