User Tag List

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielchua2
    I'm a school team player, 3rd singles. i juz restrung my Amortec 800 offensive 2 weeks ago and my current string is BG66... i'm starting to feel that my racket is losing its tension. I have power and strength as i work out frequently, what string can you recommed me ?
    bg-80 quite good for holding tension, better is bg-65 ti, that's match with attacking style of play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder why there's no bg-65ti in dinkalot's string table..
    Last edited by sifuyono; 01-02-2007 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono
    i wonder why there's no bg-65ti in dinkalot's string table..
    Maybe because I have not tried it...yet. ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks sifuyono for recommeding BG80... thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielchua2
    Thanks sifuyono for recommeding BG80... thanks again.
    yup... u're welcome daniel..
    if u'll string bg-80 then get the same tension as u string with bg-66, but take 1-2lbs higher with bg-65ti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kk... thanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else had BG80 start "cracking" on them after about 2-3 sessions of use? I had my NS9k strung with yellow BG80 at 23 lbs, and the string has started to crack near the grommets at the top of the frame. I'm not a super-hard hitter, and I don't usually scoop up the shuttles at the top of the frame, more to the side.

I phoned the guy who strung my racket, and he said BG80 tends to do this after a little while, but 2-3 sessions is hardly enough time for this to start happening. A better description of the string cracking is like how the top layer sort of breaks apart and reveals a thinner looking string on the inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak
    Has anyone else had BG80 start "cracking" on them after about 2-3 sessions of use? I had my NS9k strung with yellow BG80 at 23 lbs, and the string has started to crack near the grommets at the top of the frame. I'm not a super-hard hitter, and I don't usually scoop up the shuttles at the top of the frame, more to the side.

I phoned the guy who strung my racket, and he said BG80 tends to do this after a little while, but 2-3 sessions is hardly enough time for this to start happening. A better description of the string cracking is like how the top layer sort of breaks apart and reveals a thinner looking string on the inside.
    nope... maybe it's because u misshit so often, btw do u string with bg-80 just this once? if yes, then it must be u misshit alot or the stringer do apoor job of stringing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you are referring to the outer jacket of the string. It looks like the string jacket has peeled off. If it is outside the frame, then it is probably caused by scooping up the shuttle from rough surfaces. If inside the frame, then it could be caused by the clamp, especially the Yonex flying clamp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taneepak,

I've had that issue too when I used BG-80 until I finally gave up on this string and went with Gosen Roots B505 (which is years ago) when it did that too much. Except the cracking, or more pre-mature breaking was happening about pretty much around the majority of the sweetspot area and outwards. I never scope the racket using the had, I pick them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heyy dinkalot..can you review the gosen strings??! those pro 66's/bio roots/nanocubics hehe it'll be great if you did

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn_123
    Heyy dinkalot..can you review the gosen strings??! those pro 66's/bio roots/nanocubics hehe it'll be great if you did
    Yes, I am in the process of updating and adding new strings to the review. I have tried Pro 66 and Pro 70, trying to get my hands on BG-65 Power, BG-88Ti and have BG-65Ti. Stay tuned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the first time I've had my racket strung with BG80, but I don't think I could've possibly mishit enough to crack the outer layer that much.

And yeah taneepak, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm a bit worried that it will break on me soon, as <10 sessions is not what I had in mind for a badminton string. I don't think it was caused by scooping up the shuttle though, as I only use the side of my racket (the head is too inconvienent for me)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit worried that it will break on me soon, as <10 sessions is not what I had in mind for a badminton string. I don't think it was caused by scooping up the shuttle though, as I only use the side of my racket (the head is too inconvienent for me)
    Don't worry until the string actually breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DinkAlot, have you tried the SOTX CF66 string? How does that compare to the SOTX BS-963?? I'm about to buy some sotx rackets off jerby.. I want the bs-963, but it doesnt have a good color selection.. lol. So how is the CF66?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midknightblue
    DinkAlot, have you tried the SOTX CF66 string?
    I have tried it once. I believe it's 0.68mm. It's a good string but BS-963 is better.

This past week I had a chance to compare BS-963 to BG80, BG85 and MP. Though BS-963 is very responsive and repulsive, BG80, BG80 and MP are a more solid feeling string. Relatively speaking, BS-963 feels "hollow".

With that said, performance among these strings is comparable. But I prefer BG80, BG85 and MP because of the solid feel.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midknightblue
    I want the bs-963, but it doesnt have a good color selection.
    If performance is important to you, I would not worry about color selection and go with white, transparent, gray, a lighter color string. They play better in general and are more durable.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast