The school's No.1 badminton hardcore: Me

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by yy_ling, Nov 25, 2006.

1. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    Another late intro but this can be fun, hope this is not regarded as spam lol, alright. .....level...play(start)

Year 2001, Im 10 years old. I hear my principal implementing that its compulsory that everyone joins a club in school. Seeing my friends go to badminton, I decided that I will tag along (yes I use to have no brain of my own). Every session is after school, we attended every session for the first few weeks. Somehow, everytime there was no coach or teacher. Everyone lost hope and thought the club was no more. The 2nd half of the year the teacher returned(amazing), I watched the tryouts but didnt play, because he said he were to release us on time(wth man). I attended the follow sessions. He taught us a bit about movement and scoring system. Soon I was playing in the court. I was using a steel racket then, its an imitation brand. We played doubles and there was once we left a gap(well during that time its a gap since we are still kids). I impressed him by returning it. After that my father bought me a computer, I became a geek after that. In the end I did not play badminton for the following 4 years...but thats not the end....(you guys might find my intro lame)

Year 2005, November, I was forced to return to school to make up for the hours that I skipped(I skipped lots of sessions for my club)... It was a total of 48 hours to make up. So we are supposed to sit in school and make up. In the end we started playing badminton. I played with my friend and I seem to remember some stuff. I felt better and better after more playing, then I did not have a burning passion for badminton yet. I was more into a girl...(this is embarassing lol)

Year 2006, my friends and I decided to study for a following test, they came to my house and got all the books. I had a dream about badminton or something the previous night. In the end I didnt study, went on to play badminton with my friends for the whole after and also went on to fail that test.

Present day, I am the biggest hardcore now. My teacher said in class "dont be like yy playing badminton so much during the holidays forgetting about your homework". In a history lesson, we were being taught about China's history, and all the history I remember is Yang Yang and Zhao Jianhua. After one short year of revival into the badminton court, I think I still have a long way to go. My alias, "the school's craxiest badminton freak".

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Ahha... Welcome to BCBF!!

3. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    i've been here long ago, i just felt like writing a intro and tell you guys about me

4. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

I guess most of us here are as "hardcore" as you are. :D :D :D

5. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    LOL! That was a great story. I'm guessing the only reason you remember Yang Yang is because you are YY yourself?;) And why Zhao Jianhua? Anyways, hope you can balance both your studies and your baddies. Great to get your intro!

6. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    LOL...Hardcore!!! A warm welcome to BC.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You should now aim for another title:

"The school's No.1 badminton player!"

Keep training hard but also don't forget your studies. :)

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    yy ling : Welcome to BC!

Loh : Welcome back to BC!!! enjoyed your trip?

9. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    yy_ling has been awesome, been everywhere on the forum once he joined.

Where did Loh go?:D (It rhymes!)

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you my friend from Sabah. I did enjoy watching the second stringers battling it out at the Alor Star Malaysian Satellite. Unfortunately your fellow Sabahan, Beryno Wong, did not possess enough to unsettle Chun Seang for a go at Alamsyah. But it will also be a lost cause for Beryno should they meet for Alamsyah was in deadly form, only missing the MS title by a whisker against compatriot, Jebber.

Just in case hiroisuke is not too familiar with Malaysian geography, Alor Star is in the northern Malaysian state of Kedah close to the border of Thailand. Many Malaysians cross the border to Haadyai for food and entertainment whenever possible.

My coach trip from Singapore to Alor Star took some 12 hours with about 3 stops along the way for refreshments, etc.

Kokcheng and I hope that the Borneo Baddy Nut will join us and many other BFers in KL next year for the World Championships. :D

#10 Loh, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  11. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

Dear Loh,

I gaurantee you i will go if Beryno participates!!! :D
    All in all, I am still settling down in my early part of life which limits my travelling only via the internet. It would be great to meet you, kokcheng & others in person some day.

Well Loh, my impression of the outcome was Beryno had a bad day in the quaters. Tan Chun Seang on the other hand, is definetely demoralised after the after being overwhelmed by Alamsyah.

Either way... best of luck to all the Malaysian Juniors!

#11 jug8man, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    8man, how come you're so interested in Beryno's progress and participation???

You must be in some ways associated with him or his activities. Did you play a part in his earlier training and development before he headed for KL? Or are you related to him?;)

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

Well Loh,

I've known him since he was about 12 i think. I know his coaches / development club in the state & i know his family. So, naturally his progress is of great interest to me.

Besides that, really believe it is a matter of time before he breaksthru to the top ranks. I might be right. maybe

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Just as a bystander and judging from the limited appearances he has made in Singapore tournaments, I think Beryno has improved. But he must improve more. His aim should be the Junior Champion of Malaysia very soon and join the Senior ranks by mid next year. He has to work very hard to achieve this. Otherwise, he'll be overtaken by his teammates rather quickly!

I think you know the story of Lin Dan. How when all his teammates had finished training and called it a day, he was still training by himself. Self-motivation with a purpose! ;)

15. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    cool. i'm similar to u in the part about becoming a computer geek for a while......in fact i wasted years trying to be 1337 about every game i play...from cs to warcraft to hacking MMOs......i wasted so much time.....all till i got addicted to badminton

16. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    I see. Thanks! Of course, not knowing much aboaut the Malaysian plalyers either, it seems like an alien land to me, but that makes it even more interesting! The trip your coach took 12 hours? And they only had 3 stops? THat's tough.

17. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Regular Member

welcome and interesting

18. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Welcome..Yes I'm also a hardcore badminton addict hehe!!! We're twins!! lol:cool:

19. carltex

carltex Regular Member

i think you should lets play with me at malaysia

20. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

ooo..that make you 16 this year?
    good luck with O lvl and don't let it ruin your passion