User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting, in that case, go to another string shop. Incase it does break, you can still go to Yonex Canada to try and claim as long as it is CD.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-06-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe Eggroll can help out in this matter. Sounds like the shop is extremely unreasonable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to the manager westwood. It was the guy who string your racquet's fault. You asked for the tension they should it at that tension. Or SUE THEM jk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    This because the store would not be able to prove that it was cracked to begin with. They proceeded with the string job, so it is assumed the racket is a go ahead from inspection. Even so, they are still liable if the racket is in good structual condition and it broke since it was in their procession.
    I am not here to judge on westwood's case, as I did not see the racket (before and after string job) myself. However, I do have a bit comments toward the statement I quoted above.

Most of the string shop (or say 99.999999%) do NOT equip with an x-ray machine. By human eyes, it's hard to determine if there's real structure damage, unless there's an obvious crack. So, do you want to force all the stringers to say, "sorry, brand new rackets only"? So, even say your racket is only 3 weeks old, and only have a tiny paint chip, I will refuse to take it, because you might sue me later on?? Even if brand new, what about manufacture defect, which is totally not the stringer's fault?

The stringer determine whether to take a job, mostly by his/her experience. However, even the most experienced one, can make a mistake or under-estimated how much a player can damage a racket afterward (i.e. mis-hit, clash, bad storage, uses as a baseball bat, trying to slam the floor in frustration, etc). Simply blaming the stringer is unfair to begin with. Use your same logic, when you go to the string shop, will you honestly (or be able to) tell the stringer exactly how many clashes, how many mis-hits your racket, how many bad string (or significantly over tension job) your racket suffered through before?

Again, the relationship between the stringer and customers should be a "trust". If you don't trust them (based on whatever reason), you take your own share to blame, as why you give them the racket to begin with.

Myself as a stringer, if the one time customer, I try to inspect their rackets, and give advice based on the condition. If they insist to put high tension, I warn them about the warranty and possible breakage. So, I get permission before doing my job. I string for fun, rather than making myself a rich guy. Therefore, I won't be too happy if someone chasing after me, to claim a $200 loss, even if his/her racket is all beat up and asked for 28lb to begin with.
    Last edited by LazyBuddy; 02-07-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, LB

Well I see your point there. But it is also true that the stringer should cover as their back as much as possible inspect it visually first.

The local stop when I get my rackets done, they visually inspect the rackets before it goes on the stringing machine. They never had issues and if there is one, they already caught it of time and will let the customer know about it when the customer comes in.

This shop is very good because they had customers (some new ones), come in and inquire about their broken racket stringed up from another store but refused to replace it as it broke. By looking at it, the stringer determined that other shop clearly did something wrong. In some of these instances, the rackets was not purchased at their store. What did the store do? Sent it to Yonex Canada, they just replaced it.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-07-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LB,

WestWood, has infored me, that her racket is a Victor and replaced by Victor.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Yup, LB

Well I see your point there. But it is also true that the stringer should cover as their back as much as possible inspect it visually first.

The local stop when I get my rackets done, they visually inspect the rackets before it goes on the stringing machine. They never had issues and if there is one, they already caught it of time and will let the customer know about it when the customer comes in.

This shop is very good because they had customers (some new ones), come in and inquire about their broken racket stringed up from another store but refused to replace it as it broke. By looking at it, the stringer determined that other shop clearly did something wrong. In some of these instances, the rackets was not purchased at their store. What did the store do? Sent it to Yonex Canada, they just replaced it.
    I definitely agree. The string shop should be responsible (to a reasonable degree), and try to do a better inspection before blindly accept any business. However, some "so-call" stringer only consider this as "pure business", and rush through anything, which result in a lost for both sides.

Glad to know westwood get her racket replaced. Next time, try a reputable stringer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3