User Tag List

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yeah..and hope..

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Thanks ctjcad,

Yes, the tables of Post #1 and Post #202 are back.

..the man himself, DinkAlot, will also come back (in the near future) and post (esp. the updates, reviews etc.) more in BC...
    Last edited by ctjcad; 12-12-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay!!!!! thanks sir dink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think is the best string for a NS9000s? I've been using the NG95 in my previous racket, a NS6000 and I just love the feel of NG95. But I'm not sure if it's the racket or the string that gave me that feel ;S

Anyway, to you guys that have tried the BG80 and NG95, is there a different feeling to use the NG95 or is it very similair?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got my AT900P strung with Gosen Bio Roots 66 at 25 lbs. Absolutly amazing power and performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I had the opportunity to Demo all the new, non-released Ashaway Racquets. Chrome ones.. and racquets with new 'grommets' which arent really grommets. There were creases around the bottom of the frame, so the string would go around the bottom of the frame, where the MP grommets are on MP racquets.
    Anyway, back to topic. The Ashaway racquets of course, came with Ashaway strings. I tested out the Micro-Legend, Micro-Power and PowerGut66 Neon. I didn't really like the 'feel' of the Micro-legend, but I fell in love with the powergut66. It 'felt' so good. My favourite string for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashaway PG66 Neon
    Ashaway PG66 Power

Whats the difference? Any links...cos i just re-strung with PG66 but it doesn't say Neon or Power?

Anyone can help me?

Tks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up ashaway's powergut 66

Quote Originally Posted by jhirata View Post
    Today, I had the opportunity to Demo all the new, non-released Ashaway Racquets. Chrome ones.. and racquets with new 'grommets' which arent really grommets. There were creases around the bottom of the frame, so the string would go around the bottom of the frame, where the MP grommets are on MP racquets.
    Anyway, back to topic. The Ashaway racquets of course, came with Ashaway strings. I tested out the Micro-Legend, Micro-Power and PowerGut66 Neon. I didn't really like the 'feel' of the Micro-legend, but I fell in love with the powergut66. It 'felt' so good. My favourite string for now.
    yes the ashaway powergut 66 has very impressive playability but just be careful since it's not as durable. mine broke in a misshit but i will still consider using one in my secondary racket.
    Last edited by RSLdude; 03-25-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the table, I agree with Dinkalot, I love BG66, 65, 80 and 85. The thing that confuses me is the control column, for example yonex bg66 rates pretty well for control but I personally can't play the net as well, the string is far too repulsive for me at the net, is this just me or do others feel the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally have an overwhelming dislike bordering on complete hatred for bg66. no feel, no power and low durability, 2 hours of play with this and it's almost guaranteed to snap. might as well just donate my money to my stringer. bg80 and 85 on the other hand, pure heaven ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, bg 80 and 85 over 66 any day for me too, however no power from bg 66?! are you just not hitting the shuttle? (just jokin with you) bg66 are powerful strings!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlboro View Post
    Ashaway PG66 Neon
    Ashaway PG66 Power

Whats the difference? Any links...cos i just re-strung with PG66 but it doesn't say Neon or Power?

Anyone can help me?

Tks
    The "Power" series are the ones with the visible black PFT coating, whereas the "Neon" series are the ones that have a color matched PFT coating.

The Power has a grippier texture compared to the Neon. The actual construction of the string I believe is the same aside from the PFT layer.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trying2play View Post
    The "Power" series are the ones with the visible black PFT coating, whereas the "Neon" series are the ones that have a color matched PFT coating.

The Power has a grippier texture compared to the Neon. The actual construction of the string I believe is the same aside from the PFT layer.

Hope that helps.
    According to Dink's Review it states that PG66 Neon has better grip than PG66 Power. So....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123 View Post
    According to Dink's Review it states that PG66 Neon has better grip than PG66 Power. So....
    PG Neon has the most bite of any string I've tried. But it's a pain to string, it gets all twisted on many an occasion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    i personally have an overwhelming dislike bordering on complete hatred for bg66. no feel, no power and low durability, 2 hours of play with this and it's almost guaranteed to snap. might as well just donate my money to my stringer. bg80 and 85 on the other hand, pure heaven ....

Have you been using fake BG66? BG66 is among the most responsive strings I've ever tried. It's almost Taneepak "effortless". ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    PG Neon has the most bite of any string I've tried. But it's a pain to string, it gets all twisted on many an occasion.
    Ahh I see, thanks for clearing things up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Have you been using fake BG66? BG66 is among the most responsive strings I've ever tried. It's almost Taneepak "effortless". ...
    I would have to agree, too bad it snaps too fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trying2play View Post

Hope that helps.
    Guess i have the "Neon". Thanks for the clarification.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast