Special Edition, Crystal mall

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by apex00, Nov 21, 2006.

1. apex00

apex00 Regular Member

Hey guys, i was just wondering if someone could post some prices of some equipment at Special Edition.. im looking for bag, shoes and a new racket...Thanks!

2. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

How about just call them - 604-438-1993.

3. wonger47

wonger47 Regular Member

Student
  4. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Uhh I went there somehow it looks like a fake yonex retailer..dunno for sure but yeahh

5. musky hunter

musky hunter Regular Member

These guys mught buy from HK and resell here. I am asking Yonex Canada for authorized dealer list.

6. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I see once you get the list please list the retailers please thanks

7. pedro22

pedro22 Regular Member

I've bought several Yonex racquets & shoes there and they were all genuine Yonex. The racquets were CD coded so they were not from overseas. I'm not connected in anyway to that shop other than being a satisfied customer.

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Hi Musky,

I went there today. I do not believe they are an authorized dealer because they are carrying some Yonex clothing from Asia besides Canada.

Regards

9. hydrocyanic

hydrocyanic Regular Member

wasting my time
    as far as i know(as i personally know the boss)

they don't sell fake yonex stuff

BUT, they do carry items from places other than canada

the "fake" items you see that look like yonex is actually kawazaki shoes

he is overall a nice guy to deal with

authorized dealer? this i don't know

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Is the owner an older person at the cashier hydro? The person I talked to mainly today was the person who was young buy from high school helping customers.

Off topic - My first time going to Cystal Mall and went to Sakura Media. I didn't even know they moved there and I just found out they have a Metrotown branch as well (I should of went there because I was at Metro too). The only thing I can say is Sakura Media (in Crystal Mall) is selling counterfeits as well as genuine.

11. musky hunter

hm..i know YO's in Markham is an authorized dealer but he carries CD models and SP models that aren't available in NA like the TI line.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Send an email to Yonex Canada and let them know about it. That is against the policy of being an authorized dealer. Yonex Canada should strip them for doing that. I also heard that Lee's Badminton is also selling SP rackets even thou they are an authorized dealer.

#12 Matt, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  13. musky hunter

hm...most of the stores sells racquets from other regions. This is well known and i am sure the distributor knows.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes because from my understanding, it is tough to get one as there is strict rules.

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Actually, Yonex has been quite lenient to the dealers because there aren't many stores that are willing carry their products. Dealers must carry at least $3000 worth of Yonex merchandise to start. I could count with one hand how many stores (excluding chain retailers) that actually carry Yonex badminton gear in the Greater Vancouver Area.

Racquets alone don't make much for the stores. I think that having some variety in the design will encourage more people to buy Yonex clothings and at the same time support the merchants who carry them. Hopefully Yonex will open up more designs to the North American market once they realise there's demand for those designs.

I don't know how much Yonex is paying you guys to be informants, but if the stores aren't selling fakes, I would leave them alone.

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The problem is that it's invading the territory as far as Yonex is concerned, more like a grey market. Same would apply if it was being done else where, like HK selling JP rackets.

Funny, one store in HK said, we cannot import other racket codes because they would get in trouble. Yet, I go to their webpage, they are selling NS77K JP.

#16 Matt, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  17. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Regular Member

Let’s not toss around the terms fake/counterfeit (vs. clone) and grey market/parallel import loosely here. They have different meanings and different legal implications.

Yonex has huge regional variations in the availability of their product line. Unless one is privy to the terms of agreement between Yonex and dealer, it would be unfair and irresponsible to speculate. There seems to be some (many?) exceptions. I don’t think we want anyone getting in trouble here.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    If they are authorized dealer, they follow the rules. Importing items which is intended to be sold in another country is not one of them.

19. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Regular Member

We have confirmation Special Edition sells CD rackets. You have seen some Asian clothing, which have very small market here and would otherwise not be available here anyways. Tad's sometimes has Asian shirts. I'm a happy customer of both. Serious improprieties here? You decide... :rolleyes:

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    In face of mass globalization of economy and increased consumer access to international markets, I find Yonex's market segmentation rules to be out of date. Thanks to the internet, we could already order YY racquets from HK and Japan without going through Yonex's 'proper' channels. I wonder why Yonex would go to all that trouble to protect its regional dealers when it's ultimately reaping the benefits of its being products sold anywhere around the world. It doesn't help that Yonex's regional dealers get limited selection of its merchandise anyways.

As ghostwriter has pointed out, legitimate merchants sometimes do carry other distribution codes foreign to their own regions. Rather than implicating a specific merchant with its name on the thread, we should carry the discussion on a new generic thread.

#20 cappy75, Dec 27, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2006