Poll: What versions of MP100 are broken?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Creative, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Creative

Creative Guest

Kwun, I know this should be in the general forum but equipment forum gets more posts. To all the former MP100 owners, what version of MP100 you owned cracked and now out of commission?

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

All the broken Mp 100's that i haev seen are like SP.

SP is the only version available here!

3. mustafa

mustafa Guest

Mine was a 2U G5, SP version with HK serial numbers.
    It cracked at the 2 o'clock position after stringing with BG 85 at tension 25/26 lbs.
    It was about 5-6 months old at that time.
    May it RIP.

4. Creative

Creative Guest

Lets add a little more info. Where did the racquet break? ie. 12 o'clock. When I saw the guy at L'am with the MP100CP he was treating his racquet like he hated it. Clashing racquets with people, and hitting on the floor. This was last month when L'am was still in progress; I talked with him and asked him, you don't treat your racquets well? He replied, it's a CP so it should handle it. I looked at it and there were numerous paint chips. I took a good look at his racquet for 5 minutes and found no cracks but only deep chips. He told me that he always treats his racquets poorly and the they never hold up well. He used SP versions before and they only lasted 4 months for him. I asked how long has he owned the CP? He said 6 months. He said the amount of abuse he puts on his MP100CP is twice that of the SP's. He said to me he is not going back to SP racquets anymore after owning a CP. I told him that the MP100's crack easily. He replied, if it is an SP it will crack. He followed by saying, I cracked an MP100 CD and SP version just by hitting it on the floor(CD) and hitting the frame(SP). But he says he loves the MP100 so he asked a friend to buy one from HK. I wanted to talk more to him but I got pulled away to play. Can we say that CP versions are more durable? My personal opinion is YES. After witnessing what this guy does to his racquets, I can see CP versions are definitely more durable. I feel sorry for guys that spend top dollar for MP100 SP versions.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I feel sorry for the equipment that has to handle unnecessary abuse. The racquet is only a tool. It is the person himself who lacks skill to use the tool.

6. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    lol seems like the RD version holds up best! :)