My story

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by AChan, Nov 25, 2006.

1. AChan

AChan Regular Member

Rehabilitation
    I joined BF for 3 months, just after HK Open 06. I first approached Cheung to view his badminton photos as I noticed that he was taking photo in the court side both in HK Open 05 & 06. Thanks him for introducing me to join this big family.
    I started playing badminton after I graduated. Congratulated many of you start playing in young age. I joined a badminton course with my boyfriend (he is my husband now) because we felt boring and wanted to find something to do together. I used to have great interest in photography, and joined photography club to take photo regularly. It’s because of badminton, I shift my hobby and not taking photo for recent 8 years. Until taking badminton photo again this year, I am now excited to pick up my camera to shoot my favorite hobby.
    I am not skilful in playing badminton although I like to play. I am currently playing 3 to 4 times per week. My husband doesn’t play badminton with me now, he plays tennis instead. Our usual pattern is he carries his tennis racket and I carry my badminton racket to play after work, and then meet at home. I like to watch badminton match video, and have a set of collection to watch repeatedly. Forget to say, I clicked BC once in Sept 02. My badminton coach recommended me to read the badminton technique articles of it.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Your coach reads BC? Wow, that's cool.:cool:

AChan got introduced to me by mutual acquaintances. She just said, "I recognise you taking photos from HKOpen 05". I thought that was a bit strange somebody actually recognising me like that a number of months later. Asked her to visit BC but she couldn't find it that time. Anyway, bumped into AChan a few months later at HKOpen06 and she showed me some of her badminton photos. Needless to say I was very impressed. Became even more impressed when she used the Nikon D70s because I'd seen the noise from that model before (courtesy of Kwun). At HKOpen06, I asked AChan to visit BC again. We've been lucky enough to have her share her photos with us since then.:)

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonCentral, AChan. I really do enjoy your photos and have visited your gallery as well.

Have fun here :)

-dave

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Belated Welcome to BCBF AChan. :)

5. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Indeed. Great photography is always very nice to have, it's a great eye-catcher instead of loads of text. Hope I can see more of your pix soon!:D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    welcome to BF! It is great to see photos from local photographers like yourself. Obviously you're the smarter one, you chosed badminton instead:D As everyone knows too, taking badminton is a lot harder than taking tennis photos.

7. AChan

AChan Regular Member

Rehabilitation
    Thanks for your support, I will try my best;)

Totally agree. Good badminton photos not only depend on technique but also decent equipment.

8. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    it's an interesting story...welcome to BC!!!