heel protection good?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by snowtigger, Nov 26, 2006.

1. snowtigger

snowtigger Regular Member

I am wearing yonex shoes already, but my left leg hurts a bit lately .. so my coach asks me to try thos heel protection gel . But I find that it will make my heels higher, would that be a problem (esp putting into yonex)... it is suppose to absorb shock though... ~

2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    put on the protection, its better to prevent injuries

3. snowtigger

thx, but would making the heels a bit higher affect badminton performance- cuz badminton shoes are basically flatter? (although I assume such designs are good for heels)

4. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    dont worry after all your coach told you to do so

5. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

my experience with yonex shb - 99

Hi just want to share my experience with yonex shb99. When a bought it a couple of months ago, it was a comfortable shoes, good cushion and lateral movements are stable. However, just 2 months after using it, I started to develop heel and knee pains, initially i thought it was over exertion but then the pain progress and more prominent after playing badminton. I also had a couple of ankle strain (from twisting). I decided to buy the new nike multi court shoes, which i found lighter and softer to my heels. To my surprise my knee and heel pain started to wane. Recently I found a yonex prosock liner, and when i replace my old yonex insole I was suprise to see a very much damage insole. There was some near tearing in the heel area, and thinning of the forefoot area. I guess what i am saying is that although yonex are comfortable to wear initially, their durability needs to be desired. So if you are a yonex shoe wearer and you started to feel knee and foot pain then it is time to buy a new one.

6. snowtigger

where can u get those to replace the ones in yonex? i also realise that the heels in the yy shoes are lower than before... so perhaps using the heel protection may help.. i tried it when practising yesterday and it felt strange though... but maybe i'll try it again ~

7. docruben7

docruben7 Regular Member

yonex prosock liner

Got mine in Chris Sports store (Phiilippines). Name is Yone prosock liner. Make sure you know your shoe size, bec it comes in diff. sizes.