User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used Nanogy 95 for 1 month (24x26) now, just perfect, powerful and DUABLE!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Nbg 98

NBG98 is Much better !

Better power and hitting soung then the 66 but
    yet much more durable !

Love it very much..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys

which one will product better sound either thick or think diameter of string? .. or more exact, im comparing bg80 and bg66. I never try bg80 but im using bg66 currently ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG66 will sound better (higher pitch, crisper) for every thing but the smash. BG80 will give you that deep BOOM sounding smash, assuming that's what you're after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is ashaway micropower TI the same thing as ashaway micropower? (Tad's is selling TI so i was just wondering =])...ohoh does MP produce a nice boom sound like bg80 too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Noobie question

Hi guys, just wondering, I am looking at using the nanology 95 strings on a carlton carbon tt, I am a fairly defensive player but can rely on a powerful smash when I need to. On the whole I want to generate more power with a real whack on impact. I play at a reasonable club level, and play 2 - 3 times a week. I just wondered, what tension would be best using these strings and this racket ? any more information you require to give me an answer just ask and hopefully I can provide

cheers guys, I really appreciate your input

Term`

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisyay View Post
    is ashaway micropower TI the same thing as ashaway micropower? (Tad's is selling TI so i was just wondering =])...ohoh does MP produce a nice boom sound like bg80 too?

There is an Ashaway Micropower Ti. It's the MicroPower string laced with Ti. Like just about all Ti string, the sound is nice but the durability is not as good as the regular MP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the durability you want. Just about all control players I know play with BG66 and BG85 or thereabouts (thin string). Switching strings is not going to make that much more power so I'd recommend going for the best feeling string, which also happen to give you excellent pop.

NBG95 and 98 are tremendous strings for what they are; they are for heavy bombers who want durability. To me, they are not a control string. But then again, if you good, you can play with whatever you want.

With respect to tension, go with what's comfortable with you.

The equipment is not the most important thing, the player is.

Quote Originally Posted by Term` View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering, I am looking at using the nanology 95 strings on a carlton carbon tt, I am a fairly defensive player but can rely on a powerful smash when I need to. On the whole I want to generate more power with a real whack on impact. I play at a reasonable club level, and play 2 - 3 times a week. I just wondered, what tension would be best using these strings and this racket ? any more information you require to give me an answer just ask and hopefully I can provide

cheers guys, I really appreciate your input

Term`

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    NBG95 and 98 are tremendous strings for what they are; they are for heavy bombers who want durability. To me, they are not a control string. But then again, if you good, you can play with whatever you want.

They have much better control and other strings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    They have much better control and other strings.
    I'm talking about strings that are comparable in performance to NBG not your average string. For me NBG is average to good. For me, BG80, BG85, MP, PG and other BS810 and other strings have better control. That's just me.

If you like NBG, use it (I'm sure you are)!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my Ashaway MP seems to go out of place a lot. even before playing. even right after the stringing job is done! why?
    its a new stringer in a new city and its kinda like my first time trying out the MP. i did a couple of rackets on different occassions but they are all like that! strings moving out of place. lousy stringer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Depends on the durability you want. Just about all control players I know play with BG66 and BG85 or thereabouts (thin string). Switching strings is not going to make that much more power so I'd recommend going for the best feeling string, which also happen to give you excellent pop.

With respect to tension, go with what's comfortable with you.

The equipment is not the most important thing, the player is.

I am not changing strings, the factory strings on the Carbon TT broke after 3 times of use, so now I need to put new strings in, and I am more concerned about what would be the best tension to go for, I know the old "player not the equipment" thing, but I just wanted some advice on the best tension to start with. Everyone has a preferable tension, but if I am honest I dont have one, up until now I have used a mp88 at 23lbs, (I think ) but I want to know for my style of play what would be a good place to start, then if I dont like it I can change, go higher or lower, but based on you guys superior knowledge I wondered what you would suggest.

cheers
    Last edited by Term`; 09-25-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, what kinda sound does the NBG95 generate, the defualt strings on the Carbon TT made a great boom on impact which I like

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, what kinda sound does the NBG95 generate, the defualt strings on the Carbon TT made a great boom on impact which I like
    If you string NBG95 high 30+lbs. it will make a higher pitch, if you string it lower, 24lbs. or lower, it will be more of a deep boom sound.

However, I prefer NBG95 at higher tensions. Lower tensions don't really maximize the true potential of NBG95 which is:

+Higher tension, excellent repulsion and super durability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are thinking too much into it. Just go with your normal tension and go up or down depending on how you feel.

Everyone has a preferable tension, but if I am honest I dont have one, up until now I have used a mp88 at 23lbs, (I think ) but I want to know for my style of play what would be a good place to start, then if I dont like it I can change, go higher or lower, but based on you guys superior knowledge I wondered what you would suggest.

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, well my racket only really goes upto 28lbs, so I was thinking 25 - 26
    will this be too low ? :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, well my racket only really goes upto 28lbs, so I was thinking 25 - 26
    will this be too low ? :/

Your racket only "going up to 28lbs." doesn't really mean much. I've strung Cab 20s at 30lbs. and they are rated 18-22lbs. And these Cab 20s are more durable than most of the current rackets out now.

So again, if you have/find a competent stringer, just about any current/new racket can be strung at 28lbs.

Saaaaay, you said you usually use 23lbs. 28lbs. is too big of a jump. If you want to go higher, try 25lbs. first.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast