Interview with Lin Dan and Xie Xing Fang on Phoenix TV

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by alvinlai, Nov 26, 2006.

1. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Not sure if you guys know about his, but on Phoenix TV, there is an interview by Xu Gehui with the 2 baddy lovebirds. Prog starts at 7pm (UK time) on the Phoenix Channel, channel 785 on SKY.

Prog just started, quite a nice watch and funny as Lin Dan was asked why he did not shouted and support ie "Jia You" when Xie Xing Fang was playing whereas Xie Xing Fang always did. I think Lin Dan blushed while trying to explain it to Xie Xing Fang.

Catch it while you can fellas, interview is in Mandarin though.

2. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    There is now a question and answer session on how much the 2 love birds understand and know each other. Hopepully they don't get it wrong~!

Lin Dan is actually afraid of the question often asked by many - "Who is taller?". He replied, "We're at the same height." This is a headache for him when they go shopping for high heel shoes for her.

#2 alvinlai, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  3. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Right, how many of you BC'ers are watching? I don't think Phoenix TV do reruns on this~!

4. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Lin Dan expresses his dissappointment towards his fans for blaming him for his early exit during the Olympics. He was under high pressure to perform due to his quick rise on ranking earning him the title "Super Dan" and this is his first Olympics.

No one believed him when he made phone calls to inform about his defeat. Xie Xing Fang who was out and did not watch his game because she was confident that he will come out well. Not even his family believed him back home because the match was not broadcasted yet and no one watched his match. It was faith and expectations that they had which held them back from believing him. Lin Dan admitted that he himself did not believe that the match was over and he was defeated even though he has already shaking hands and walking away. Only once in his room and a lie down brought him down to earth realising that he's been defeated. Only Bao Chun Lai was there to comfort him.

His big dissappointment came when fans blame him for not taking the title which eventually was taken by Taufik Hidayat. Lin Dan complained that fans do not understand the emotions of a player. He said, "No one player ever win all matches. There will be defeats and this is normal although players themselves do not want to lose." Too much of expectation was put on him hence his burden, this was too much for him to bear in such a major tournament.

5. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Well, the half an hour prog is finally over. Sorry that I can't update quick enough to tell you all what is actually interviewed. There is even an interview with Li YongBo on what kind of player he prefers, and that interview dated back to September this year. I believe this is a recent interview as it captures his win during the All England earlier this year. Lin Dan is also seen wearing a scarf on his neck which I believe is not just a fashion thing but also due to the cold winter in Beijing.

Both Lin Dan and Xie Xing Fang were asked, "What is it that you see in him/ her that attracts you?" True enough there are slight blushes on their cheeks before replying.

I'm struggling to remember what is actually said and interviewed thoughout the whole 30 minutes as I'm doing typing here as well. Sorry if I can't update anymore. However, I will try to get copy from Phoenix, convert it and upload it here. No promises though.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i doubt the chinese players get any mental training and are known to crash and burn in early part of their career. Look at zhang ning, it took her 10 years to avenge on mia audina. Zhang ning and LD now can run circles around their foes. Mia is smart enough to pack it in and try something else.

7. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

excuse me..is there any link via website so that we can watch the interview via net????

8. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    cool! :D :crying: I don't have Phoenix TV :crying: :D hehe :) thank you for saying some parts of it though :D thanks :)

9. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    I don't quite think there is a link for Phoenix TV progs on the net. Its sort of a Astro prog. Can't really get them much on the net though.

No probs Jason, I'll try to get a copy from Phoenix if possible. I'll upload and everyone can enjoy.

10. esther

esther Regular Member

hello,anybody know when is the the interview show??monday?tuesday??wednesday?? :confused: :p

11. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Broadcasted on Phoenix TV channel 785 for SKY subscribers on the 26th of Nov at 7pm (GMT). Not sure when will it be on again.

12. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    that'll be great! :D thanks alvin(Lai? :confused: :D ) :D

13. Shyen

Shyen Regular Member

Student
    :cool: because he's a cool guy!!:pthanks for that!

14. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    ...and that is what Xie Xing Fang likes about him. She commented that his dressing and his hairstyle are cool and is attractive to her. Apparently Lin Dan replied that, Xie Xing Fang's opponents in the finals are most of the time her teammates ie his Chinese female teammates. To him, it seems awkward and inappropriate to voice his support. He prefers to sit quietly and watch.

Whereas Lin Dan's opponents in the finals are usually foreigners. She have no problem mounting her support for him. She mentioned that in Japan, not sure whether its Japan Open or the Thomas Cup, the Japanese audience were mesmerised by her amount of support for him.

Both Lin Dan and Xie Xing Fang do look towards each other while competing. Or at least towards their direction as they can't pinpoint their exact location. Its just a quick glimpse so that they don't lose the focus or concentration. And when Xie Xing Fang asked whether Lin Dan heard her supporting him, he said no, infact he can't hear a thing. Sheer concentration focussing his senses towards the match. Xie Xing Fang doesn't seem to mind though.

15. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :D lol....that's why i always prefer BCL to be with XXF....:p :p
    but this is not gonna happen!!;) :cool: thanks!:)

16. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

No Way!! LD n XXF is a pair!! haha

17. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    i think lin dan is actually shorter than her isn't he?

18. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

LD is listed as 178 cm... while XXF is 177...
    bao is 180+ i think...:)

19. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Somehow or rather, Lin Dan and Xie Xing Fang agree that they are of the same height. Give and take 1 or 2 cm I reckon, which is not really noticeable. Perhaps Xie Xing Fang looks taller because her body frame is smaller and her legs seemed longer. Just an opinion.

20. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I thought Ld is shorter than XXF.........