Sotf

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by yub29, Nov 25, 2006.

1. yub29

yub29 Regular Member

Hi,

Does anyone know about SOTF this year? As in, where you can sign-up and everything, there hasn't been much information about it for some reason. Thanks

yub29

2. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Here's the information:

UWBC presents Survival of the Fittest Tournament for Fall 2006. Join our well respected tournament where players throughout Ontario compete to win it all.

Date: Friday & Saturday, Dec 1st & 2nd, 2006.
    Time: 4:30 – 11:30 PM Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:30 PM Saturday
    Cost: Free for UWBC members, $10, $15, and $20 for non-members attending one, two and all events respectively
    Format: ABCD Flight for Men & Mixed Doubles, AB Flight for Mens Single & Ladies Doubles, and S.Elim for Ladies Single
    Medals will be awarded to both winners & finalists for all Flights, while prizes are awarded to A & B Flights. Draw prizes will be during lunch time.

Number of Teams Permitted:
    Men & Ladies Singles: 16
    Men Doubles: 32
    Ladies Doubles: 16
    Mixed Doubles: 32

To register for the tournament, please visit http://wilson.dreaming-cat.com/UWBC/SOTF/. Registration starts immediately when you receive this e-mail. No teammates? Not a problem. Sign-up by yourself and we will try our best to find you a team. Please note that if you plan to sign-up with a team, only one team member needs to submit a form. Confirmation e-mails will be sent November 28 th and 29th.

Registration Times:
    Men & Ladies Singles: Friday at 5:00 PM
    Men Doubles: Saturday at 9:00 AM
    Ladies Doubles: Saturday at 1:00 PM
    Mixed Doubles: Saturday at 4:00 PM
    Registration will be closed after 30 minutes from the times stated above, and if you have no registered by that time, you are disqualified. If for any reason you must arrive late or need to cancel your registration, please contact us at uwbadminton@gmail.com.

Event Times:
    Men & Ladies Singles: Friday at 5:15 PM
    Men Doubles: Saturday at 9:30 AM
    Ladies Doubles: Saturday at 1:30 PM
    Mixed Doubles: Saturday at 4:30 PM

Think you got what it takes to win it all? We'll be waiting . . . If there are any inquiries, contact us at uwbadminton@gmail.com.

Cheers,
    UWBC Directors

3. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

niceee. is it feather or nylon birdie tournament?

4. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    they supply plastic birds. If you want to play feather you will have to supply it yourself. I was there for the tourney this past saturday. I have gone to this fun tournament since I was an undergrad and now working full time. I have to say that in the past year, the tournament is not as good as before:

1) draw prizes are no longer badminton gear (strings, grips) but laundry baskets (!!??), swiffer sets, led key chains, 500 piece puzzles, etc... It would be nice to have a nice mix between badminton gear and non badminton related prizes

2) organization of draws and scheduling - games should be played when there are open courts (i.e more then 2) instead of having ppl walk on and play for fun games. In previous SOTF tournies i'd be able to get home by 6:30pm...this past tourney: 9:30pm.

I understand that the tournament is only $15 (present and in the past $20) and i guess this is what i get for my money but my expectations of this tourney from a fun and organizational point has ALWAYS been VERY high compared to other club tournies. (When the varsity players run it is definately a lot more fun).

I've been an executive and am close to previous directors in this club so i am pretty informed on the ins and outs of how this club is run.

Any ways.. i may stop by again but only for the summers.

end of rant (on behalf of myself and other out of towners that came).