User Tag List

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by batrachian
    Thanks DAL for the nice post. However, I have some questions regarding the Ashaway string models posted in your review.

It looks like Ashaway Micro Power has very good reviews. Is the one you have the same as this one:
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=263
    The string thickness is shown as 0.66mm. Is there any other sub-models for this string?

Also, Ashaway PowerGut 65 Neon. I cannot find any thing exactly as you described. The closest I can find is PowerGut 65 Nylon.
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=260

Is there any chance they are the same?
    Micropower I believe is actually .70mm and it does come in XL version which is .73mm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are Asian specific strings. I have never tried them.

Quote Originally Posted by batrachian
    Thanks DAL for the nice post. However, I have some questions regarding the Ashaway string models posted in your review.

It looks like Ashaway Micro Power has very good reviews. Is the one you have the same as this one:
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=263
    The string thickness is shown as 0.66mm. Is there any other sub-models for this string?

Also, Ashaway PowerGut 65 Neon. I cannot find any thing exactly as you described. The closest I can find is PowerGut 65 Nylon.
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=260

Is there any chance they are the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can get a reel of micro power for 47, or power gut 66 for also 75 and BG 65 for 43.
    I think i would be better off buying Micro Power. I can get white, purple or blue.
    or Power gut which i can get power: green or orange, neon: orange or green.

which one would you recommend? I'm not a frequent strink breaker so my GB 80 lasts me about 2 months without heavy smashing.

I would bet Power gut but i heard ashaway strings with different colours have different playing qualities so i'm just curious to ask before spending my money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Ashaway PowerGut 65 is good for Tumble & Spin

Quote Originally Posted by chrishin

I would bet Power gut but i heard ashaway strings with different colours have different playing qualities so i'm just curious to ask before spending my money.
    Hi chrishin,

I enjoy playing netplay with a lot of tumble and spin (of the shuttlecock), so I find that the Ashaway PowerGut 65 is very suitable for this purpose.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been advised that Ashaway PG66 and MP66 strings distributed in Asia by its Asian distributor are different from those sold in the US. These two strings in Asia are custom made by Ashaway USA based on specific requirements of the Asian distributor for the region. For example, the US version MP66 has only 3,000 micro filaments, the Asian version 4,000. The US PG66 is silent on no. of micro filaments, the Asian version 4,000 micro filaments. They even have Ashaway strings that have never been seen in the US. Based on what I know I think both the Asian MP66 and PG66 Neon are better than their US versions. I have even been offered a string of my own specifications to be made by Ashaway USA provided I order a minimum length of 554,000 meters. Any interest in a 5,000 micro filaments 0.66 mm PG66 Neon green? We can pull our orders together.
    In this respect I salute Ashaway for being responsive to different market needs and requirements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir Eepak, ironic you mention this. I just received some Asian Ashaway string and strung my Cab 30 with it. I hit it for about 2-3 minutes and the string seems more responsive and just "better" than its U.S. counterpart. I will hit it more these next few days.

Did you say 554,000 meter?! That's 55,400 individual packs, that's a lot of $$$ to fork over.

I'm definitely interested though, I think 0.68mm MP would be ideal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    I have been advised that Ashaway PG66 and MP66 strings distributed in Asia by its Asian distributor are different from those sold in the US. These two strings in Asia are custom made by Ashaway USA based on specific requirements of the Asian distributor for the region. For example, the US version MP66 has only 3,000 micro filaments, the Asian version 4,000. The US PG66 is silent on no. of micro filaments, the Asian version 4,000 micro filaments. They even have Ashaway strings that have never been seen in the US. Based on what I know I think both the Asian MP66 and PG66 Neon are better than their US versions. I have even been offered a string of my own specifications to be made by Ashaway USA provided I order a minimum length of 554,000 meters. Any interest in a 5,000 micro filaments 0.66 mm PG66 Neon green? We can pull our orders together.
    In this respect I salute Ashaway for being responsive to different market needs and requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Sir Eepak, ironic you mention this. I just received some Asian Ashaway string and strung my Cab 30 with it. I hit it for about 2-3 minutes and the string seems more responsive and just "better" than its U.S. counterpart. I will hit it more these next few days.

Did you say 554,000 meter?! That's 55,400 individual packs, that's a lot of $$$ to fork over.

I'm definitely interested though, I think 0.68mm MP would be ideal for me.
    LOL I think he went high on strings!!! That's a whole lot of money. YOU COULD BUY A CAR WITH THAT MONEY!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a car ? You could buy a whole load of cars ! Thats probably about US$150,000 worth of string. A 10M pack sells for about $5, give wholesale discount to maybe $3 a pack and thats around 160-170K Worth..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ stringing service = aload of $$ bling bling
    unless you string rackets yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmashHappy
    + stringing service = aload of $$ bling bling
    unless you string rackets yourself
    Well lets say he has his own stringing machine-well that's a WHOLE LOT OF TIME stringing some racquets.--average time=umm about 30minutes for stringing one racquet--so 30minutesx55,400=WHOAA that's a huge portion of your time to string a racquet!! YIKES..You must be rich to afford that quantity of strings!! Hmm SHARE SOEM LOVE--aka free strings for us?? jk..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking about strings I know that yonex voids your warranty if you go higher than the recommended tension. I myself have a yonex ns9k type x CD coded. I was wondering if I told my stringer to do 25lbs, will it void the warranty?? And..what's the range for yonex's warranty?Well the range for tension. Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to know this !! please help!! thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Asian PG66 and MP66 are too thin for colder temperate countries and will be an expensive proposition, unless you are loaded like Dink-A-Lot. They are made primarily for tropical countries.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    I need to know this !! please help!! thanks
    For the most authoritative answer, ask Yonex Canada. But if I string for you I will give you a written warranty against damage from stringing at 25lbs+.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHart
    a car ? You could buy a whole load of cars ! Thats probably about US$150,000 worth of string. A 10M pack sells for about $5, give wholesale discount to maybe $3 a pack and thats around 160-170K Worth..
    For more than half a million meters I should be able to get them at "fire sale" prices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maybe a nickname is on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    Well lets say he has his own stringing machine-well that's a WHOLE LOT OF TIME stringing some racquets.--average time=umm about 30minutes for stringing one racquet--so 30minutesx55,400=WHOAA that's a huge portion of your time to string a racquet!! YIKES..You must be rich to afford that quantity of strings!! Hmm SHARE SOEM LOVE--aka free strings for us?? jk..
    ...how about "StringsALot" for taneepak..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 03-01-2007 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...how about "StringsALot" for taneepak..
    I agree, that's a crazy amount of string.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast