How about korea?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by k-a-n-t, Nov 25, 2006.

1. k-a-n-t

k-a-n-t Regular Member

How about korea? Who are go to Doha Games?Do you know?I want to see list of player. plz^^

2. Shyen

Shyen Regular Member

Student
    Lee Hyun Il and Lee Yong Dae oppa will be there for sure!!:)

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

S1 Lee Hyun Il
    D1 Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae
    S2 Park Sung Hwan
    D2 Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Ji Man
    S3 Shon Sheung Mo

-- but, we know Korea is famous for mixing and matching its doubles combination.

4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Korea did not had any ace card (both MS and MD) against top countries like China and Malaysia.

However they still can compete with Indonesia in singles and second MD. First MD shall go to Markis/Hendra.

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    man,

korean MD are still better than mas MD (kkk is not pairing up with CCM and also CTF/LWW is not going)

do u think indonesia MS/MD also has no chance againts 'top countries' like malaysia and china ? :D :p

Indonesia VS CHINA = 3:2 or 2:3
    indoensia vs malaysia = 3:1,3:2,2:3

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    How did you get those numbers? 3:2 or 2:3 Are you a random number generator or what?

Based on fundamental analysis, last time when team Indonesia met team China at Thomas cup, Indonesia lost 0:8 to China (0:5 in the group, and 0:3 in the semi final).

Based on technical analysis, all three Chinese singles are ranked higher than all three Indonesia singles, and on men's doubles, Fu/Cai is ranked the #1, and Guo/Zheng is a scratch pair. So it should be 1:4 according to the paper, and 0:8 according to past records, how come you get 3:2 or 2:3 only :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. taufik-ist

it administrator
    ya... based on ranking indonesia will always lose 5:0 :p :p , u know ranking dosn't always represent the strenght of player

indonesia can still get 2 points from 2 MD from china team :), and againts malaysia, all indonesia MS have 50:50 chances, but indonesia MD have 60:40 chances :D :D :p

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I think INA could get one point from doubles, and one point from Taufik against China. So, it could be 0:5, 1:4 or 2:3. It's difficult to get the 3rd points from China. For INA-MAS, INA could win 2 or 3 singles and 1 double, so probably 2:3, 3:2 or 4:1 in totally.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae is unpredictable. He could win all matches in team events, men's doubles and mixed doubles.

10. taufik-ist

it administrator
    i think indonesia still has 45% chance againts china :D, it will be 3:2

11. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

ain't we talking about Korea here?

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Nod head..

..hehe, yah...but i think taufik-ist might've gotten a bit excited or agitated for the fact INA will be in the same group as CHN that he's putting INA team in place of Korea..:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    sorry, bro...
    i think korea team is better than malaysia team :D

he..he2 :D :p

14. event

event Regular Member

I'm with you there but it is very difficult to predict. I really don't see any Malaysian doubles team beating Lee and Jung and Lee and Hwang are definitely too strong for Malaysia's second doubles. Remember that Lee and Hwang are ranked #30 on the basis of five tournaments, not including the 7* World Championships. Mind you, they did lose in 3 games to the new pairing of Koo and Tan in the Japan Open. Koo and Tan will likely be second doubles as their ranking is low.

It is hard to imagine Lee Hyun-il beating Lee Chong Wei but the other two matchups are so tough. The two big game veterans, Shon and Wong, will be at third singles and neither have done much recently. Park Sung-hwan vs. Hafiz, neither of them consistent, is another tough call. It should be a good one to watch for those of you lucky enough to have TV coverage.

#14 event, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  15. k-a-n-t

k-a-n-t Regular Member

how about Lee jae jin? Is his partner right now?

16. event

event Regular Member

As badMania pointed out, it is Hwang Ji-man. They have been playing together since the Macau Open. That means that Korea has two established pairs in men's doubles now, ranked #3 and #30 in the world respectively.
    They did mix and match Jung and Hwang against Malaysia in the Thomas Cup. Lee and Jung hadn't played together long at that point but it isn't clear what the reason for the change was. Lee Jae-jin wasn't at the Thomas Cup.

Lee will have Lee Hyo-jung back as his mixed partner for the individual events as well.

17. seawell

seawell Regular Member

event:Jun Jae Youn will take part in the team competition?

18. event

event Regular Member

Well, I'm still wondering where this information came from.
    I mean, I read that in a news story but the KBA doesn't have a list of players going to Doha that includes any but those entered in the individual competitions. In other words, only 2 MS and 2 WS. So badMania, where did you get the information about Shon Seung-mo playing 3rd singles? Also from a news source or did you find a list?

I can't find anything that says who is playing 3rd WS. Lee Yun-hwa and Hwang Hye-youn are the two playing individual WS.

19. event

event Regular Member

Okay. Pardon my incompetence. I found it on the Asian Games site. The 3rd and 4th singles players on the Korean women's team are Lee Hyun-jin and, you guessed it, Jun Jae-youn. Lee is still young, only 19, and the team has confidence in her even if her ranking isn't that high. Jun is, of course, the veteran, but she has played very little this year since her semi-final appearance in the Indonesian Open. She lost Xie Xingfang in the first round of both the Malaysia and Chinese Taipei Opens and hasn't played internationally since.

The Asian Games profiles aren't too dependable. For Jun, they say she is a student coached by Li Mao. Li Mao is in Malaysia now, of course, and Jun graduated in February 2005.